The Hockey Thread.

chrisseh11

1. not too happy with the ducks making it out to the stanley cup finals. I will be cheering for Ottawa.. hence my love for Canadian TV shows, and now the country of Canada.

2. I am so tired. Our league game was nuts. We only had 7 skaters and a goalie. We still won 6-5. Check out our scoresheet. #89 is a stud. ;)

http://stats.siahl.org/oss-scoresheet.php?game_id=25796

I am sooo happy my Ducks moved on! Ten minutes of hugging every random object that I came across.

Chelios totally sold that hook. That was a bunch of crap. And the refs were obviously not in their right minds when that call was made. Stupid call. A cheap attempt at cheating.

But that does not ruin the happiness. Now it is time to focus on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, he will miss another game because the NHL cracks under the pressure of the media. If that is the case, they need to do something about that goal that was KICKED in. That was a distinct kicking motion. But they GAVE Ottawa that game and called stupid things on the Ducks.

I am a Ducks fan all the way. If Pronger misses another game, UGH. They just need to be fair. That guy's goal was KICKED IN.

No one ever made a big deal about all the hits Ottawa made. Like that CHARGE the refs did not call. It is so pathetic. SO pathetic. And of course, if the Ducks we breathe they get a penalty.

But we should have kept our cool and not taken such stupid penalties. So yeah, we are at fault too. But the reffing and all of that was just horrible. It is all so bias.

even if the kick in didn't count it would have still been 4-3, and anaheim had a ton of penalties. anaheim did fine without pronger in the one he missed against detroit. he needs to stop throwing cheap shots, it might cost the duckies. but fisher on ottawa did a good job of not hitting getzlaf (or perry, don't remember who for sure) in that pile in the third.

ps. doesn't chris neil remind you of sean avery. haha i love it.

True. But still. You have to admit that they gave it to Ottawa. It was not reffed well at all. And of course, we had to go and create more penalties for ourselves.

That "cheap shot" Pronger did in the Detroit series was not really a cheap shot. He could have gotten away with it, but like I said, the NHL cracks under the pressure of the media. I have seen worse hits delivered on our players and other players on other team in other games, and guess what was done? NOTHING.

Yeah, well, him being like Sean Avery is not anything to be proud of. Sean Avery is a wuss who backs down from fights. Beauchamin should have finished him off when he grabbed him by the throat. Would have taught the you know what a good lesson.

True. But still. You have to admit that they gave it to Ottawa. It was not reffed well at all. And of course, we had to go and create more penalties for ourselves.

That "cheap shot" Pronger did in the Detroit series was not really a cheap shot. He could have gotten away with it, but like I said, the NHL cracks under the pressure of the media. I have seen worse hits delivered on our players and other players on other team in other games, and guess what was done? NOTHING.

Yeah, well, him being like Sean Avery is not anything to be proud of. Sean Avery is a wuss who backs down from fights. Beauchamin should have finished him off when he grabbed him by the throat. Would have taught the you know what a good lesson.

avery's job in LA was to get under people's skin and he succeeded. chris neil did the same with the ducks today. i loved avery, now he's a ranger. but now i've got kopitar, cammy and frolov to cheer for now, we need to get a damn goalie though. i wouldn't mind jiggy coming up to LA. not at all. ducks will probably resign him anyways.

ps. are you from orange county?

avery's job in LA was to get under people's skin and he succeeded. chris neil did the same with the ducks today. i loved avery, now he's a ranger. but now i've got kopitar, cammy and frolov to cheer for now, we need to get a damn goalie though. i wouldn't mind jiggy coming up to LA. not at all. ducks will probably resign him anyways.

Well then he is completely useless if that is his only job. Just like Boogarrd. He is completely useless. He just gets udner people's skin and is a bully.

Ahhh, I would die if Jiggy went to the Kings. We still need him. We need to stick with him and Bryz and not muck around with anything. I hope to God they resign Jiggy.

Ahhh...Kopitar. Reminds me of when his wrist got cut.

Gosh.

I'm surprised someone isn't here defending my senators.

Well I'm heading out to the Red Zone with my friends this evening in the pouring rain haha

From a fan stand point,I really hope the sens win.

The city right now revolves around the sens it's almost ridiculous.I wouldn't be surprised if they were the base of our economy to be honest

I highly doubt that this is the last you will se eof me in this thread tonight.

Already, Ottawa has started up with the wussy cheating. Their goalie totally embellished and made Ryan Getzlaf fall into him. That goalie, Ray Emery, ought to feel ashamed of himself. He is trying to cheat his way to the Stanley Cup.

I feel sorry for the guy because he is such a wuss to embellish like that. He ought to feel ashamed of himself and his cheating.

This is not the last you will see of me. EVEN IF I HAVE TO TRIPLE POST.

OH BOY OH BOY! Glad to see the Ducks pick it up babbyyyy. Especially after that classless act by the Ottawa player in which he shot the puck at Niedermayer. Shameful.

A lot of the time, we were given horrible penalties. Horrible calls. Ottawa practically got away with everything. BUT we still got our act together and so did the refs...Well, the refs kinda did.

I hope that man gets a call from the NHL about that puck incident. Does not matter who you are, that is a stupid thing to do. Unbelieveable.

But now I will go and dance.

OH BOY OH BOY! :D Soooo exciting.

I hope we do win. It will be sad though because Teemu Selanne will retire afterwards. This may be his last season. OH I am going to cry like a baby when they have that little retirement thing. It will be so odd if he is not back.

I hope! I was surprised we won too! With all the crap calls we were given, I am surprised we were able to breathe on the ice. And if that man who took a shot at Niedermayer does not get in trouble, then the NHL will be making such an embarrassing move for themselves.

Ahhh, my throat hurts from screaming for joy, haha.

• Like 1

well i said yesterday to keep positive and we'll and we did! so i think it's back to california now for the next game, with our fans cheering us on we'll definately win. yeah but i think he'll probably won't get in trouble, guess we'll have to wait and see. haha, my throat would be hurting but i couldn't shout too loudly cos everyone else in my house was asleep. i've had like only 4 hours sleep though, i feel like a zombie

I cannot believe Mr. Puck Chucker did not get in trouble. That is just ridiculous. The NHL has no backbone. They have some serious issues. And they really need to fix 'em. They need to get refs that are not biased and they also need to quit cracking under media pressure.

What a disappointment. Oh, God forbid one of our players shoots a puck at one of the Ottawa players. They would not be allowed back. Oh well though. Just shows who has more class than who.

I hope they do something about that guy. I highly doubt they will though. The guy did not even get a penalty! Bullcrap.