The Only Exception (Official Video) online!

lucasrebmann

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed they actually put the other band members in for more than 3 seconds this time :roll:

Maybe the next video will be an actual band video and not the hayley show

When I watched it yesterday I was a bit disappointed that it was so Hayley focused, but it works.

*waits for people to say we're being negative* :P

Its true guys, that the rest of the band would probably want to be as focused as Hayley. altho it would be kinda weird if the ''girls bf''(in this music video) would be any of the guys in the band, wouldn't it?

I think Id rather see Hayley as the main role instead of some unknown girl as the main role :)!

Its true guys, that the rest of the band would probably want to be as focused as Hayley. altho it would be kinda weird if the ''girls bf''(in this music video) would be any of the guys in the band, wouldn't it?

I think Id rather see Hayley as the main role instead of some unknown girl as the main role :)!

While true, the entire setup of the video is just hayley-centric to begin with. From the writing process she was clearly the only focus of the video. It just seems kind of hypocritical for her to be wearing shirts and saying "paramore is a band" when she is clearly the main focus and does nothing of any valor to change it. If you ask me, the real reason she's the only one is that she's trying to become a sex symbol and they all realize they'll make way more money with her being what you see because thats what people want.

*cough* sellouts *cough*

I'd like to see more of the guys too, but it's a song Hayley wrote about her personal life. It makes sense for the video to focus on her and her dealing with those emotions.

And as far as her being the main focus in general, that happens with most lead singers, usually more so if the lead singer is female. That's just how it is.

anyway

i love the video. brandon did an amazing job. mad props to him

i was a tad dissapointed it was centered around hayley, they could've hired an actress. but i think it's amazing as is. it's hayley's story anyway so why not have her play the part

when i watch the video i dont think "thats the singer of paramore"

it's more like, heres a girl trying to find "the one" etc...

anyway

i love the video. brandon did an amazing job. mad props to him

i was a tad dissapointed it was centered around hayley, they couldn've hired an actress. but i think it's amazing as is. it's hayley's story anyway so why no have her play the part

when i watch the video i dont think "thats the singer of paramore"

it's more like, heres a girl trying to find "the one" etc...

that.

I'd like to see more of the guys too, but it's a song Hayley wrote about her personal life. It makes sense for the video to focus on her and her dealing with those emotions.

And as far as her being the main focus in general, that happens with most lead singers, usually more so if the lead singer is female. That's just how it is.

I totally agree.

She writes the lyrics to almost everything, so you can't really pull that card here.

I have no problems with them being sellouts, I just wish they wouldn't beat around the bush :D

can't someone simply say they disagree?

guess not.

wasn't trying to attack anyone. i just don't have the same point of view, dont be such a hypocrite.

you're allowed to say your opinion, of course. others are also allowed to disagree.