Weird interview on a French radiostation

Le Venin

You need to know that the broadcast is a "free office" so they can talk of everything and especially of sex, it's the same on all french station that have free office like Skyrock or Fun Radio, so for me it's in the context of the broadcast and they know that Hayley was not going to answer it ^^

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Thanks for that. I was wondering how French broadcast laws differed from American ones, and I think that also has a lot to do with how this DJ's question was perceived. He does come across as a huge jerk though, judging by the replies he's sent to people.

Are Paramore still on FBR? Thought Warner/Atlantic would've moved them up by now.

Even though FBR still kind of runs as its own label, it's owned by Atlantic. All the bands are on Atlantic/Fueled By Ramen now, and I technically intern for WMG/Atlantic/FBR.

*Chriss'

If I were asked that I would joke about it, but these guys are really religious and kinda straight edge (a bit) and this is just insulting to them.

Actually, Chriss's was correct I believe. Only if there is more than one do you omit the S after the apostrophe :D

Just trying to lighten up the thread.

But back to the topic at hand. We all know it was rude, disrespectful, offensive and that a question of that nature should not have been asked on the radio or at all but what can you do? They're big kids--the band--and they can speak up and take care of themselves. Let them consider this a lesson on how to deal with a situation in which the interviewer is a complete icky for he most likely will not be the last.

Three years ago, I was ready to drop out of college, living with a bitch of a roommate, depressed, and ready to give up music all together. I didn't care about anything. Then I found Paramore. I picked up my bass after two years of not playing, changed my principle instrument and my major at school, started hanging out with the people who are now my best friends, and started enjoying life again. Not to mention, over the years, I've had countless opportunities and have met so many awesome people through their communities. They changed my life, and THAT'S why I support and care about them. Not because anyone tells me to.

Fair enough.

Yeah, cause I've been interning at FBR for all of two months. That must be the only reason why I'd ever defend Paramore... :???:

Why are you "defending" Paramore? We were ALL in agreement that the DJ was wrong to ask the question in the first place. The point I was trying to make which you shot down so bluntly was that because Paramore are considered to be pop punk, they're going to get asked questions like that, whether it's right to ask the question or not.

And people did complain by sending that guy emails.

I've not listened to the interview, but that was creepy. Asking those kinda of questions is just plain stupid. Not to mention rude. But props to Hayley she just rode it out. But if I was asked a question like that on national radio, I would have walked out.

Just plain wrong...