Hayley's Voice Problems

gloria_fades

I think if she doesn't want to damage her voice even more she should stop forcing herself to hit those unbelievably high notes.Many perfestional singers l don't need to force themselves to hit those high notes,most can do it without forcing it.Thats just my opinion on the matter anyone else can express theirs.

She hasn't been wreckless... At least, I can't recall that she has. Every singer has the potential of damaging their voice by oversinging-- like singing every night for an extended period (i.e. touring). It's not just Hayley. She seems like she knows what she's doing though: she rests her voice for the shows, she drinks tea, she warms up, she breathes properly, and she sings from her diaphram... She doesn't have a head voice and she doesn't sing from her throat-- if she did, I'd be more concerned about her vocal chords.

And sometimes she just has a cold. I know Sherri from Eisley got this one massive cold on Final Noise tour and had to watch her voice during I Wasn't Prepared (an insanely high key song during the chorus). She had the crowd help her out. It's bad luck that musicians get colds on tour...

As far as I know, her voice is in good shape right now...and she knows how to take care of herself, as noted above.

And yeah - they do cut certain songs if her throat/voice is bothering her...

There was a feature on this in AP a few months ago - and again, as said above, it's not just Hayley. Anyone who sings every night has to take very good care of their voice and be very careful with it. They talked to a bunch of lead singers about how they care for themselves out on the road and it's amazing what they go through to make sure they can come out and sing every night.

yeah, anyone who sings as much as hayley is going to have a problems from time to time.

however, it think it wouldnt do her any harm to go into her head voice once in a while. if not, she could effect how long her killer voice will last. still, im sure she knows what she is doing - and i dont think she "forces" notes on her throat as such, i think thats just how she sings.

i mate once told me she drinks something to soften her throat (dunno what, something medicated i would think), but thats pretty daunting...

^Exactly, so they have her health in mind.

Plus, I think it shows maturity in Hayley to say, "Hey, tonight my voice is a little fragile, so we're probably gonna need to cut a few songs." Many performers tend to force it (and then they really mess up their vocal chords), but she obviously isn't, which is very smart and mature.

yeah, anyone who sings as much as hayley is going to have a problems from time to time.

however, it think it wouldnt do her any harm to go into her head voice once in a while. if not, she could effect how long her killer voice will last. still, im sure she knows what she is doing - and i dont think she "forces" notes on her throat as such, i think thats just how she sings.

i mate once told me she drinks something to soften her throat (dunno what, something medicated i would think), but thats pretty daunting...

alot of people use organe juice...to help thier voice and softin it up..

the man speaks ... ;)

haha lol...yeah....i wish :)

she does drink some sort of tea before most shows, i think...i'm not sure exactly what it is, but it seems to help her.

I relate to Hayley in this matter.

I always have people telling me "Quit forcing yourself to hit those high notes, you can't do that!" Well obviously, I just did. :roll:

Singing high is fun. I'm sure Hayley feels the same. When you hit a high note just right, it feel so cool inside that you're able to do that.

And like she said herself, she doesn't like to 'save' her voice for certain shows, even though sometimes she might have to.

I believe there is no limitation when it comes to singing. If there's a will, there's a way, and she's gonna sing that high cause she wants to!

More power to her! :D