The Photography Thread

goodnote

I believe if you're allowed to take a camera into a venue, they won't discriminate between a DSLR or a compact... But i think it's probably your personal choice; do you really want to take that equipment into a space that is potentially gonna get it broken ! I nearly dropped mine once as i got caught in the mosh trying to get some photos of this band (my friends band, no less, who had asked me to do it, but didnt get me a photo pass, cheers guys) and i don't think i'll be doing that again !

But yeah. i'm gonna start taking photos again i think, as a prior warning to this thread. Haha. I used to take loads because for a while i was constantly injured from skating and couldn't do anything else. but it's been a while since i've hurt anything (TOUCH WOOD) so i just haven't.

but i will.

ramblerambleramble.

(i'm looking for excuses to type loads of nonsense because i just got a new keyboard and really like the sound it makes ! ignore me).

yeah i guess point and shoots can kinda could be disguised as a phone. Infact my phone pretty much looks like a camera anyway... I think they might just be trying to protect like the quality of photos produced in association with the venue or whatever in relation to the quality of the audience shots. Dunno. stupid bastards.

could still try and hide a dslr though,

"is that a dslr down your trousers or are you just happy to see me?"

Faith you shoot everything from the crowd don't you?? Are you allowed to use your SLR?

:rotfl: From what it seems the UK are mighty strict (I mean all of Faith's photos are taken from the crowd with a dslr (I think :P))

Yeah, I take everything from the crowd with my DSLR. The venue that most of the shows I go to here is totally chill with their photo policy. They let you take whatever the heck you want in, I mean, I can get my 70-300mm lens in and take photos with the staff photographers. I've just never gotten a photo pass.

It is dangerous taking it into the crowd though. I've come very close to getting it broken, but thats the beauty of a neck strap. haha. And shooting from the crowd definitely has its difficulties. Heads in the way and whatnot, but overall its not too bad.

sorry :???: That doesn't really make sense :lol: in the UK there are a string of venues which range from 300-20,000 (although I guess you picked that up :P)

And I've e-mailed a load of people asking for them, but I've got no portfolio for a band and I'm not attached to a publication (not yet, I do know someone running a website who says I might be able to do it on behalf of them :P)

sorry :???: That doesn't really make sense :lol: in the UK there are a string of venues which range from 300-20,000 (although I guess you picked that up :P)

And I've e-mailed a load of people asking for them, but I've got no portfolio for a band and I'm not attached to a publication (not yet, I do know someone running a website who says I might be able to do it on behalf of them :P)

yeah, when I move to Nashville I actually might be able to get work through some local zines and websites so I might be able to get passes.

Jedd actually said he would be willing to help me get a photo pass for Warped next year, which is awesome.

yeah, when I move to Nashville I actually might be able to get work through some local zines and websites so I might be able to get passes.

Jedd actually said he would be willing to help me get a photo pass for Warped next year, which is awesome.

hmm, I wonder if Jedd would be kind enough to let me use HMO as an excuse to get a photo pass for Hey Monday.. I'll ask him :P (It kinda needs to come back up first :???:)