Paramore :)

"Stop grieving over the fact that some kid at your school that doesn't dress like you and gets more dates than you do likes Say Anything or Paramour or My Chem or whoever--- and listen to the music"

ha that was Chris Carabba from Dashboard Confessional sharing his view on fans that call their "favorite" bands sell outs as soon as they make it big....haha i thought it was funny....and yes..i know he spelled paramore wrong

i'm torn about how i feel when a band i love makes it big. its really good for them that they got that far, but i cant stand when a band gets big, cause then you get all the people going "OH MY GAWD [insert band here's newest single] IS THE BEST SONG ON EARTH!!" then a week later denying the fact they liked that song.

well i sorta agree with what he is saying.

but for me selling out doesnt mean making

it big, being all over mtv or the radio and having

a bigger fan base..

in my opinion selling out would be if the band

starts to play a comletely new sound/style of music

just so they can please their "growing fans"

and sell more records in that "mainstream scene"

I don't really like Dashboard but that statement makes Chris Carabba awesome! We had a discussion about this in my songwriting class today. If the music sounds good, just listen to it. Just because a band goes mainstream doesn't make them any less of a musician.

he is right

but will it stop me from being a little weirded out by it? no haha

well...I mean I don't call them sell outs but the change is a little weird...not upsetting but weird.

i agree with you.

its not that its not a bad thing that paramore & other bands make it big, its more the fact that they become the next big thing, get aload of fans who'll like them for about 6 months then move onto the next big thing.hmm i dunno.i just get a bit annoyed when people i know decide they like paramore because i know in a few months they will have forgotten all about them.

i agree, if your a true fan, you wont stop listneing to them cause they sold out.

really?

for me its different. cuz if a band sells out.

then it means that they care more about the fame and money.

its not about just the fans anymore or

doing this music thing because its their passion.

sell out bands just want to please others rather

than themselves. =/