Blender's Riot! Review

Parawhore815

Paramore

RIOT! 3 out of 5 stars

Hayley Williams is vengeance in size-5 Chucks. Tinier than most amps, the 18-year-old Paramore singer belts full-throated castigations that reduce commitment-phobic emo boys to quivering puddles of shame and eyeliner. Her Tennessee crew's second album isn's as charmingly precocious as the first; the rest of the band - two under 21 brothers and their bass-playing buddy - stay mostly in the background, offering serviceable pop-punk riffs but never outshining the star. When it comes to romance, Williams is a scrapper through and through: Nearly every song here is about holding on tight, not giving up, not taking no for an answer. "Why don't you stand up and be a man?" she pleads on the opening track - as much a taunt as a wish to understand. Clinging to hope like it's a barnacle, she's emo's version of Jennifer Hudson - "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going, LOL."

Josh Eells

DOWNLOAD: "Misery Business," "Crushcrushcrush"

JENNIFER HUDSON?!?! NO FUCKING WAY!!!!

• Like 1

everyone seems to be on the hayley fanwagon as i knew would eventually take place two yrs ago lmao.

ahhhh the future. so funny how i predict it sometimes. hehe

Maaannnnn any time there's a girl in a band that happens...

If the forecast ever gets bigger, i'm sure their bass player will get all the attention beacuse it's a chick, too...

Kenotia... Carly will end up "taking over"...

Basically any band with a female... Lame.