Between The Trees

Ashhh

It was indeed a benefit show :) They pretty much sold out of everything. One of the couples from MTV's Engaged & Underage show was there, I guess they're working together with TWLOHA. You'll see it in the videos.

Just a heads up, the guys are heading a 6 week tour, as today was their last show in Orlando for a while. Off the top of my head, they'll be in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Virginia, and Texas as far as I know. They'll also be in New Jersey at the Bamboozle East in May. Check their site for further information :)http://betweenthetrees.net/

I watched that show (the MTV one) and the girl wore a TWLOHA shirt about half the show. i kinda screamed =] haha

I'm jealous of youuuu!!

4v8J6P58shY

BTT Set repost

There's Jamie, Renee, & co. :) They're such amazing people. Also a neat little sidenote or two I'd like to share: I mentioned that I was at the Social a few months ago to see Paramore, and they played BTT music in between sets, and they were like "We were there, Paramore rocked the house" :) Also, Paramore and my tiny little town of 6 people, Winter Springs, is listed in the special thanks/credits in the BTT album, which I thought was neat.

• 2 months later...

I'm seeing these guys Thursday and I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!

Now they are putting behind the scenes webisodes of the making of their music video for 'The Way She Feels' on myspace. I can't wait to see it!!!

1:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2023937305

2:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2024086194

3:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2024088151

4:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2024092972

I'm seeing these guys Thursday and I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!

Now they are putting behind the scenes webisodes of the making of their music video for 'The Way She Feels' on myspace. I can't wait to see it!!!

1:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2023937305

2:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2024086194

3:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2024088151

4:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2024092972

Sorry, I was EXHAUSTED last night and today. Still am, but I want to write this before I forget something!

Ok, here we go.

It was AWESOME. The second I stepped out of my car, I see Ryan and Brad bringing stuff into the venue. Well, the "venue". It was a bar, and a rather dinky one at that. My friend and I were the first one there at 5 and it started at 6. After I had a minor heart attack because I was so excited and was pointing them out and telling her their names and stuff (she had only heard a few songs at this point but came along for the fun of it), we went for a walk, stopped at 7 Eleven, and then went back to the venue.

We got back at around 6ish, and at this point some people were there. By some I mean like, 10 or less. No joke! Ands most were older people for the bar. The little area you wait to get in, it's like a crevice it's that small, but there is a hole window thing cut to the left, and BTT's merch table was set up right next to it. So I was pointing them out again to my friend, and they heard us and Ryan waves at us and goes "HI!!" and I was like WHEE. Haha ok so we get in and everything and go straight to the merch table. I was so excited at this point I could barely breathe, but I wasn't nervous. I felt like I could just talk to them. So I did. Brad, Ryan and Josh were there. I talked to them about how I saw them in GA (they remembered Kenotia!), about Bamboozle and other stuff. We talked about one of the shirts they said is their least sold (which my friend and I both bought) and they wanted us to figure out what the design was and we did on the second try (two faces, a girl and a guy). They think it is the least sold because people don't really know what it is at first glance, but I think it is way cool. At this point, Wes walks over and he had his back turned, and I go "Hi Wes!" and he turns around looking sort of suprised and goes "Hi! What's your name?" and I shake his hand and say my name and we talked to Wes for at least 20 minutes. He is the coolest dude, really, he is SO friendly. We talked about Bamboozle and how he is gonna hang out with a ton of bands he loves and stuff and how stoked he is. I also asked him about what they were gonna play, and he was like we usually don't decide until like right before haha. And I asked if there was any song they always or never play, and he said they haven't played 'She Is...' since sometime last year, and he was like "I don't know if I even remember how to play it!" HAHA. It was awesome how they were just hanging around though, they were fun to talk to. I told Brad I wanted his TWLOHA sweatshirt and he was like "WELL YA CAN'T HAVE IT!" haha.

Eventually the first band set up and started playing (local band, absolutely awful) so my friends and I go back outside. While we're hanging there, we see BTT in their van pulling out, and we're like WTH!? But then this dude from this band they're touring with, Lost Ocean (freaking awesome by the way, check them out). His name is Bret and he is the bassist. He asked us if we knew any coffee shops around the area. We pointed one out and asked where BTT was going, but he said to get a new rug for where the drum is going and that they'll be back. I was like OH OK. And yeah Bret told us about his band. Eventually he left and came back with an EP. He was like, "If I give you guys a free EP, will you stay our set?" I was like LOL sure! And we did and they were awesome. But that is later. But we went to my car to listen to the EP, and Bret saw us and I was like "We're not leaving, we're just going to my car to listen!!" haha it was funny.

At one point we went back inside, and the keyboardist (Skyler, what an awesome name by the way), was at their merch table. We started talking and I told him they reminded me of Explosions in the Sky with vocals, and he was like that's good because I love them, haha. And I also saw that they recorded in Franklin, TN (GO FIG!) so I asked him if he knew Paramore. And he was like "No, we know someone who used to be in it, his name is Taylor." I was like "TAYLOR YORK!? He IS in Paramore now! Well, not officially, but he's touring with them filling in guitar!" and he was like WAIT REALLY??? It was so coincidental! And then Wes comes over and he hears we are talking about Paramore, and besides knowing the whole band he said that he knew John Hembree. I was like WAIT WHAT?!?! And they said it's kind of like all the bands are connected in some weird way. My friends were just staring there and after we finished that conversation they were like "How do you know all these names?! You're like an encyclopedia of band knowledge, you can talk to these guys so well and we're so nervous and we don't know wth they are talking about and you do!" haha I guess that is what talking to Rachna and hanging on PF will do to you. xP They were all so chill though, I didn't have a problem talking to them. I used to be so nervous, but after Paramore sort of broke the ice back on their tour bus I haven't been scared to talk to bands at all.

So anyway, it was 3 more bands before BTT. This local kid named Blaine or something played solo, guitar and voice. Then this local band called Sattelite Cities or something like that, who were really GOOD. I really enjoyed their set. Then another local band, Asher something or other, and it was their CD release party, so at this point there was the most people of the night. (Oh my gosh, like, 50 whole people!!! Lmao.) So I was really antsy now and really excited. And finally, FINALLY this band ended and BTT started setting up. My friends and I stood so close. Because there was no stage, it was a bar! I asked Wes if I took pictures would they be too distracting (only because they were SO close and the room was really dark and my flash was brutal), but he was like "Nah go for it!".

When they were done setting up (and I was jumping around, literally from excitement), they introduced themselves to their crowd of like, 10 people! Haha. But I yelled loud enough to make up for the lack of people, and that goes for my singing as well. They played 'The Forward' first, which I kinda guessed was coming. When they started, I went crazy. Rocking out, dancing, ("If you're dancing keep on dancing"), singing as loud as I could. Unfortunately, the sound equipment SUCKED. When Wes would start in on the keyboard, Ryan's mic would start cutting in and out randomly. I could tell it was frusturating for them. You couldn't even hear Brad because his mic was too low. After that, they played I think 'Fairweather. Again, same technical difficulties. They tried to fix it, but it wasn't them it was the equipment. Brad got on the mic and was like, "This always happens to Between the Trees. We could be at the venue known for the best sound in the US and we'd still find the technical difficulty." I was like awwww because it was already a small show, I was thinking it wasn't even worth it financial-wise. But they kept their heart in it and gave it their all. They have amazing stage prescence. I think next came 'A Time For Yohe'. Ryan got on the keyboard and started playing and singing, the mix thing kept happening but he played on. It was so awesome, Ryan kept looking at me and smiling cause he saw me singing every word, moving like crazy. Ok, and you people need to know how much of a BEAST Wes is on the keyboard. He jumps around like an animal, especially when he pulls the tambourine out!!! He's so much fun to watch, it's hilarious and he is crazy. I love it. Next was 'Words', again me rocking out and practically crying because I couldn't believe I was so close to them, and that I was pretty much the only one there who knew every single word (except for about 3 other people, not even exagerating), and that I was singing along with them. Last but not least, an amazing finale to their set, 'White Lines & Red Lights'. Ryan again played keyboard for this one. At one point, the mic cut out for a good 10 seconds, and Ryan didn't even come back in, he let us sing it for him. "Cause you are the brightest star, and I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!" and it was so awesome because the band was playing and we were only 4 or 5 people strong, but our voices carried and Ryan goes "You guys sound beautiful". And I was like ahhh this is so amazing. At the ending instrumental part of the song they were going crazy!!! I got it on video, because it was so powerful and overwhelming. Also, a reason I didn't take too many videos, if because I don't like to NOT sing at a concert. And to take a good video at a concert, you need the person taking it to not sing or their voice will be really noticeable. So I took a video of the opening to 'White Lines & Red Lights' and the last note at the end (because Ryan before the beginning of the song said he gets nervous having to hold that line out, hehe) and until it ended. It was SO WICKED!!

Opening:

Ending:

Then Lost Ocean came on and they were really awesome. By the time they ended it was around 11, and we were supposed to be home by then. BUT all the bands were hanging and chilling and we wanted to talk. Sooo we did! We went to Lost Ocean's table and the lead singer Jeff was and I gave him a high five and told him I thought they were spectacular and that they had made a fan that night. He was really nice. Then Bret came and high fived me and was like "YOU STAYED! You guys rock!" And we talked a bit and then went over to talk to Wes, 'cause he was out main man. Haha, he is a really great guy. We talked A LOT about Paramore and Hayley specifically. He said the first time they ever hung out when Pmore was in Orlando, they were talking about the weirdest place to get inspiration, and Hayley had lead the conversation er...to an interesting directionabout toilets lmao. He was like "Any girl that can talk about poop to a dude right after meeting him is the one for me. She's the one." I was like AWW WES! We talked about how little she was (he equated it to hugging his little sister, lmao) and about how cute she was and her amazing stage prescence. He was like "I'm gonna marry her, I asked her and she was like "sure why not!" So Hayley and I are getting married." It was the funniest thing. We also talked about Underoath and that lead to coversations about Aaron, and then Wes said he had played drums for a LONG time before he played keyboard. He said he picked keyboard up FOR BTT. Oh, and by the way, Travis Barker is like his idol. ;D

Ryan came over then and I high fived him and told him he did an awesome job no matter what the mic did. He is really SO adorable, like you want to cuddle him. Lmao. Then Bret from LO came over and he and Ryan were like putting their arms around eachother and stuff I was like LMAO. It was hilarious.

At this point it was 11:30 and it was a school night and we were late already so we were like danggg we should probably go. :( So we found Bret and Jeff and high fived them and told them to come back soon, and then Wes came in and we all hugged him because he is the bombbbb and we had talked to him the most that night and he was so much fun, and I told him I'd see him at Bamboozle. And then we saw Ryan talking on his cellphone in the parking lot while we walked to my car, but I didn't wanna interrupt him so I just waved and was like "Bye Ryan, see ya at Bamboozle!" and he waved back all excited and it was SO cute. I was sad to leave but I'll see them next week. :]]]

All in all, AMAZING night. SO MUCH FUN. Hanging with everyone made the night so awesome. They were all so friendly and Wes put up with me all night talking to him, and they all talked to us. They're some heroes in my book! <3

I'll post the pictures in a seperate post after I get them all uploaded. :]

Whoa Lisa, sounds like an awesome awesome night! Wes is great isn't he? In fact all of them are pretty rad - some of the nicest guys in the business. I'm so glad they're getting exposure now. I'm not surprised at all you got to hang with them for a while. They're really accessible, which I love about bands.

I can't wait to catch them again at a small venue like I did 2 months ago. Awesome story/vids/pics, thanks for sharing, esp. the conversation about Paramore; that was pretty co0l. :)

woo.

edit: I have the same shirt as Wes haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...