MTV Artist of the Week!

thebrowncoat

^^I know, I've had literally no joke--probably 50 people vote for them that I know of; who knows how many other people are doing the same thing.

I've kind of just given up on MTV. Most of the time I watch Self Serve or Number One Count. if I want to see Paramore because that's the only place I'll ever see them really[[besides this past week on MTV]]

yea exaclty, i watch fuse like like a crazy person now. every morning..when i see misery business i get so excited :D

now i have no use for watching mtv anymore

^^I know, seeing Paramore was the only reason why I even watched MTV to begin with last week & now that it's over...What's the point?

yeah, that is pretty annoying...I still think trl is rigged but I still vote anyway...i have to watch fuse to get my daily dose of paramore...oh, and on Tues. Paramore will be on SURS. I'm pretty sure it's a re-run but still worth watching:)

^^I think TRL is rigged too. The same people are always on there.

Oh, & I saw that to. I think it's going to be the one where they show Steven the recording process but hey, who knows, it could possibly be a new one...

here's a article talking about mtv's artist of the week from HDD via mtv:

I'll just post the Paramore parts here:)

The artists participating in the initiative represent a wide range, from new and emerging bands like Paramore, Team Facelift, Rodrigo Y Gabriela and Mark Ronson to more established acts like Kanye West, Foo Fighters and Nelly Furtado...

It is up to the individual artists to work with the on-air promotion team to create their segments based on their own unique interests, which have ranged from the group Paramore sitting around a campfire on a lake in Queens (!?) to wine enthusiasts Rodrigo Y Gabriela perched on apple crates in a winery giving a guitar tutorial....

Much of the material will have an online component at MTV.com.

“People are already responding to what’s happening on-air,” says Tina. “A great deal of the material will remain on the Web to create this rich musical experience that continues even after the week is done.”...

The results are already showing up in the real world. In the two days since Paramore’s appearance as an artist for the week began, their Web traffic has increased 50%, and digital album sales have gone from #33 to #9 on iTunes.

you can read the whole thing here http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news06775

It is up to the individual artists to work with the on-air promotion team to create their segments based on their own unique interests, which have ranged from the group Paramore sitting around a campfire on a lake in Queens (!?) to wine enthusiasts Rodrigo Y Gabriela perched on apple crates in a winery giving a guitar tutorial....

Queens, NY

i think it was flushing meadow park to be exact, dont quote me on that tho.

the artist of the week thing is just bugging me in general. it gets really old hearing the same stuff over and over again even with paramore some of it just got annoying cuz they replay like the same 5 commercails.

exept the staring contest one. AH that NEVER gets old to me. lol