VOTE for Your Favorite Fall Tour T-Shirt Design!

goonjstsayit

hey guys, dunno if this was already posted...i tried searching but nada.

anyways. a bulletin was posted on myspace where you can vote for the fall tour shirt design that you like best! there are two! (this is how we dance! or crush crush crush)

http://bulletins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=bulletin.read&messageID=4530230432&MyToken=d0a567fb-9358-40b3-b123-77c067a715ae

by the way, its only up for a day!

haha I don't think they're sellouts just yet but I'm afraid they will very soon

they say they're not sellouts but when you're on MTV and stuff and everyone is like OMG HAYLEY IS SO HOT without even knowing the rest of their music then I don't know what sellouts is..

well it happens to any big bands I guess, the most disappointed part in all this is that they stopped meeting fans after shows, they just run away. I can understand it but gosh, even for 1 second talking with the fans or hang out with the crowd a bit?

Ugh I hate when bands "sell out"

i dont think they have become sell outs one bit, just because they made a new record and ended up having that one song that makes a band become famous and popular you cant really do anything about it. i use to feel akward and stuff about this, but i finally came to my senses and realized that they have always had the most potential of any young band i have ever heard and eventually they would get heard of and everyone would fall in love with them dont get me wrong..it upsets me that they cant hang out after shows and stuff but idk its just really hard to deal with and were all gonna have to get use to it eventually...i think they will always remain down to earth, they are the sweetest people i have ever met.

oh and i just looking at their older pics and what they look like now it really gets me kinda emotional to think how far they have come in the past few years..just because they have matured and have a new style? i guess doesnt mean they have changed on the inside they are always gonna love their fans and try to hang out with them no matter what, but with them becoming bigger it comes with its disadvantages of not being able to hang out after every show

EDIT: sorry i skipped around..that may have been a little confusing..

anyway i like the crushx3 one better.

they say they're not sellouts but when you're on MTV and stuff and everyone is like OMG HAYLEY IS SO HOT without even knowing the rest of their music then I don't know what sellouts is..

well it happens to any big bands I guess, the most disappointed part in all this is that they stopped meeting fans after shows, they just run away. I can understand it but gosh, even for 1 second talking with the fans or hang out with the crowd a bit?

i think selling out has more to do with the band, not the fans. it's not their fault if the fans see them as a pretty face and nothing more. selling out is more like doing anything for some extra money. and when the band loses all connections with the fans, doesn't have signings/meet and greets/etc. to try and talk with some of the fans and just thinks of themselves over everything else.

Originally Posted by Chesh

yeah..

they didnt stop after the portsmouth show either..

i waited in the freezing cold for an hour and a half.

only for them to run to their bus.

But then again, if you were tired/upset/whatever they were feeling thats not very sociable,

would you want to get straight onto the bus, or hang out with your fans, knowing that there is a slight possibility that you could do/say something you regretted? :)

i was well not happy though :(

but i met This Providence & Lost Alone after the show. :)

They're great!

Still talk to them now !

i dont think they have become sell outs one bit, just because they made a new record and ended up having that one song that makes a band become famous and popular you cant really do anything about it. i use to feel akward and stuff about this, but i finally came to my senses and realized that they have always had the most potential of any young band i have ever heard and eventually they would get heard of and everyone would fall in love with them dont get me wrong..it upsets me that they cant hang out after shows and stuff but idk its just really hard to deal with and were all gonna have to get use to it eventually...i think they will always remain down to earth, they are the sweetest people i have ever met.

oh and i just looking at their older pics and what they look like now it really gets me kinda emotional to think how far they have come in the past few years..just because they have matured and have a new style? i guess doesnt mean they have changed on the inside they are always gonna love their fans and try to hang out with them no matter what, but with them becoming bigger it comes with its disadvantages of not being able to hang out after every show

EDIT: sorry i skipped around..that may have been a little confusing..

anyway i like the crushx3 one better.

I agree. Amen to that!

If they just run off to their bus after the show in November I'm gunna be pissed. Even if they dont talk to me, they should say hi to the fans. How does a band become big? The fans. Its like their duty to atleast say hi or take a picture.

Thats how I feel.

Even Killswitch Engage, as big as they are, came out and greeted fans. Last November Joel and Adam came out while they were setting up and said hi to the people waiting in line, and took some pictures. Joel's an awesome dude!

And why would that be? I'm not necessarily saying its their fault and they're not really sell outs YET, but all this new merch is hinting that the label is looking to make more moolah.

Either way I love and respect them, and I'll always be a fan of their music. I guess its just that lately with all the new "fans" they've been getting it just seems different.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say they "love' a band yet they only know a few songs and nothing aout the band.

/rant

haha...a lot of this is way off topic for this thread, but I wanted to respond to a couple of things anyway...definitely don't take this the wrong way - I hope I don't come off wrong with what I'm saying...

Bands make very little on record sales and don't even make that much on touring in a lot of cases. Merch sales are a huge part of their income, so honestly, if they can sell a lot of merch, great for them - that's where their money is coming from.

I don't see merch as selling out - even the smallest indie bands I've gone to see have had 5, 6, 7 t-shirts at shows because they're cheap to produce and they make all their money off of that...

You sell out (imo) if you change who you are or your music not because your artistic impulses are pushing you that way, but solely because you want to be popular, sell more records, etc. I don't see any evidence that that's happened at all with Paramore. Just becoming more popular doesn't make you a sellout in my opinion - in fact, with Paramore, it means that, for once, people are discovering a GREAT band that's making GREAT music. That's awesome :)

If they just run off to their bus after the show in November I'm gunna be pissed. Even if they dont talk to me, they should say hi to the fans. How does a band become big? The fans. Its like their duty to atleast say hi or take a picture.

Thats how I feel.

Even Killswitch Engage, as big as they are, came out and greeted fans. Last November Joel and Adam came out while they were setting up and said hi to the people waiting in line, and took some pictures. Joel's an awesome dude!

See, I don't really agree with this - it's not their duty to hang out with fans...it's their job/duty to play a great show. That's what everyone who bought a ticket is paying to see. Everything beyond that is really cool and fun and awesome if they have time to do it or if they're feeling well and want to hang out for awhile...but it's not their job. Their job is to make sure they go out and play a great show every night.

And while it might seem as simple as stopping for 5 minutes to take a picture or say hi, it's never that easy. Someone's always disappointed and I've seen a crowd of 5 or 10 people turn into 50 the minute the band shows up outside a venue to take a few pictures or hang out for a bit...and then an hour and a half later, they're still there and people are still coming up to them...

It's such a tough balancing act for them...