Cobra Starship

senshuk3n

"Hey Party Girls! (and guys),

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's bad news with a happy ending.

As you've probably guessed from the subject line, we are going to have to postpone our fall UK tour. I understand this may disappoint many of you, but hopefully after reading our reasoning, you won’t hate us . . . that much.

The reason is because we have to record new songs!

As you guys know, we've been touring literally non-stop since "Viva" came out last fall. And as I'm sure you've probably heard by now, we will be doing a US headline tour with Forever the Sickest Kids beginning in October and ending right before the Holiday Season.

And if you know how we do, you know that we've been writing on the road non-stop. Cobras can't stop won't stop!

Well, our friends Sam & Sluggo (who produced our first record) have their studio open all of September. And we realized that if we don't take advantage of this opening, we wont be able to record any new music until next year, which means that you guys would be without new Cobra jams until the middle of 2009! And we would never want to do that to you guys. because we know you're gonna have a whole bunch of new parties to throw this year, and that you need those jams to make your parties bangin!

It's just that we've been touring so much this year, that the year has flown by and we didn't realize we didn't leave ourselves any time to go into the studio.

So I hope you guys can forgive us and continue to support us. We promise we will not be sitting on our asses in September and that the UK dates will be rescheduled for shortly after the SassyBack tour!

Much love always,

Suavez and

Nasty and

La Hoya and

Pleasure and

Gabanti."

Bastards.

Yes. The UK tour was only a week long anyway.

As long as they actually record I won't mind too much. Cartel pulled the same stunt and Will Pugh went and got married. Nothing against them or him, but I really wanted to see them. I had waited two years for a Cartel headine show in the UK and it got pulled.

The UK dates have either been rescheduled or cancelled, I'll post the list in a sec.

Forever the Sickest Kids are still playing the September dates, but are now headlining.

New Cobra dates:

28th January - Birmingham Academy

29th January - Glasgow Garage

30th January - Club Academy Manchester

31st January - Cockpit Leeds

1st February - Rock City Nottingham

2nd February - KCLSU London

Original tickets still valid for January. NOT valid for FTSK in September.

Yes. The UK tour was only a week long anyway.

As long as they actually record I won't mind too much. Cartel pulled the same stunt and Will Pugh went and got married. Nothing against them or him, but I really wanted to see them. I had waited two years for a Cartel headine show in the UK and it got pulled.

Ah, I see. Lets hope they actually record.

And I know someone who went to high school with Will Pugh and she said hes a total dickhead. I know thats really random.

Ah, I see. Lets hope they actually record.

And I know someone who went to high school with Will Pugh and she said hes a total dickhead. I know thats really random.

Aww really? It's cool that she was at the same school as him and stuff but I didn't want him to be a dickhead haha.

• 3 weeks later...
so, i'm thinking about going to the tour with forever the sickest kids but i only know about 3 cobra songs (i'd go cause i really like FTSK)

are they good enough live that i'll have a great time without knowing their songs?

YES.

At Give It A Name back in May, my two mates had never really heard them before and went away fans and had bought both their alubms within days. Cobra are absolutely ACE live.