Please look, I need some advice...

G3vans

Right, so here's the deal. Last year sometime Muse announced that they were playing Wembley Stadium on September 10th 2010. Naturally, I ordered 4 tickets for me and my friends. I asked my best friend and 2 others. Now, my best friend has backed out and here's where the potential problem begins...

Back when I ordered the tickets they were £50, and so by about January everyone had paid up. Now my best friend has backed out and he's talked about selling the ticket on for an excessive price. Now, for this scenario, lets not include what people think about ticket touting in this situation. I think it's unfair that's he's backed out on us and will instead make over 100% profit, and I want you to help me decided if I have a case or what to do.

When I ordered these tickets, I wanted me and 3 of my friends to have an awesome weekend away in London and to see my favourite band live in a wonderful stadium. Over the past few weeks, my friend has been saying that his mum is unsure if she'll let him go. One main reason is because the gig is on the Friday and his University starts on the Monday, meaning he won't have a lot of time to settle in to his new accommodation. These fears were confirmed a few days ago, and he says he can't go. I don't actually believe his mum influenced his decision as much as he suggests, but instead I've always had the feeling that he didn't want to go. For example, a different friend said that my best friend had been to see the depute head at our school about the gig being too close to Uni, but he said it was okay and to go for it! I asked my best friend about this and he rather awkwardly said that he never gave him a decent answer! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm not happy about this and I certainly don't want him making a massive profit from this ticket, you know? It's like I've sold it on for someone to go and enjoy the experience only for them to sell it for their gain. Do I have a case? In my head it sounds fair that I'm not happy, but when I think about confronting him about it, it just seems a little petty. Should I talk to him and explain that I feel I should have the ticket back? What would you lot do?

I wouldn't buy Muse tickets in the first place, lol.

But in all seriousness, did he even pay for the ticket? That's a little unclear.

Also, I think something like this would be better off in the Rant Thread.

No, you don't.

He bought the ticket, it's his. You have no say. Morality, feelings etc. don't come into it- it's money.

So basically just find a better mate who doesn't pussy out;...

I bought the tickets so I could distribute them to 3 good friends so we could go to a gig together. I distributed them to my friends with the understanding that they would all be in attendance, and now that one can't go, surely I should just be able to refund him in return for the ticket and find someone else to go?

I talked to a lot of friends today and they all seem to think that I am in the right and should get the ticket back, so Imma going to have a word with him tomorrow me thinks.

I wouldn't buy Muse tickets in the first place, lol.

Even though they're commonly referred to as the best live band on the planet?

EDIT: I'll also add, although I've been paid, I've not actually received/distributed the tickets yet. So the transaction is not complete.

To be honest i can see where you're pissed off, i get it, but they have paid for it so technically it is "their" ticket, you know. Sure, speak to them and ask them if you can just pay them back for the ticket and sell it on to other people, but if they say no you can't blame them or do anything about it. I find gigs better when you go with minimal people anyway.

For the record, i wouldn't buy Muse tickets either, "best live band on the planet" or not. Just saaayyiiinnnn'

To be honest i can see where you're pissed off, i get it, but they have paid for it so technically it is "their" ticket, you know. Sure, speak to them and ask them if you can just pay them back for the ticket and sell it on to other people, but if they say no you can't blame them or do anything about it. I find gigs better when you go with minimal people anyway.

For the record, i wouldn't buy Muse tickets either, "best live band on the planet" or not. Just saaayyiiinnnn'

Aye, I'll deffo tell him what I think. I'd like to think he's the type of guy that would put his friends over £50. Guess there's only one way to find out.

Your loss :P

It's 50/50 really.

He has the case that he's given you the money for it. You have the case that he's not going now.

Try and get someone else to go instead, or just tell him someone else is going and you'll give him the £50 back :P