All Time Low

whatsername104

You can get really good digital recorders at radio shack for relatively cheap. I went the ghetto route when I did interviews and use the little mini tape ones, though.

really? i'll look into that. thanks. the ones at best buy are like, 40 bucks, and like, my mom;s friend, whoo's an investigator is gonna let me borrow the tape one he has. if i had another use for it, then i would spend 40 bucks.

but i'll see how it is at radio shack =]

idk if any of you have seen their new myspace bulletin, but it was a message from Jack::

Hey guys,

Jack here writing on a serious note, for the first and hopefully only time ever. I just wanted to let everyone know what's going on in the All Time Low camp. We were scheduled to head out on the road with our boys in The Audition. We were more than overwhelmingly excited to be going out with a sick tour, but we were more excited that we'd be going out with some great friends. But sometimes things come up unexpectedly and you really have to take a step back and take a look at the big picture. Last year, my grandpa passed away and it was a really difficult time for my family and me. I'm finding myself in the same scenario once again with my other grandpa, at 104, who's health is declining rapidly. Due to my obligations with touring, recording, and just being in a band, my immediate family has been waiting on me to go visit him in Lebanon and basically the only time frame we could would be in June. With past experiences with losing family members, you really have to make priorities in life and family will always come first. Believe me, there's nothing I love more than to tour, but I really feel like I need to be with my family for that time. I'm away for most of the year and my family asks very little from me, and this is one thing I really feel I need to come through with. I just want to be the one to tell everyone how sorry we are about having to bail on this amazing tour. We want to send our apologies first and for most to all the kids that planned on seeing us at the shows. We urge everyone to still go out to the shows and support the bands because they are amazing. I have posted the dates below, so if the show is coming remotely near you, we suggest you hit it up. We also want to send an apology to the Audition, their management and booking agent, for giving us the opportunity and us having to leave it under these circumstances. We hope that everyone understands why I have come to this decision. We'll try to come up with something to make it up to all of you, so please keep your eyes and ears peeled.

Thanks for reading and understanding.

Jack Barakat

Dates:

4/30/2007 - Minneapolis, MN @ VARSITY THEATER

5/5/2007 - East Rutherford, NJ @ BAMBOOZLE

5/13/2007 - Minneapolis, MN @ VARSITY THEATER

5/15/2007 - Des Moines, IA @ HOUSE OF BRICKS

5/16/2007 - Lawrence, KS @ THE BOTTLENECK

5/17/2007 - Saint Louis, MO @ CREEPY CRAWL

5/18/2007 - Denver, CO @ MARQUIS THEATRE

5/19/2007 - Salt Lake City, UT @ AVALON

5/20/2007 - Boise, ID @ THE BIG EASY

5/22/2007 - Seattle, WA @ EL CORAZON

5/23/2007 - Portland, OR @ HAWTHORNE THEATRE

5/24/2007 - OrangeVale, CA @ BOARDWALK

5/25/2007 - San Francisco, CA @ BOTTOM OF THE HILL

5/26/2007 - W. Hollywood, CA @ THE ROXY

5/27/2007 - Anaheim, CA @ CHAIN REACTION

5/28/2007 - San Diego, CA @ SOMA

5/29/2007 - Tempe, AZ @ CLUBHOUSE

5/31/2007 - Albuquerque, NM @ LAUNCHPAD

6/1/2007 - Dallas, TX @ THE DOOR

6/2/2007 - San Antonio, TX @ SANCTUARY

6/3/2007 - Houston, TX @ JAVA JAZZ

6/8/2007 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ CULTURE CLUB

6/9/2007 - Orlando, FL @ THE SOCIAL

6/12/2007 - Charlotte, NC @ CASBAH

6/14/2007 - Baltimore, MD @ OTTOBAR

6/15/2007 - Philadelphia, PA @ FIRST UNITARIAN CHURCH

6/16/2007 - New York, NY @ KNITTING FACTORY

6/17/2007 - Boston, MA @ AXIS

6/21/2007 - Edinboro, PA @ THE HANGOUT

6/23/2007 - Chicago, IL @ HOUSE OF BLUES

i have something even better =]

so i'm uploading everything right now, so i'll tell you all how it went.

We got there and I went into the venue to hang up some posters and stuff for street team, and passed out some crap as well to the 5 people who were there. You should know, it was a FREAKING SMALL place. very small. anyways .... so I called matt at 4.55 (merch/tech guy) and was like "I'm rachna calling about the interview" (haha word for word) and he was like "where are you? come by the van" so i went by the van.

I met him and Alex and some other dude whose name I don't know, but he was pretending to be Zac from ATL and it was relly funny. I gave them the cookies and bracelets, and then I tied the bracelets on Alex and Matt because they didn't know hos to do it. it was amazing. haha i made a pink one, and i was like, "yea i made apink one because real men wear pink" and alex was like "well, i'm not a real man" haha it was hilarious.

Then we went into the van for the interview (which will be up later). it was a tad awkward, for me at least, and i didn't make as much eye contact as i would have wanted, but it was still amazing.

we had like, an hour and a half till the show, but i'll just go to the show. skipping the secret handshake and valencia (both of which are great but this IS about ATL), ATL came out and started like, quoting Blink-182. it was really funny. during 'Running From Lions', when Alex sings the bootylicious part, he pointed right at me and sang 'my body's too bootylicious for ya babe' because we chatted about it in the interview. it was sweet. i recorded it too, so hopefully i can get it online somewhere for you all to see. i recorded more as well, so you can see that too.

after their set i went to the back to hang with my mom. HTL started and it was awesome and we were dancing and all. my brother started talking to Jack about video games becaues a few weeks ago, Jack had posted a myspace bulletin challenging people to Tiger Woods PGA Golf, which my brother loves. so my brother asked him about it and he said he lost it and they talked a little more. Then, Jack proceeded to give my brother an EP for free and my brother's like, "we already ahve this" and idk what Jack said, but my brother kept it. then, he asked him to sign it, and jack wrote on it: "next time you're going down at tiger woods' haha and it was in what i like to call "jack writing" because it looked like a kindergarterner wrote it.

THEN i was taking a picture with Alex and like, haha my mother doesn't know how to work the camera and like, after about 4 times of me having to fix everything the picture came out. it was hilarious.

that's my story. more will play out when i post the interview, and then i can talk more about what went on then =]

OME MORE THING. okay so like, we got there and this guy was walking around and i was like JOSH! because he totally looked like Josh Farro. but no =[ he's the guitarist of Valencia. and, when they performed, he was wearing that skin tight black plo that josh has (but josh's is purple) and he was wearing black dress pants and white shoes. I got pics of him too (one with him) so i could show all of you who haven't seen em before

hey, i'm pretty sure i saw you at the show...were you at the right side of the venue? anyways, that dude reminded me of josh too! but a bigger version..i've never heard ATL's music before, but they were pretty good. I just felt bad that the crowd kind of disappeared after they played......

yea, i was!! and yes, i was at the right. haha

yea, the crowd didn't really seem into it at all. i was a little dissappointed in that.

yea, it was a wierd crowd...good show though. i couldn't believe how small and empty the venue was. Overall it was a good place, the only thing they need to fix is their lighting cuz i was front and center and could barely see colins face in front of me cuz there's no light coming from the front. Are you going to the chain reaction or knitting factory show?

yea, the lighting was horrible! my pictures didn't come out too great because of it. yea, it was really really tiny. but the first time i saw All Time Low was at this like bar/club, and it was a lot like that. it made me feel all nostalgic =D

no, i totally want to though. i don't have any rides. are you??