Note on the Kerrang! article

Ok, so I just heard from the band about the Kerrang! article and they're going to be responding to it later today - I believe through a post in their Livejournal. So, look for that...I think they're just trying to find a spot with some internet access so they can post.

But, for the record, please don't get too worked up or upset about anything you read in the article. A lot of things are very badly misrepresented throughout the article...basically, anywhere you read something and think to yourself "that doesn't really sound like Paramore", you're right.

I'll let them go into more detail, but I just wanted to get that out there until they respond...this article is definitely a case of "don't believe everything you read."

To be honest, I had no idea what Hayley was like at all before today. So I picked up Kerrang and Rocksound (like I habitually do) and I noticed, "Oh, that hot chick from Paramore's on the cover." Whatever, I continue to read.

I've heard a couple of their songs, Misery Business particularly stands out, the others I'm not so overly fond of, and I had definately heard their material before and started to form my own opinion of them.

So I read the article.

LOL!

Yes, I laughed out loud. Why? Becuase I thought surely, that isnt right. That just sounds retarded, and she's too small and cute to be a piece of work like that.

I am amazed to be honest. Amused. Bemused. Bewildered. Interested.

How do editors and whatnot let crap like this come about?

When I first read it I was a bit uneasy and I knew something

wasn't right I just thought "they were probably just joking around"

but it just seemed as though kerrang tried to make hayley seem like

some sort of self obsessed rock star which I'm pretty sure she isn't

even though I've never met her myself. I sort of put it to the back

of my mind but then I went onto livejournal and realised that other people

were angry about this too. I've lost all my respect for kerrang.

I need to email them. Media distorting people. Especially Paramore.

How pissed would you be? You get excited to be on the cover on one of the UK's most famous music mags, and all then do is give a false and offensive view of the band?

I hope Kerrang! at least give a public apology.

I just emailed this to Kerrang:

I'm just writing to express my disgust at your Paramore interview, for many reasons. Firstly, you made out Hayley to be an absolute bitch, something which all Paramore fans already know is not true. Secondly, why the gay jibes at Zac and Jeremy? They're best friends, and after meeting them after the London show on May 30th, they were pretty freaked out by your assumptions. And finally, the references to Hayley and Josh having a "more than friendly" relationship. Even if they are, which Hayley stated is not true, it's something they clearly want to keep private and personal, so why expose it? The whole article, in my opinion, was bullshit and Hayley even took the time at the London show to inform us all "not to believe everything we read", so clearly it's not only the fans you have upset with your illusive and inconsiderate opinions. I mean, they take the time to do an interview for you, to be put on the cover so people will buy your magazine, and you just tear them down? Frankly, I think you're the arseholes, not Paramore.

Yeah they deserve it. Haha.

I'm just writing to express my disgust at your Paramore interview, for many reasons. Firstly, you made out Hayley to be an absolute bitch, something which all Paramore fans already know is not true. Secondly, why the gay jibes at Zac and Jeremy? They're best friends, and after meeting them after the London show on May 30th, they were pretty freaked out by your assumptions. And finally, the references to Hayley and Josh having a "more than friendly" relationship. Even if they are, which Hayley stated is not true, it's something they clearly want to keep private and personal, so why expose it? The whole article, in my opinion, was bullshit and Hayley even took the time at the London show to inform us all "not to believe everything we read", so clearly it's not only the fans you have upset with your illusive and inconsiderate opinions. I mean, they take the time to do an interview for you, to be put on the cover so people will buy your magazine, and you just tear them down? Frankly, I think you're the arseholes, not Paramore.

haha i love that,

man im so lazy i havent even finished reading it but the first couple of paragraphs are shit.

wtf?!

i don't get why kerrang did it.

that made me laugh