Filipino fans unite!!

ninski

OMG I'm emo now! >_< I can't go see him. You need a ticket to go see him, and it's sold out. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'll try to get through this without crying. I've been a fan for over 4 years since I first started collecting comics. I've always loved the Sandman series even though people find it too dark. His unique characters and magical look on the world has inspired me to be a writer myself. I don't know if I'm any good. But if I had to pick one favorite book of his, it would be Neverwhere. Stardust is good, but you can tell this is when his style still isn't as refined as it is in Neverwhere. Anansi boys, though a great, funny book which I love profusely, is not exactly my cup of tea. It is as good as Neverwhere, but not as dark. I guess, that's the thing that tipped the scale for me.

^ it's not a matter of being "malakas" sa mods

if you want us to respect you, then treat us with respect.

if you're saying na naging "jologs" 'tong site na 'to nung dumami yung pinoy i-prove mo muna.

we don't care if you "discovered" paramore 2 years ago.

ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT WE LOVE&SUPPORT PARAMORE AND WE DON'T CARE WHO KNEW ABOUT IT FIRST!!IT'S NOT A MATTER OF SAYING THAT "HEY!I DISCOVERED THEM 2 YEARS AGO" IT'S A MATTER OF EXPRESSING OUR APPRECIATION FOR THE BAND

and you're saying that we should immediately reply to one's posts, that's crazy.

don't expect us to spend every minute of every day, posting here!

edi SORI!!! ano masaya ka na???

OMG I'm emo now! >_< I can't go see him. You need a ticket to go see him, and it's sold out. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'll try to get through this without crying. I've been a fan for over 4 years since I first started collecting comics. I've always loved the Sandman series even though people find it too dark. His unique characters and magical look on the world has inspired me to be a writer myself. I don't know if I'm any good. But if I had to pick one favorite book of his, it would be Neverwhere. Stardust is good, but you can tell this is when his style still isn't as refined as it is in Neverwhere. Anansi boys, though a great, funny book which I love profusely, is not exactly my cup of tea. It is as good as Neverwhere, but not as dark. I guess, that's the thing that tipped the scale for me.

take it easy, jozen...haha..okay lang yan..anyway, i like the sandman series. my uncle lent me his copy about eight years ago and i was hooked. since then i've been trying to complete the paper backs. Anyway, my most beloved work of his is the Marvel 1602. Im a big fan of marvel comics and when i learned of this, i immediately asked my uncle to get one for me. and i did!

Nina, beware of us geeks..haha ;p

kuya migs, know where we can grab a copy of Good Omens here sa Pinas?

and finally, my hot topic paramore shirt!!! bragging rights! hehehe :mrgreen:

Mmrs0091.jpg

Isn't there a new printing of that book? I remember seeing a new cover of it a few months back. But yeah, Good Omens is good. It made me laugh out loud as I read it.

I think they ran a new printing of it, parang white cover 'ata, 'di ko lang alam kung nailabas sa Pinas. The one I have kasi is the old 1990 printing eh. Pero galing talaga nun wit and humor nun, kaya sobrang battered na yun book ko eh, haha, paulet ulet ng nabasa.

dean: astig! You shipped it over? How much S&H? Must have cost a ton, pare.

dean: astig! You shipped it over? How much S&H? Must have cost a ton, pare.

haha! kuya migs, first of all, i did not ask for this shirt! haha! a classmate of mine actually gave it to me! she's fil-am and she's been living here sa Pinas since 2003 pa(kaya she wouldn't know paramore)..so anyway, the story is i was lending my paramore cd to my barkada and it so happened that she was standing behind us. she got a glimpse of the cd and right then and there i told her to check out the band because i know she would love it...then after listening to both AWKIF and Riot!, she went nuts! waaaah! then just before sembreak, she asked what i wanted from the states because she was going home for vacation..sabi ko "ha? uhmm..kahit ano na!" then ayun..she got back and handed me this shirt..weee! lucky me! :mrgreen:

grabe parang im missing out on the fun ah! i should go get a copy of Good Omens! meron ba sa fully booked nun, joven?

kuya migs, know where we can grab a copy of Good Omens here sa Pinas?

and finally, my hot topic paramore shirt!!! bragging rights! hehehe :mrgreen:

Mmrs0091.jpg

I'd be envious of the shirt, but I don't really buy current rock band shirts. I lean more to the oldies when it comes to rock shirts.

haha! kuya migs, first of all, i did not ask for this shirt! haha! a classmate of mine actually gave it to me! she's fil-am and she's been living here sa Pinas since 2003 pa(kaya she wouldn't know paramore)..so anyway, the story is i was lending my paramore cd to my barkada and it so happened that she was standing behind us. she got a glimpse of the cd and right then and there i told her to check out the band because i know she would love it...then after listening to both AWKIF and Riot!, she went nuts! waaaah! then just before sembreak, she asked what i wanted from the states because she was going home for vacation..sabi ko "ha? uhmm..kahit ano na!" then ayun..she got back and handed me this shirt..weee! lucky me! :mrgreen:

You're one lucky bastard, haha. You saved around $50 pare! The shirt is $20 (22 actually with the taxes), and S&H would have set you back another 15-25$ haha. Swerte. Is it a BayIsland shirt ba (Hot Topic prints their designs on various plain tees kasi)? If it is, pop it in the dryer (pero syempre wash it muna, haha) for a short while! Uurong ng onti pare! Ayos 'yun fit haha. That's what I do with most of my shirts, kasi american sizing is a lil different for u Flips eh. Their medium is okay with me with the width and all, pero medyo may problem with the length. So pag na dryer, maganda na tabas. Haha.

You're one lucky bastard, haha. You saved around $50 pare! The shirt is $20 (22 actually with the taxes), and S&H would have set you back another 15-25$ haha. Swerte. Is it a BayIsland shirt ba (Hot Topic prints their designs on various plain tees kasi)? If it is, pop it in the dryer (pero syempre wash it muna, haha) for a short while! Uurong ng onti pare! Ayos 'yun fit haha. That's what I do with most of my shirts, kasi american sizing is a lil different for u Flips eh. Their medium is okay with me with the width and all, pero medyo may problem with the length. So pag na dryer, maganda na tabas. Haha.

i am one lucky bastard indeed! haha! anyway, yep kuya migs..mine's printed on a BayIsland shirt and its a bit lengthy also. Thanks for the tip pero grabe...parang nakakatakot i-dryer yung shirt! I separate it from the laundry nga eh! so how long yung "sandali" sa dryer?

I'd be envious of the shirt, but I don't really buy current rock band shirts. I lean more to the oldies when it comes to rock shirts.

i understand what you mean, jozen.. the best pa rin yung oldies..but hey its paramore! we gotta stand out! hehe

^ Yup yup. When I got my Led Zepellin, I was so happy. Anyway I just found out that you could go to the Neil Gaiman thing even without a ticket; however, you will not be able to have anything signed. And it's been moved to Sunday and not Saturday. Any of you guys wanna come? haha

haha! but still!

still what???haha!:mrgreen:

if it wasn't for paramore, i wouldn't have this shirt..hehe

Yup yup. When I got my Led Zepellin, I was so happy. Anyway I just found out that you could go to the Neil Gaiman thing even without a ticket; however, you will not be able to have anything signed. And it's been moved to Sunday and not Saturday. Any of you guys wanna come? haha

i have old metallica, pantera, and the ramones shirts. some of them were given to me by my barkada's kuya. i tell you, he's a real old school rocker. he even gave me a wolfgang shirt! astig diba? :mrgreen:

Well, last week was eventful. I went to Poveda fair and variety show which was cool. Chicosci played and though I'm not their biggest fan, I can't ever doubt the fact that they are amazing live. I was also looking forward to Urbandub but missed them because I had other matters to attend to when they were playing. I only made it for Guillotine. That was Saturday. Sunday, I went to Serendra and saw Neil "f'ing" Gaiman. I even got a pre-signed copy of Expeditions, a collection of the winning stories from the contest which Neil funded.

• 2 weeks later...