New EP Due This Summer

Chriss

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I feel like it's been forever since Brand New Eyes. I haven't listened to Paramore in ages too. I really can't wait for new music.

Same, it's been probably a month since I listened to Paramore regularly, I did again the past couple of days and it made me really really really miss them. I can't wait for this EP!

Looks like Taylor is going to be doing a lot of the work for this EP. He's writing songs with Hayley, I'm assuming he'll be recording both lead and rhythm guitar, and now it looks like he'll be playing the drums on the EP as well.

EDIT:

So I guess the answer to the question, "Who's playing drums on this new EP?" is Taylor! Hayley just posted a pic on Paramore.net of him playing. :)

Beat me by a couple minutes I see.

Yeah, he's got a lot on his plate his time around, but he's a talented kid, so I know he can do it. It's always a little better to record the parts you wrote anyway, so you get exactly what you want on the recording.

I'm excited to hear his drumming. I've seen him switch with Zac on Misery Business live, and he did an awesome job. Should be cool.

haha I like to get my fun stuff out of the way in the beginning of summer, then I have the rest of it to look forward to. Like when I saw Paramore last year it was the beginning of August and I was like should I look forward to it or not? Because by the time it came, summer was more than half over.

Little known fact: teachers enjoy summer vacation as much or more than the students.

Hayley posted this in the latest LJ entry:

i guess the only thing we can say that won't have you completely stoked out of your skull is that we are rethinking the idea of releasing these songs in EP form. for a few reasons which, of course, will be explained. we've obviously been through a hell of a lot in the past however many months it's been... so it probably won't come as any surprise to you when i say that i've written a lot of lyrics having to do with the whole situation. one you've already heard, ("in the mourning") and quite a few others, some of which would never be paramore songs but were more just my way of venting and getting over everything. the 2nd song we're recording and the 3rd one that we're hoping to get done also have the same subject matter. and really, we just don't want to put out a full product that sounds like a concept record about yet another difficult period in our bands life. it really is time to move on. with that being said, we want to give you all some new music. honestly, we want to give ourselves some new music too. geeeezzzz. so we're working out how exactly to release everything... but so far it just seems like we spoke a little too soon about the whole EP thing. sorry :/ we were kind of excited. you will still be getting new songs though! and we think you guys are gonna really like them.

Not sure if that means that they're going to wait and record a full album or just going to release these songs some other way cause they don't want an EP full of whiney songs about Zac and Josh leaving. I'm still excited to hear the new songs, however they end up releasing them.

I don't blame them. I can understand they are worried about backlash from the media or just the media coverage in general over the Zac and Josh situation. The whole EP or album press would be about them, and they want it to be about the music, not the drama. So they want to re-evaluate their options and make the best choice. Regardless, it sounds SOOOO good to hear them recording anything at all. It makes me really happy to see them doing what they love.

I understand why they don't want to release something that deals with it. Still, I feel like they really need to get things out of their chest, with these new songs. They could still release a EP with these songs, for the fans, but without promoting it (even if it would be hard). That way, we could still have a little something while they're recording other songs for a possible record. Because I don't know how they would release these new songs they're currently recording, if it's not on an EP.

Saw Jeremy's clip on tumblr last night, already humming the tune of it even though i've only heard something like 7 seconds of it :D

Can't say I won't be a little disappointed if the EP thing doesn't happen but at the same time I get where they're coming from. And if it still means them just releasing a couple of songs rather than a full EP/album then it's still a couple of Paramore songs we didn't have before. :)

I totally understand where they're coming from. Initially the natural reaction will be to vent their feelings, whatever they may be, and make them into songs. But in the cold light of day realising they dont want this to take centre stage with a new album, and want to write about other things. I think instead of an EP they perhaps might just release a couple of songs individually to wet our appetite for the album they'll release later on.