ADVICE THREAD!!!

WayneFarro

I've had a idea for a new thread for the off topic forum. Basically people say about their problems then other people try and help them. I know i'll be on here all the time with my troubled love life so.........but actually i've got nothing i need advice now, at least i don't think so, but another reason is that i like to help someone if i can........so does anyone need any advice?

It's a good ideaaaa, even if i have my own little advice giver *cough*Cheyenne*cough* haha

It depends i know some people like to keep things to themselves...

Or share it with people they trust....not that anybody on here can't be trusted

But yeah good for people who like to share things :]

It's a good ideaaaa, even if i have my own little advice giver *cough*Cheyenne*cough* haha

It depends i know some people like to keep things to themselves...

Or share it with people they trust....not that anybody on here can't be trusted

But yeah good for people who like to share things :]

Haha that's not even a joke. Cheyenne is like, the most well spoken person I know!

OH! OH!

I'VE GOT ONE!

Alrighty so, I was asked to prom by a guy friend. Only I'm not entirely sure if he only asked me to go with him as a friend or more. I've already said yes to him, but now I'm starting to reconsider, which is just extremely mean, I know. But I don't want him to think I have feelings for him when I don't.

I've tried talking to him about it, but everytime I bring up prom he gets really excited and keeps talking about how aweosme it is that I'm going to be there with him, and I don't have the heart to let him down.

And I already have my dress picked out.

Which to guy, may not seem that huge of a deal, but to a girl, it's a HUGE commitment.

Haha.

Help?

i understand if people don't wanna talk about their problems but sometimes i find it easier talking about my problems on here rather than people i actually know in person.

god, that's a bit of a problem Joy and i'd love to help out You'll Like Us's number one fan but i think it would be best getting advice from another girl.

yeah and i think Cheyenne will be the main person giving advice, she helped me to stop swearing! :]

Yeah like buy him something to eat and while he's eating he can't talk haha...

Or maybe a dummy will work :]

Okay seriously...it's quite a tough one really

It depends if he's a guy that likes being told the truth or not

If he does then just go ahead and say it...

If he doesn't be subtle and say you like someone else or something

Hmmm....yeah it's a girl problem haha, i have no idea

i understand if people don't wanna talk about their problems but sometimes i find it easier talking about my problems on here rather than people i actually know in person.

god, that's a bit of a problem Joy and i'd love to help out You'll Like Us's number one fan but i think it would be best getting advice from another girl.

yeah and i think Cheyenne will be the main person giving advice, she helped me to stop swearing! :]

How on Earth did she get you to stop swearing? I don't think anyone could do that to me.

I mean, I don't do it a lot but I do it enough to the point where I shouldn't.

How on Earth did she get you to stop swearing? I don't think anyone could do that to me.

I mean, I don't do it a lot but I do it enough to the point where I shouldn't.

she told me that everytime i felt like swearing i should say 'beep beep'. it sounds stupid but it worked and now i never swear, well i still do now and again but not as much as i used to lol.

i have a problem.............

it's to do with my love life as usual. i fell in love with this girl like 5 months ago, well about 6 weeks i asked her out, she turned me down. but i still like her, even though i know she doesn't feel the same so how can i get over her and move on?

• 1 month later...
Guest JadeIsRad
Okaay some advice required.

This is gonna be long and trust me it is very complicated. I feel like an idiot for even posting this.

There's a girl at work that I really like (sort of borderline "love"). But the thing is that she's 25. And has a 7 year old daughter. Her name's Gemma.

Now onto the back story. Where I work, we both started out as volunteers around June last year. Then we both applied for the same job - she got it ahead of me, but then I got another job that was going there. So we started working together in October. One day when we were talking, our manager jokingly said something along the lines of "what are you two love birds whispering about". That started a joke relationship where Gemma wanted to marry me. This went on until like Christmas time and we never thought anything of it.

Anyway, after Christmas she got a better paying job - still working at the same place and was out of the office way more, and was working out of another office. But the joke relationship thing stopped and we talked more. In about April time, they closed the office that she was working at and so she came back to work at the office I was at. Since then we've gotten closer, we have a laugh, talk about things, etc. But she's got a boyfriend - and they're always fighting. She's pretty certain he's been cheating on her, and she's been talking about leaving him for months now.

Now I don't know whether or not to try and take things "further" between us or not. It's complicated because of the age gap, the fact that she has a daughter and the fact that so much crap is happening in her life that I don't wanna look like an idiot and make things worse for her by trying to be more than friends.

^That's a cut down version of what's been going on. Thought I'd try and keep it short to keep people's attention.

Any advice would be appreciated =)

Aaahhh you already read stuff like this in magazines....but anyway;

In my opinion age shouldn't be a problem. If you like someone, just go for it. It doesn't matter what age they are. And like Brittany said, think about whether you would want to look after the child or not. Also, in my opinion, I think you should wait until they have split up or whatever because you don't want to make a move and put more pressure on her. Things will only get complicated if you go out with her while she's still 'attached' so to speak. I think you should let things settle for abit before doing anything, that way you and her can think about it and sort your heads out.

Yes I know, I'm crap at giving advice haha. And yes I know what you are going to say; "she's only 14, don't take advice from her! she don't know what she's talking about!" I have more sense that some 18 year olds around these days haha. And if you don't like me advice, don't take it =]

I think you should just be there for her as it seems she's hit a pretty rocky patch with her boyfriend. Don't push it just yet- being pushed too much out and then back into a relationship will do no one any good. Make sure she knows you care (even as a friend) and keep it that way.

Give it until all the stress that seems to be surrounding her to slow down a bit, if she leaves her boyfriend then again, be there for her and then maybe tell her how you feel when "the time is right" and such.

Also, a kid is a big commitment and you're still young- think about it before you jump into anything you're not ready for.

(:

I think the only thing that should stop you is the child.

Just think if you really want to take care of a child right now.

Good point. And I don't think I would to be honest...

Aaahhh you already read stuff like this in magazines....but anyway;

In my opinion age shouldn't be a problem. If you like someone, just go for it. It doesn't matter what age they are. And like Brittany said, think about whether you would want to look after the child or not. Also, in my opinion, I think you should wait until they have split up or whatever because you don't want to make a move and put more pressure on her. Things will only get complicated if you go out with her while she's still 'attached' so to speak. I think you should let things settle for abit before doing anything, that way you and her can think about it and sort your heads out.

Yes I know, I'm crap at giving advice haha. And yes I know what you are going to say; "she's only 14, don't take advice from her! she don't know what she's talking about!" I have more sense that some 18 year olds around these days haha. And if you don't like me advice, don't take it =]

Nah, that was some good advice. I'd have taken advice from anyone - whatever age.

I think you should just be there for her as it seems she's hit a pretty rocky patch with her boyfriend. Don't push it just yet- being pushed too much out and then back into a relationship will do no one any good. Make sure she knows you care (even as a friend) and keep it that way.

Give it until all the stress that seems to be surrounding her to slow down a bit, if she leaves her boyfriend then again, be there for her and then maybe tell her how you feel when "the time is right" and such.

Also, a kid is a big commitment and you're still young- think about it before you jump into anything you're not ready for.

(:

She knows I care about her already. And the thing is that she's with her boyfriend just for the money I think... cause she's low on money at the moment, and she's left him a few times before.

Anyway, thanks for the advice Brittany, Jade and Jorgi. I'm going to leave things how they are at the moment =)