FBR drops =[

goodnote

According to the site, FBR has dropped/pissed off/lost three of their best bands. Days Away, Kane Hodder, and The Aka's are now officially off the label.

my best bets are they dropped them. I'm dissapointed in FBR. They need more variety than just the norm pop punk. They've just signed ANOTHER band that has nothing unique.

But what really irritates me, is they did nothing to promote these bands at all. of course they'll promote the shit out of Cute is what we aim for, but not Days Away? Days away was one of the best on that label. for what I know, the days away CD wasn't offered in the webstore.

They seriously need to get variety. It's getting bery old, and I've pretty much lost a lot of respect for this label.

=[

they could of left by choice...so it doesn't mean they left on bad terms does it? =\

Personally none of those bands did anything for me,exsept for Days Away...but just a little.

It's not uncommon for lables to drop bands that aren't selling like they should.In the end it's a business, and what FBR currently has is selling,so why not keep signing bands that sell?

i'm mad, not because i liked the bands, but because FBR promotes the hell out of PATD and CIWWAF, bands that are just ... annoying, for lack of a better word. i never got into Days Away, or the other two, but those bands brought some variety onto the label.

plus, with the bands they have left, most of them are not even part of the label. TAI is now on atlantic, FOB on Island. pretty sure PATD will record their next one on a major label, and word is that paramore's contract is up after this album. so pretty much, i don't kow where i was going with this info, but i was going somewhere ...

i'm mad, not because i liked the bands, but because FBR promotes the hell out of PATD and CIWWAF, bands that are just ... annoying, for lack of a better word. i never got into Days Away, or the other two, but those bands brought some variety onto the label.

plus, with the bands they have left, most of them are not even part of the label. TAI is now on atlantic, FOB on Island. pretty sure PATD will record their next one on a major label, and word is that paramore's contract is up after this album. so pretty much, i don't kow where i was going with this info, but i was going somewhere ...

thank you.

and I swear, if they had put days away commercials all over fuse, they'd sell the hell out of that album. They need to put CIWWAF and panic on a back burner and do something for their other bands once in a while

yeah i read something like that some where else

thank you.

and I swear, if they had put days away commercials all over fuse, they'd sell the hell out of that album. They need to put CIWWAF and panic on a back burner and do something for their other bands once in a while

I KNOW! i was in hot topic yesterday, and there wer 3 CIWWAF shirts, but only 1 paramore shirt.

though, i'm sure it's because those two are the ones they know will make it huge. as dissapointing as it is

Don't forget that FBR has a first look upstreaming deal with Atlantic - and Atlantic provides a lot of the marketing budget for many of the FBR bands. So, what Atlantic is interested in gets more budget/more support...and that makes a big difference in who you see getting a push and who you see getting less support/getting dropped.

Don't forget that FBR has a first look upstreaming deal with Atlantic - and Atlantic provides a lot of the marketing budget for many of the FBR bands. So, what Atlantic is interested in gets more budget/more support...and that makes a big difference in who you see getting a push and who you see getting less support/getting dropped.

yea, i never considered that. good point

good point

but I still can't figure out why FBR didn't even bother to sell any days away merch or even their CD in the Webstore,

Just wanted to let yall know that there is no bad blood between us and FBR records.

It just wasn't the right place for Days Away.

We hope this clears up all of your questions/concerns. For those of you wanting to know all of the details, we are sorry, we cannot give them to you for legal reasons. Plus, to us, it's kind of like asking us to explain to you ALL of the details of why we broke up with our girlfriends.

Fooled By Ramen is funny

Please, check back for more posts from us because there is a lot brewing where I am...

word...

keith

I got that today. I'm pretty sure FBR did something now, fooled by ramen? lol