what does your name mean?

clowdiaa

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what in heck? i think this website is effed in the head.

okay, so i knew my name was Gaelic, but according to the website, my name means Princess. WTF?

we even have a "Name Your Baby" book at my house (i'm dead serious) from when my mom was looking for names. and according to this book, my name means "Raven-haired" or something along those lines. (i've looked it up in there before. some of the name meanings are interesting) come on, PRINCESS? what does that have to do with being raven-haired?

• 1 month later...
ok...

Jana = God is Gracious

wait...what does that have to do with me????

jeez. lol. ohh and only 80 people on that website

named their kid Jana. woo. :roll:

but then again they must of made JANA sound different then the way mines is... mine's is JAN-UH but some people are JAY-NUH or YAH-NUH... so yeahh..

They don't have my name. Poos.

So I looked it up on google:

Meaning: Its source is Christiana, a Latin name meaning "Christ's follower."

Languages: This girl's name is used in Dutch.

Nickname For: Christina and Tina

Narrative: The influence of religion on names is evident throughout the world. For example, it is a tenet of Islam that the best names either refer to attributes of Allah or are derived from hamida, an Arabic word meaning ''praise.'' Names used on the Indian subcontinent often refer to the deities of Hinduism.

Though Christiana's direct refererence to Christianity is exceptional, names with ties to the West's predominant religion are far from unusual. Many Hebrew-derived names reflect Christianity's Jewish heritage. Greek- and Latin-derived names witness the church's early development in the Mediterranean basin. Finally, many Germanic and Gaelic names honor saints who spread Christianity throughout northern Europe.

Riiiight.

• 11 months later...