Biffy Clyro

Andrew

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick Review of Only Revolutions:

1. "The Captain". At first when I heard this, I didn't like it but I do now. It sounds different which is what Biffy are all about, far more different to the other generic crap that's about these days. Although I do prefer "Help me be captain" (b-side to The Captain single) which sounds more like the old Biffy. 8/10

2. "That Golden Rule". Quality song, sounds big and awesome. 9/10

3. "Bubbles". I was looking forward to this when I heard Josh Homme played a guitar solo on it, but the solo itself although very good and very QOTSA sounding imo, isn't very audible. It could have done with being louder, but that's just me. 8/10

4. "God and Satan". Decent. Acoustic-y. I prefer the harder stuff. Sounds very much like the stuff on Puzzle. 6/10

5. "Born on a Horse". Has a QOTSA sound to it circa "Lullabies to Paralyze". It's a bit quirky but I like it. 7.5/10

6. "Mountains". Don't need to say anything here I think. 8/10

7. "Shock Shock". Heavier this one. I love the lyrics on this... "Well you talk, and you talk like you're trying to shock me, I don't even know what the fuck we're still arguing about". 9/10

8. "Many of Horror". A slow one this. 7/10

9. "Boooom, Blast & Ruin". The drums at times remind me of Madina Lake. 6.5/10

10. "Cloud of Stink". Faster paced, good drumming, good guitars/bass and some "whoas" thrown in for good measure. Catchy chorus too. 8/10

11. "Know Your Quarry". Weird intro imo with whatever it is... keyboard? Rest is pretty good. 7/10

12. "Whorses". Typical Biffy song. 7/10

Overall Rating: 7.5/10 - 8/10

From NME Magazine this week, Fan Questions with Biffy Clyro...

Where did you get the name Biffy Clyro? And be truthful this time! From @kwik_silva

Simon: "OK, I'll tell the truth then! Basically, what happened is that when I was 12, I came out of the shower, I was drying myself in my room, and I stood all over a newspaper, and I got the ink all over my feet. When I went to wipe the ink off the letters on the bottom of my feet spelt out Biffy Clyro" (room explodes with laughter)

NME: You spend hours at home thinking these up don't you?

Simon: "Yeah, it's great fun!"

:lol: