Post pics of your Instruments! Show your Setup!

Renith182

Hey guys.

Thought i'd try this thread. I know there are quite a few musicians on here so. This will be our 'Lounge'

Anyways ill start off with my current guitar rig.

DSCN1993.jpg

Marshall MG 50 DFX. Decent onboard effects. Smallest amp i could find with a footpedal. Good distortion and clean. Still wanting a Mesa Dual Recifier though ;)

DSCN1998.jpg

Planet Waves chromatic foot pedal tuner. Real nice. Use Planet Waves gold plated cables aswell (The short and the long). Awesome stuff.

DSCN2000.jpg

Cort MM1. Custom shop from Korea. Bloody good guitar for 600 bucks. Kinda like a PRS copy i suppose? Big though, because the Coffin Case was the only one that would fit it.

DSCN2001.jpg

Came with ORIGINAL Seymour Duncan pickups. Sweet ass deal

DSCN2002.jpg

Custom Freboard inlay. I went to a guitar tech downtown here, and he said he wouldnt do that for 600 bucks, so haha excellent deal. Part abalone aswell

DSCN2003.jpg

Sperzel Locking Tuners. God damn this is a great deal!

DSCN2004.jpg

Dunlop flame strap with dunlop straplocks. Holds it in REAL tight.

NEW ADDITION TO MY GUITAR FAMILY!

DSCN2005.jpg

Epiphone Les Paul studio Elitist. Made in JApan. THe fitment and finish is beautiful. Plays like a dream. Sounds like a dream. Its really heavy though. I dont mind. Its got such good sustain and deep tone. Came with a beautiful case.

DSCN2006.jpg

DSCN2007.jpg

So show everyone your rig. Im curious to see.

Ren

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well lets see, got the drums back in june.. left for the summer, came back in august sooooo.. about two weeks before i left and ive been playing since mid august when i came back so a little over two months lmao..

i already know how to pick up the bass and stuff tho.. all those yrs of playing air drums helped i guess.. like i can play random beats i hear and still hit the bass at the right times instead of hitting the bass at a constant pace like most ppl do.. i guess thats hard haha.. my friend who plays guitar and drums said i shouldnt know how to do these type of things yet lol.. and then i played with a girl who has been playing for two years and i showed her shit lol.. she said after a month of playing she couldnt even do the simple beat still, so i guess im ok.. oh and conspiracy is very easy.. i looked up the tabs and put it on repeat until i had it right.. after reading it, it took me about an hour of listening to get the entire song perfect.. bass and all.. i love the beat tho.. its so cool for a slower type of song

well lets see, got the drums back in june.. left for the summer, came back in august sooooo.. about two weeks before i left and ive been playing since mid august when i came back so a little over two months lmao..

i already know how to pick up the bass and stuff tho.. all those yrs of playing air drums helped i guess.. like i can play random beats i hear and still hit the bass at the right times instead of hitting the bass at a constant pace like most ppl do.. i guess thats hard haha.. my friend who plays guitar and drums said i shouldnt know how to do these type of things yet lol.. and then i played with a girl who has been playing for two years and i showed her shit lol.. she said after a month of playing she couldnt even do the simple beat still, so i guess im ok.. oh and conspiracy is very easy.. i looked up the tabs and put it on repeat until i had it right.. after reading it, it took me about an hour of listening to get the entire song perfect.. bass and all.. i love the beat tho.. its so cool for a slower type of song

That's awesome. I don't know if saying I can play Skip to my Lou is good for just playing for 2 hours yesterday haha but it's worth a start...playing drums would be awesome to learn. How much did all your equipment cost? And are you getting private lessons? I am gonna start on the guitar.

I just wanna play something that's not boring. I know I gotta start out that way but I get pushy and I am not very patient haha...I wanna start putting out riffs like a beast...lol

haha yea.. idk it didnt cost me anything cuz my uncle has always played haha.. and he had just got a kit last year and never has time to play so he gave it to me.. its pretty nice.. but yea, i play once a day or at least i try to haha..

idk i guess i learn really quick tho.. cuz i know how to play a few songs and i have come up with some other shit as well lol..

Some pretty awesome stuff you've got there.So I have played guitar for about a year and half now.I own a cheap but at-least worth its price acoustic guitar and a customized Yamaha RGX 121s electric guitar, with a Fender Bullet Reverb practise amp.So yeah, I have pretty crappy stuff, but I think I'm going to replace my electric guitar soon, with something better and more suitable for me.Well I like the sound of it, but I dont know, dont really like the guitar itself for some reason.Maybe because the quality of it has pissed me off too many times... anyways, some pictures.

pealtag1.jpg -The Yamaha electric guitar.

proel8bf.jpg - Proel SX DG25W acoustic guitar.Sounds good to me.

So thats my low budget rig.

amp = $1600 dollars, Guitar = $1200 dollars, Rock....priceless.

Nice. Thats pricey stuff. Must sound like a beast though. We have very different tastes in sound though. I wouldn't pay 1200 bucks for a fender Telecaster even if it was american made. Now if it had a hot humbucker in the bridge that might change my mind. U like that twangy sound eh? I like it when u have light gain on. For blues. But i always play with alot of gain. Love to shred. Love that deep tone aswell. Cool setup nonetheless man. I havnt really heard of your amp before. Is that american or european?

My new Les Paul is fuckin amazing. Being made in Japan the quality and fitment is amazing. Sounds great too though ill probably put an SH-8 Duncan Invader in the bridge sometime. Gonna try modify this guitar alot. Might remove the pickguard aswel feels kinda funny.

Ren

Some pretty awesome stuff you've got there.So I have played guitar for about a year and half now.I own a cheap but at-least worth its price acoustic guitar and a customized Yamaha RGX 121s electric guitar, with a Fender Bullet Reverb practise amp.So yeah, I have pretty crappy stuff, but I think I'm going to replace my electric guitar soon, with something better and more suitable for me.Well I like the sound of it, but I dont know, dont really like the guitar itself for some reason.Maybe because the quality of it has pissed me off too many times... anyways, some pictures.

pealtag1.jpg -The Yamaha electric guitar.

proel8bf.jpg - Proel SX DG25W acoustic guitar.Sounds good to me.

So thats my low budget rig.

Haha dont worry man. Play with shitty gear. It will make u appreciate it when u get a good guitar. takes more skill to play on shitty guitars aswell. It will be a breeze when u get an ibanez or sumthin (your yamaha looks like their S series guitars, good stuff)

Ren

Nice. Thats pricey stuff. Must sound like a beast though. We have very different tastes in sound though. I wouldn't pay 1200 bucks for a fender Telecaster even if it was american made. Now if it had a hot humbucker in the bridge that might change my mind. U like that twangy sound eh? I like it when u have light gain on. For blues. But i always play with alot of gain. Love to shred. Love that deep tone aswell. Cool setup nonetheless man. I havnt really heard of your amp before. Is that american or european?

My new Les Paul is fuckin amazing. Being made in Japan the quality and fitment is amazing. Sounds great too though ill probably put an SH-8 Duncan Invader in the bridge sometime. Gonna try modify this guitar alot. Might remove the pickguard aswel feels kinda funny.

Ren

it has a very distinct sound, you can easily shred on it if you wanted to the neck plays very smoothly, my amp satisfies any gain needs and so I just let the clarity of that single coil pickup and unique sound of the guitar do the rest and the end result is the most clear and defined sound, you can hear ever note in complex chords and its thick and powerful.

Haha Ren,you already know my sad,sad guitar story..I'm to ashamed to post pics of it,so I won't...until I get my Epiphone =)

My bass is in my friends basement,along with my apms,buttt it's one of these,my bass I mean,pretty cheap starter:http://www.leadguitars.fr/images/S-Ibanez-GSR200-GSR205.jpg

and this is the only picture I can find of my acoustic lol

I got it for my birthday last year...thats why it's all you know,has the bow on it haha

acousticrt2.jpg

i haven't got a picture right now but i've been playing my fender jazz bass for around a year now. haha, i'm proud that i'm the only person at my school that can play, however badly. except i usually stick to what my teacher gives me, unless i work stuff out myself, so it's mainly eric clapton, old rchp, rolling stones stuff.