Wht really happened in the Kerrang! article?

the1

So...

You can't make up a WHOLE article like that. here must have been some truth at least. What do you think really happened?

I just simply can't imagine ayley acting like she did. I can perhaps see her saying, "Sorry, but I would rather wear this" but the fact they make her seem like an arrogant bossy bitch ("I want to look glamorous" "Stopping to look at her reflection") is something I just can't see happening.

And the way they talk about Hunter as though the band hate him. Did they even fire him? I thought that he left to fufill personal commtiments like marriage.

I also can't imagine the way they seem to make out that Hayley takess over everything. Having watched many vids of Paramore, I can't see this happening.

But if this is bullshit, what started it?? Is Hayley maybe really like that? (I doubt it, but do we really know?). Obviously people here have met her, so can give a more valid opinion than I can.

DISCUSS!

"Stopping to look at her reflection"

I can actually understand that part; after all, girls DO constantly stop to check themselves (i'm not a girl, but I know they do). and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, it just shows she cares how she looks... which most people, whether they admit it or not, do care how they look.

this was kerrang's response from when Sal e-mailed them:-

Hey

I'm really sorry the article wasn't to your taste. Though i must point out that it wasn't actually me who wrote it, i just happen to work for Kerrang! magazine. To be quite honest, i think you may have missed the point... The thing about journalism is that, ideally, its not biased by whoever the subject might be. Yes Paramore are a very popular band but why should that mean everything that's written about them should blow smoke up their arses? At the end of the day Tom Bryant wrote about what he saw, i highly doubt anything was fabricated and im sure everything written was observed at the interview.

Imagine how boring it would be if everyone kissed everyone elses arses?

And watch your language, your mum wouldn't be pleased.

I think he possibly took very small things and emphasized them.

Like, Hayley DOES do most of the talking in interviews.. we all know that. And often the singers of bands are seen as the bosses. And she probably did check her reflection (what girl doesn't? especially if you're doing a photoshoot..)

I think he just took small innocent things and tried to make something out of it.

I think he possibly took very small things and emphasized them.

Like, Hayley DOES do most of the talking in interviews.. we all know that. And often the singers of bands are seen as the bosses. And she probably did check her reflection (what girl doesn't? especially if you're doing a photoshoot..)

I think he just took small innocent things and tried to make something out of it.

I think that's exactly right...he took things that did happen and quotes that they said...and changed the context around them to fit the story he wanted to tell. It's really pretty easy to do...Hayley says she wants to wear something different, you blow it up into Hayley being image obsessed. The guys are sitting on the couch together, you blow it up into them acting like they're not straight. The band makes some comments on Hunter and the writer of the article (not the band) says he was fired. Josh writes on Hayley's shirt and you make it sound sexual (ick...that part creeps me out the most....writing that is just horrible, imo.)

That's why I prefer straight up interviews to articles like this...a writer can make a band out to be anything they want them to be just through selective quoting and the context they put around everything. If you just publish the interview, then you get to hear the band as they actually are.

And I've met them many times and they are NOT in any way the people they're made out to be in that article...they're so far from it, it's laughable. They're honestly four of the nicest people I've ever met in my life...so giving, caring, passionate about their MUSIC...they're great, great kids.

yeah i agree with Bec and Brent.

the article can't be COMPLEAT bullshit.i'm pretty sure the writer couldn't have made up any of the quotes.the article is just basically how then writer percieved paramore to be in my opinion.i've never read any of the other articles he has wrote.maybe he does like to stir stuff up or maybe paramore purely weren't "his type of people" so to say.i don't know you know.i mean i really don't think paramore are like that article made them out to be, at all!but i've read alot of people's opinions on this, those of paramore fans and those who are not and alot of people have made alot of good points,...but this whole article can't be purely bullshit.there is some truth in it in my opinion but its just been badly interperated and over exagurated.

I think it was a matter of them FINALLY get the whole band on the cover of Kerrang, and they wanted it to be perfect, so that's probably where the clothing stuff stemmed from. Like Brent said, the writer took their actions and comments out of context and made them fit into a story HE wanted to write. He made Hayley sound like she talks like Larry the cable guy, and all of us know her accent isn't that thick. The quotes and all that weren't made up, they were just twisted to fit the writer's story.

You never know, it could very well have all happened...

But it's the context that really matters...

Maybe Hayley's "I wanna look glamorous" was said in a joking tone and then like any other girl she checked herself in the mirror...

I'm over that Kerrang article. It was a bunch of BS, but whatever.

You never know, it could very well have all happened...

But it's the context that really matters...

Maybe Hayley's "I wanna look glamorous" was said in a joking tone and then like any other girl she checked herself in the mirror...

I'm over that Kerrang article. It was a bunch of BS, but whatever.

Nobody said the events/quotes were made up, but they were all taken out of context. When somebody talks for hours and you take 10 or 15 sentences out and base an article on it, you can make the people seem any way you like and manipulate events that occured.

Nobody said the events/quotes were made up, but they were all taken out of context. When somebody talks for hours and you take 10 or 15 sentences out and base an article on it, you can make the people seem any way you like and manipulate events that occured.

Oh yeah, I totally agree...

That's exactly what I was trying to say, actually...

I can actually understand that part; after all, girls DO constantly stop to check themselves (i'm not a girl, but I know they do). and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, it just shows she cares how she looks... which most people, whether they admit it or not, do care how they look.

True. I'm over obssessed with my look I suppose, but not in a "I'm so perfect" way, more of a "I want to look good" way e.g. I need to do my hair all the time lol.

• 2 weeks later...

So here is what I hear from the undeground about Kerrang:

They used only Hayleys picture in the last interview and that was all they wanted this time.

It seems Hayley and the band insisted on the BAND being on the cover and not just Hayley. They, for some reason thought that selling these craprag mags only wanted and needed Hayley and insisted on that. The band fought back and won.

This was Kerrangs way of getting revenge on teh decision and making it look like Paramore is not really a band. They would never admit to this bit it makles sense considering its a fake new music rag with a pack of long haired metal dinasoars running it. They are clueless and should be writing more about Dokken.

They used only Hayleys picture in the last interview and that was all they wanted this time.

It seems Hayley and the band insisted on the BAND being on the cover and not just Hayley. They, for some reason thought that selling these craprag mags only wanted and needed Hayley and insisted on that. The band fought back and won.

This was Kerrangs way of getting revenge on teh decision and making it look like Paramore is not really a band. They would never admit to this bit it makles sense considering its a fake new music rag with a pack of long haired metal dinasoars running it. They are clueless and should be writing more about Dokken.

wouldnt be surprised if this is true.

wouldnt be surprised if this is true.

that makes sense