2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver

Le Venin

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No interest in watching any of it.

Why? It's the winter olympics, I don't normally watch the actual olympics so yeah.

Actually if something funny happens I might youtube it afterwards, you know someone falling over while running, that sort of thing :P

I was gonna make a thread for this, haha : D

Anyways, I'm watching. I'm kind of a sports idiot ;p Well deserved gold to Kramer, wish Bøkko did better though.

Watching the Nordic Combined right now, hoping for a Norwegian medal :]

Also, the Biathlon starts in 30 min. Very excited for that, Norway have a good shot at getting gold. :]

EDIT: And yeah, it's so sad about Nodar Kumaritashvili. :( Things like that are not supposed to happen, it makes the sport completely pointless. I hope they secure things much better in the future, so something like this won't happen again.

Looking like we're getting a silver medal in the sprint biathlon:D The weather conditions was HORRIBLE, like seriously. They ruined the whole race for everyone who started as number 10 or below.

Canada, you kind of fail when it comes to weather. :nono:

I'm excited for the snowboarding to start :) The snowboard cross starts tomorrow, and halfpipe on wednesday.

EDIT: Wehey, first medal in these Olympics :)

I don't think Denmark has many chances of winning anything. The biggest opportunity is probably in curling, but honestly curling. Otherwise I prefer to watch Biathlon as it is quite fun to watch. Hopefully Ole Einar Bjorndalen will win some medals. And then Canada in ice hockey.

I couldn't agree more :mrgreen:

Curling isn't too much fun too watch, but it's so awesome actually playing it :D haha

Zoltan Kelemen(Romanian skater)

lol he definitely has hungarian origins, his name is hungarian

and i heard about that death too, it's horrible :(

anyway, i'm not watching it. maybe i would but my exams start tomorrow and i have like, no time.. so yeah.

I pretty much leave the Olympics on for two weeks and watch whatever comes on, but I love speed skating and figure skating. It's funny cause the Olympics are pretty much the only time I cheer for the US in world competition. We're doing fairly well too, and it was cool watching Spillane win the first US medal in Nordic Combined today.

Did anybody see Shannon Bahrke in women's freestyle skiing last night? During the qualifying round, she skiied to "crushcrushcrush." :)