The last thread

my main goal in posting what i have is to open other peoples minds.

i think whether or not forgiveness should be granted to the "offenders" (lol) should be a well thought out decision. not just "apology? great. accepted."

i want everyone to see a different perspective because so far its all been sunshine and lollipops for the rule breakers. uncomfortable, though it may have been, they still have gotten off extremely lightly.

i think that should be re-thought. if after uve thought about it u still decide to forgive them, great. more power to u. just think about it.

unless something else comes up in this thread, im pretty sure this will be my last post... unless something comes up. lol

alright. im gonna be honest here. this in no way is meant to be harsh or mean.

i would have to agree with just about everything AP [you like that huh? haha. im lazy] has said. this how i have felt as well but i didnt want to be the only person who felt this way and then everyone is thinking...'why wont this guy just give it up?'.

and i do question the sincerity here only because i dont believe that this would have all come about if diego hadnt ripped the file and jarrod wouldnt have made his thread. but i have already stated that so i dont expect any responses to that.

now what i would like a response from is this. diego broke a rule....he got kicked off staff. yall broke a rule....slap on the wrist. where is the fairness in that?

sorry i tried not to be too harsh. i guess it just happened :/ thanks for backing me up about diego :) i was worried ppl would attack me lol

haha no one is attacking you here. i just feel like i can be forgiving. for now anyways ya know. and i back anyone who has diego's side. thats the way it will always be.

A couple of things here...and I'm posting from my phone so I haven't digested everything so sorry if I miss something somewhere or something comes out wrong :/

First of all...I totally understand that not everyone can forgive us and that some people feel that there should be more ramifications...that's why I offered up my resignation to Ash...if she wants to accept it, she can. I honestly hope she doesn't, but I know that what I did was wrong and that carries consequences.

I agree with Jarrod about giving second chances..and not just because this is about me either. In fact, we've demonstrated that behavior as a staff before, with Diego...he posted about his reading of other members PMs, which was an invasion of privacy, whether it was justified in his eyes or not. We gave him another chance after that and did so again after he gave other people access to our FTP. In all these cases, I think Diego very well may have had good intentions...but his actions were still not totally aboveboard. With this video leak...and the fact that the posting was simply not legal and could have gotten this site and boards in a lot of trouble with the label (notice how aggressively links were being removed on YouTube), we simply felt we had to act...I know a lot of people disagree with us...and I know we're going to miss Diego like crazy...but it was a staff member posting material that was leaked and not legal...we didn't have the right or permission to be posting that.

None of that excuses what we did though. Glo and I are both sincerely sorry...but I understand if some people can't accept that...I really do. All I can do now is promise it will NEVER happen again and work as hard as I can to earn back the trust I've lost...and I know that may never happen...

I did post my apology to everyone before Diego posted his screenshots...but yeah...it did take Jarrod's post to push me there and me getting over my own stupid pride and realizing how awful and wrong I was...

I don't know what more to say other than how terribly sorry I am for everything. I want to work to rebuild this place now more than anything...I'll give it everything I have....but we can't do it without all of you...

We gave him another chance after that and did so again after he gave other people access to our FTP. ...

Well I am a person who doesnt like false accusations

That is 100% false. Colin and Hayleyp both the members with more power in paramore.org can confirm that.

Sorry but thats not true.

look, im sorry.. but i dont call multiple, long time, huge posters, staff members leaving "pulling through". its more like "barely scraping through". u guys said some nasty things. some really nasty things. and to have everybody forgive u after just saying a simple "im sorry" is ridiculous. it may be good enough for some people but it isnt for me. i think u abused ur power. the private forum combined with how much power in the paramore community u guys have (or think u have) made u believe that u could say whatever u want about "regular fans". what u did was not a confession. u cant confess to something thats already out there for everyone to see. yes, u acknowledged that what u had said was wrong - because it was - and u apologised. but the fact that y'all are getting praised for "coming clean" disgusts me. especially since u have already stated that had diego not "outed" u would never have apologised or "come clean". my guess is u would've kept bashing forum members. i dont doubt u were upset over the whole situation when u said what u did but u should not have blatantly insulted people supporting diego just because u were mad at him. that was just childish.

PF boardies are handling this in a very mature manner... but in my opinion this issue should not be excused or forgotten about.

diego broke a rule. he was kicked. (yeah, yeah... there was more to it bla bla)

u guys break a rule that may not have to do with the band but it has to do with every single member of this forum... nothing... and nothing will happen!

unfair and unjust.

i agree with that

you have brought up alot of points i never really thought about much

im beinging to rethink some things..

current standing with this all:

i agree with AP. to the fullest. i think everything done here is uncalled for and also that words were thrown around a bit with no real attempt at making it right. if it werent for regular guys like me and diego stepping up with this whole issue nothing would have been done. that being said i do still find it unfair...

however, i am also partial to this whole mess. i made the initial word after a lot of time to think about things. and when brent and gloria admitted their mistakes to the fullest (brent doing so even before knowing for sure if it was about him), i got a lot of respect back. that takes alot. when i first made the post i expected, deletion and nothing to be said by any of them. i expected them to act as if they did nothing wrong and run away and hide so to say.

but they didnt. i still have doubt in my head and it will stay there for God knows how long. i cant help that, and nobody on here should try to get past it. it should stick with ya. and if it ever comes up again, you best damn believe there won't be a third chance. i am a very firm believer in second chances cuz anyone can make a mistake once. but to make that mistake twice calls for mental retardation.

dont do it again.

and as for AP and Jack who are having alot of trouble finding the sincerity that is their own thing. nothing you can do about it, so just accept and move on... got it?!?! ok then.

in that sense i am open to everyone and anyone. just dont fuck around no more. and things will be A-OK for the most part at least.

Well I am a person who doesnt like false accusations

That is 100% false. Colin and Hayleyp both the members with more power in paramore.org can confirm that.

Sorry but thats not true.

Diego - I may actually be out of the loop on this one (and this is what I get from trying to write a long post like that on my phone) - I'm certainly not trying to make a false accusation, but that's what I thought you meant when you said you had HayleyP help you code the new layout...I remember there was some debate at the time about whether you had given her access to the FTP or not. I thought we had resolved that it had happened, but that it wouldn't happen again and we all moved on - but if I got that wrong (and it sounds like I absolutely did), I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to make a false accusation at all.

Jarrod - thanks again man for all your thoughtfulness on this. I don't know what else to do at this point...I feel like I could keep apologizing through the next month and it still wouldn't make up for what I did. I'd do absolutely anything to start to rebuild the trust here...and I'm going to keep working on that...I don't know exactly what I can do...but I'm going to try as hard as I can.

Of course, I want us to move on from this and figure out a way to go forward and keep this site focused on supporting the band and the friendships everyone has here...but I know trust has been breached and it's not going to repair itself instantly, if at all.

I don't know how to fix things though...other than to ask for everyone's forgiveness and a second chance. :(

Diego - I may actually be out of the loop on this one (and this is what I get from trying to write a long post like that on my phone) - I'm certainly not trying to make a false accusation, but that's what I thought you meant when you said you had HayleyP help you code the new layout...I remember there was some debate at the time about whether you had given her access to the FTP or not. I thought we had resolved that it had happened, but that it wouldn't happen again and we all moved on - but if I got that wrong (and it sounds like I absolutely did), I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to make a false accusation at all.

that is not quite true. As far as i remmeber i talked that with ashley.

Hayleyp never got any ftp info. The fact that she helped code the layout wouldnt make her need any passwords. The layout was originally made by vania and she coded it, and she didnt need any passwords....

To completely clear this up i will ask colin and hayleyp to confirm this. Just to clear the air. this was something i didnt do at all, so you cant put this in my "black list" I am sorry.

that is not quite true. As far as i remmeber i talked that with ashley.

Hayleyp never got any ftp info. The fact that she helped code the layout wouldnt make her need any passwords. The layout was originally made by vania and she coded it, and she didnt need any passwords....

To completely clear this up i will ask colin and hayleyp to confirm this. Just to clear the air. this was something i didnt do at all, so you cant put this in my "black list" I am sorry.

I don't need Colin or Hayleyp to confirm it - if you say it didn't happen, that's fine with me. Obviously, I was just mistaken in what I remembered and I'm really sorry about that - I wasn't trying to add another item to your "blacklist" by any means.

I don't need Colin or Hayleyp to confirm it - if you say it didn't happen, that's fine with me. Obviously, I was just mistaken in what I remembered and I'm really sorry about that - I wasn't trying to add another item to your "blacklist" by any means.

Its ok, I really dont want more problems. I came off rudely saying all this. I was just mad for getting that accusation, and you didnt know so its alright, no problem.

Sorry.

now what i would like a response from is this. diego broke a rule....he got kicked off staff. yall broke a rule....slap on the wrist. where is the fairness in that?

In this whole mess, I think both Brent and Gloria did the right thing and are doing their best to make it right. I understand why you think what you do. But just as I gave Diego several "second chances" for things I should have fired him for before that broke a ton of rules and trust, but I didn't, because I always tried to understand where he was coming from and I really thought he learned from those situations. I'm giving Brent and Gloria another chance. I've already talked to them about it and I still want them on staff, if they don't feel like they should be because of all of this or because they're just not forgiven by a lot of people or whatever... the choice is up to them to leave.

It's okay if you don't think that's fair, it's totally personal opinion and you're definitely entitled to it.

We won't be deleting the staff forum either. We need a place where we can discuss some things and we can't all be on AIM at the same time to talk about stuff so that's what the little forum is for. And I know that those few things were said in there, I really believe it won't happen again.

In this whole mess, I think both Brent and Gloria did the right thing and are doing their best to make it right. I understand why you think what you do. But just as I gave Diego several "second chances" for things I should have fired him for before that broke a ton of rules and trust, but I didn't, because I always tried to understand where he was coming from and I really thought he learned from those situations. I'm giving Brent and Gloria another chance. I've already talked to them about it and I still want them on staff, if they don't feel like they should be because of all of this or because they're just not forgiven by a lot of people or whatever... the choice is up to them to leave.

It's okay if you don't think that's fair, it's totally personal opinion and you're definitely entitled to it.

We won't be deleting the staff forum either. We need a place where we can discuss some things and we can't all be on AIM at the same time to talk about stuff so that's what the little forum is for. And I know that those few things were said in there, I really believe it won't happen again.

alright. i cant appreciate that.