The Maine

whatsername104

^ thats true

^ DUDE! Me freaking too! I was so stoked when my dad said he would take me!

And yeah, John really seems to love the attention the most, but I guess it just goes with the role of being the band's frontman.

yeah my mom said that she isnt sure if i can go but i know she will end up letting me. its only a two hour drive and considering i've driven five hours to see them, she can surely stand a two hour drive! haha

^ thats true

yeah my mom said that she isnt sure if i can go but i know she will end up letting me. its only a two hour drive and considering i've driven five hours to see them, she can surely stand a two hour drive! haha

Yeah... I'm traveling three hours and thats like nothing for me. I've traveled close to seven hours to see Paramore, so driving distance really isnt a factor anymore when it comes ot shows.

So, um, this might sound crazy, but I'm trying to set up a photoshoot with The Maine before the show I go to. I would really love to get some band promos in my portfolio for college and whanot.

So I'm going to email Tim their manager and I'm also going to email their publicist.... what should I say?

^ omg your so lucky. mine is on a thursday and my mom decided to tell me today that i cannot go to anymore concerts this school year. i seriously started crying! how in the world am i going to make it all the way to june w/o a freaking concert? i'm so pissed AND my date is literally a week after spring break is over. why can't it be during my spring break....ahh! it makes me mad thinking about it.

So, um, this might sound crazy, but I'm trying to set up a photoshoot with The Maine before the show I go to. I would really love to get some band promos in my portfolio for college and whanot.

So I'm going to email Tim their manager and I'm also going to email their publicist.... what should I say?

ah that sounds awesome adn tim is a chill dude. i met him back in 06 on the paramore tour when they were with this providence and he was really nice. just explain it to him. i dont think you have like all the flashes like alien bees and umbrellas so it wont be like an actual "photoshoot" like if you understand what i'm saying (if you however are trying to make it an actual shoot dis regaurd the rest of what im going to say) just tell him that your trying to get into an arts school for photography and that you think it would be really impressive if you got some band pictures or w/e to put in your portfolio. make sure what you want to do is explained well so there wont be many questions involved. as long as they dont have much scheduled for that day i'm sure they wouldnt mind having some photos taken of them. (hope that helped some!! ) :/

Yeah... I'm traveling three hours and thats like nothing for me. I've traveled close to seven hours to see Paramore, so driving distance really isnt a factor anymore when it comes ot shows.

yeah traveling isnt a problem...my parents like it and so do i. i love road trips haha. school is the problem right now. gosh it makes me so angry.

you drove 5 hours to see the maine?

yes ma'm!

id just go to the gig tbh, i saw 40 bands during my last exam period at school (and that was me cutting back!) and i still got my college results for my first choice, you need gigs as a stress reliever :)

and i agree about asking for a "photoshoot", definitely word it as best you can, the worst they can say is 'no sorry', what's the harm in that, least you tried

^ yeah i know try explaining that to my parents though. they think i really need to start buckling down because next year i will be a senior. i already know i want to go to a community college for my first year atleast. i told them that dosent mean that i shouldnt try but honestly can it be that hard to get into a CC i have a 3.2 GPA not the best but i mean thats how much it has to atleast be to get into a regular college (well VCU which is where i want to go) i want to go to one in feb and one in april.....i dont think thats asking for much...two shows in six months?

^ only three :/

ive seen them 3 times too.

first at boozle when there was a pretty small crowd and not many knew about them. they played the original version of count em 123

second at the blg thing..the first time a met peter bleehhhh

third at atl thing when i met john again with a fake mustache hahahaha.

^ omg your so lucky. mine is on a thursday and my mom decided to tell me today that i cannot go to anymore concerts this school year. i seriously started crying! how in the world am i going to make it all the way to june w/o a freaking concert? i'm so pissed AND my date is literally a week after spring break is over. why can't it be during my spring break....ahh! it makes me mad thinking about it.

Awww, I'm so sorry. I would totally cry if my parents didnt let me go to anymore shows this school year.

ah that sounds awesome adn tim is a chill dude. i met him back in 06 on the paramore tour when they were with this providence and he was really nice. just explain it to him. i dont think you have like all the flashes like alien bees and umbrellas so it wont be like an actual "photoshoot" like if you understand what i'm saying (if you however are trying to make it an actual shoot dis regaurd the rest of what im going to say) just tell him that your trying to get into an arts school for photography and that you think it would be really impressive if you got some band pictures or w/e to put in your portfolio. make sure what you want to do is explained well so there wont be many questions involved. as long as they dont have much scheduled for that day i'm sure they wouldnt mind having some photos taken of them. (hope that helped some!! )

Yeah! Thanks... I dont even own professional lighting and whatnot. I only have two lenses for my camera, and one of them is for super long shots (AKA taking photographs from the back of a venue... haha). Yeah, Tim seems awesome and I figured they would be open to doing something if they didnt have a lot scheduled. I mean, I'd even plan on sending the pictures to them if they want to use them... though I doubt they would. haha.

Awww, I'm so sorry. I would totally cry if my parents didnt let me go to anymore shows this school year.

Yeah! Thanks... I dont even own professional lighting and whatnot. I only have two lenses for my camera, and one of them is for super long shots (AKA taking photographs from the back of a venue... haha). Yeah, Tim seems awesome and I figured they would be open to doing something if they didnt have a lot scheduled. I mean, I'd even plan on sending the pictures to them if they want to use them... though I doubt they would. haha.

yeah i know i'm going to be super upset if i dont get to go to anymore this school year...she better change her mind.

and yeah well thats awesome. i have a few lenses for my nikon but nothing with a really good zoom. i really want one though. i checked out your pictures and they are really good! i'm sure if you get to go it they'd love to see them!!

ive seen them 3 times too.

first at boozle when there was a pretty small crowd and not many knew about them. they played the original version of count em 123

second at the blg thing..the first time a met peter bleehhhh

third at atl thing when i met john again with a fake mustache hahahaha.

awesome! i saw them

first time blg

second compromising tour

third their own little headlining show after compromising tour

yeah i got the same bs from them as well altho i was pretty much accepted, i just needed a passing grade in 1 class to get in

the way i see iy, going to a gig just makes you study more to make up for the time mssed

yes indeed so right now im really trying to bring up my chemistry grade so maybe i can convince them, haha. they let me go to one show last year and its when we had a final exam and she was like w/e if you go and you dont pass the exam you wont ever go again so i studied my ass off on the way to the show and back and i got a B so yeah you'd think she still wouldnt mind, idk parents can be wierd sometimes...though i know they just want whats best for us, haha

Basically that my academic advisors suggest having a wide variety of photographs in my portfolio for applications and potential clients and that if I was able to do the shoot it would be very informal, just me and my camera, and that the pictures would only be used for my portfolio and on my website unless they wanted to use them for press, in which case I would give the the pictures free of charge as long as I was credited for the work. And I gave him a link to my photography myspace so he could see the work I've done in the past.