Weird interview on a French radiostation

Le Venin

just because some people would laugh at this sort of thing doesnt mean all would and it doesn't make it okay to ask.

but yeah by getting all mad at this guy and going nuts about it is giving the station the attention they want lol.

it's publicity thats all they care about

also doesn't make it right for people to attack him because his sense of humour isn't the same as their own

people are overreacting

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah you're right. everyone has their own types of humor. thats fine

but thats just something you don't ask someone. it's really rude. people don't have respect anymore

especially on an interview and someone you hardly know.

some people can laugh at that stuff and some find it offensive. people have to watch what they say around people they don't know well

i've heard friends talk about that which is fine because it's not in an interview that is recorded for tons of people to hear and people know each other not just someone they met 10 minutes ago lol

If I walked up to someone at work and asked them that question, it would be considered sexual harassment and I would lose my job. How is it okay for him to ask guests? It's his job as a DJ to research the bands he interviews and know what's appropriate to talk with them about and what isn't.

Maybe that question could--barely--be considered okay if he was interviewing a band like Hinder who's known for sleeping with tons of groupies and trashing hotel rooms, but Paramore is not one of those bands.

However, he obviously thinks he's awesome, loves the attention, and isn't going to change, so I'm done with caring about him at all.

If I walked up to someone at work and asked them that question, it would be considered sexual harassment and I would lose my job. How is it okay for him to ask guests? It's his job as a DJ to research the bands he interviews and know what's appropriate to talk with them about and what isn't.

Being in a band isn't an actual job though is it?

Maybe that question could--barely--be considered okay if he was interviewing a band like Hinder who's known for sleeping with tons of groupies and trashing hotel rooms, but Paramore is not one of those bands.

lol Hinder

Paramore is not one of "those bands" no, but since they are classed as "pop punk" every other "pop punk" would probably answer that same question with a joke. "Last orgasm? I'm having one right now!" If you're in a ROCK band you should expect to be asked questions like that imo, and we shouldn't over-react to stuff like this.

To prove a point, here's part of a Queens of the Stone Age interview on Gonzo [MTV]:

Zane Lowe: "What's your favourite cheese gentlemen?"

Josh Homme: "Head"

Joey Castillo "Yeah Head Cheese"

Zane Lowe: "....moving on, if you met the Queen what would you say?"

Josh Homme: "Can I hit it?"

Joey Castillo: "Is it pink?"

*laughter*

Zane Lowe: "I think we officially got taken off the air for that"

I can see why people are upset, cause I think it is more inappropriate to ask a girl that question :shifty: But I do think the band should expect to be asked stupid questions.

And some fans are too protective of the band.

Hell I could have made a thread "Zane Lowe called Josh a bummer!" and get 20+ posts from people saying Zane Lowe sucks without even knowing who he is, and people send him complaints, etc too.

not everyone is the same. and not everyone is going to find that amusing.

especially a band who has tons of younger fans

I don't see how that Queens Of The Stone Age interview compares at all because the band members were the ones who brought up the dirty stuff, not the DJ.

Also rock musicians should not expect to be asked questions like that. Not all of them pick up an instrument to get groupies and party 24/7... surprisingly enough, some of them just enjoy going out and playing music for people.

If Paramore had laughed this off and made a joke about it, I doubt anyone would be upset. However, when they were asked the question, they were taken aback, angry, and embarrassed. That's the problem.

I don't see how that Queens Of The Stone Age interview compares at all because the band members were the ones who brought up the dirty stuff, not the DJ.

Also rock musicians should not expect to be asked questions like that. Not all of them pick up an instrument to get groupies and party 24/7... surprisingly enough, some of them just enjoy going out and playing music for people.

If Paramore had laughed this off and made a joke about it, I doubt anyone would be upset. However, when they were asked the question, they were taken aback, angry, and embarrassed. That's the problem.

so true hahaa

if they laughed about it and made a joke i would've thought it was funny.

It shows that other bands would have laughed it off.

But it's rock music. And considering they make "pop punk" music, a genre that's reknowned for dick jokes, guys dressing up as women, and general stupidness they should be prepared for dumb questions.

True, but complaining about it does what exactly?

It doesn't show that other bands laughed it off. They were the ones who made the joke.

That was not a dumb question, it was completely disrespectful. Do you walk up to random women and ask them that and not get slapped in the face?

People are not "complaining." They're sticking up for the band, who was obviously upset by the question.

And with that, I'm done cause there's gonna be a disagreement no matter what anybody says.

It doesn't show that other bands laughed it off. They were the ones who made the joke.

That was not a dumb question, it was completely disrespectful. Do you walk up to random women and ask them that and not get slapped in the face?

People are not "complaining." They're sticking up for the band, who was obviously upset by the question.

And with that, I'm done cause there's gonna be a disagreement no matter what anybody says.

To be honest I don't take your posts serious half the time because you intern at Paramore's record label.

Agree to disagree I say.

Yeah, cause I've been interning at FBR for all of two months. That must be the only reason why I'd ever defend Paramore... :???:

Three years ago, I was ready to drop out of college, living with a bitch of a roommate, depressed, and ready to give up music all together. I didn't care about anything. Then I found Paramore. I picked up my bass after two years of not playing, changed my principle instrument and my major at school, started hanging out with the people who are now my best friends, and started enjoying life again. Not to mention, over the years, I've had countless opportunities and have met so many awesome people through their communities. They changed my life, and THAT'S why I support and care about them. Not because anyone tells me to.