i cant be the only one....

jtrosper

has anyone ever had a real good friend of the opposite sex for a really long time and then one day it hits you and realize...'o snap! i think i may be in love with this person.'?

well that is my dilemma and im not sure what to do. ive been family friends with her whole family for years and me and her always had a flirtatious chemistry but it never seemed to be anything more than that, but then one day it just hit me that i actually felt more than just friendship.

but of course she is dating someone else and they have been together for well over 2 years and they are in love which puts me a tough spot. i dont want to put myself out there and then everyone think that im trying to break them up or anything cuz i wouldnt want that at all. im friends with her boyfriend so i wouldnt want to do anything to ruin what they have. but i mean its my feelings here too and im not sure what the right thing to do is....

wow, that really is a difficult sitation. I have been in a similar situation before. So I understand completely. And my best friend was just in a situaion like this. Here's my advice. Don't rush things. It will be hard to hold the feelings you have inside, but if you rush anything it will mess things up. And just make sure you keep her friendship. It really is hard, but you may need to say something to her, but you may not. I don't know all the details of the situation. If you don't tell her then she may never know you are in love with her, and maybe if she knew she would come around, but if you didn't tell her and you just kept her friendship and later she realizes that you are the better guy, considering she's actually been able to friends with you for years and years, then maybe she'll want to be with you. It really is a hard decision. How old are you?

I think you should consider what her feelings are and if she's happy as she is now, so be it. They might not last forever, so you'll always have a chance. I'm not the kind of guy to purposely try to break my two friends up just to be with one of them, but I really don't know how bad you feel for her. Well, the bottom line for me is, if I really like someone, I want them to like me back as much as I do to them so if she does have feelings for you like you have for her, then I say give her a few nudges here and there and see what she thinks about it.

Sorry if I didn't really help you, but either way, best of luck!

I think you should consider what her feelings are and if she's happy as she is now, so be it. They might not last forever, so you'll always have a chance. I'm not the kind of guy to purposely try to break my two friends up just to be with one of them, but I really don't know how bad you feel for her. Well, the bottom line for me is, if I really like someone, I want them to like me back as much as I do to them so if she does have feelings for you like you have for her, then I say give her a few nudges here and there and see what she thinks about it.

Sorry if I didn't really help you, but either way, best of luck!

thats exactly how i feel.

If she's happy in her relationship, I definitely wouldn't push it, because it will not end well. Just keep a good relationship with her and then if things do go south with the bf, be there for her, but don't push into a relationship then. If things are meant to happen they will. I feel like sometimes life is a mess and we feel like we're losing control, but eventually everything falls into place and the goods things come to us. It really sucks because your feelings might get hurt, but just don't get your heart set on her. Keep an open mind that there is probably somebody else out there just as good who is single.

this really is a bummer man....my 2 cents....I dunno how much she loves her "boyfriend" but from reading what you written...Im wondering why yall have never even dated...are should be a perfect match considering you have been friends for so long you could prolly read each other from the back of your hand...I dunno man I think you have a chance...but I would just hold back...if your like me lol you can always predict when somebody will break up or if they are going to at some point in time down the road...if they break up....give it time and let her get back up on her feet,....be there for her if they break up...and then introduce the sitution you had been having to her...you never know man yall could end up dating...hope i helped in somewhat of a way

Sometimes friends should stay friends but sometimes its ok to go for more but i guess its always difficult to take it to the next level ... so i dont know what to do you probably should listen to other people on this ;)

this really is a bummer man....my 2 cents....I dunno how much she loves her "boyfriend" but from reading what you written...Im wondering why yall have never even dated...are should be a perfect match considering you have been friends for so long you could prolly read each other from the back of your hand...I dunno man I think you have a chance...but I would just hold back...if your like me lol you can always predict when somebody will break up or if they are going to at some point in time down the road...if they break up....give it time and let her get back up on her feet,....be there for her if they break up...and then introduce the sitution you had been having to her...you never know man yall could end up dating...hope i helped in somewhat of a way

yeah thats whats crazy is that i really never even thought of that until recently.

has anyone ever had a real good friend of the opposite sex for a really long time and then one day it hits you and realize...'o snap! i think i may be in love with this person.'?

well that is my dilemma and im not sure what to do. ive been family friends with her whole family for years and me and her always had a flirtatious chemistry but it never seemed to be anything more than that, but then one day it just hit me that i actually felt more than just friendship.

but of course she is dating someone else and they have been together for well over 2 years and they are in love which puts me a tough spot. i dont want to put myself out there and then everyone think that im trying to break them up or anything cuz i wouldnt want that at all. im friends with her boyfriend so i wouldnt want to do anything to ruin what they have. but i mean its my feelings here too and im not sure what the right thing to do is....

This is ridiculous I am in the exact situation detail for detail basically.

oh wow that is really complicated.

but yeah. i def get what you're feeling.

a similar thing is happening to me right now

and i dont really know what to do as well.

like for me, the guy and i both found out that

we liked each other for the same amount of time but

neither of us really said anything. i finally told him

that maybe we should take our relationship as more than

a friendship but he told me that he moved on and started dating

this other girl. [now they're together]

and the one thing i def regret was not saying something in the

first place. if i said something a week, a month, or even a year before

maybe things woulda turned out differently. thats usually what i say to

people when they're in that position. to take a chance. cuz you truly dont

know what the outcome will be. but since your friends with her bf and friends with her...it makes

things verry complicated. =/

but if it was me...i'd just say wait it out. see what happens later on?

im no expert at all with love...i havent even gotten a boyfriend yet xD but this is a typical case with LOVE 101 xD

Ill be serious now...

Just tell ur friend how you think u feel, he'll probably get angry, be mean, or maybe even laugh, but it's the thought of him knowing u told him first.

After you tell him, tell ur other friend.. she'll understand, and you never know she might like you back :D

but one thing you never EVER do is ask someone to find out if she does

That's the worst idea in the world. She'll get the hint that u like her...and that's pretty...weak since you seem scared to ask her urself xP

haha i hope ur lovematch works out dude =]

My problem is that I wouldn't want it to ruin our friendship or anything if I told her how i felt, it seems it would make things weird anytime we hung out then.

yeahh thats what i was so scared of. thats why i held out for three years before telling the person i like[d]. but like i said. he turned out to like me back as well..but the timing was just too late.

but if you're in a position where the girl/boy doesnt have anyone. then def go for it. cuz you truly will regret it in the future. i know i did.