The Jonas Brothers

hardcore_ashlyn

OHHHHHHHHHHH! okay haha.

i know that made me mad

RELIGION IS NOT A TREND! so if you are religious dont act like you did it 1st like a fashion trend!

Exactly, that and Scientology have lost any credibility they may have had because of the volume of 'celebs' who proclaim to be members of the religion. In my eyes anyway.

I'm roman catholic but I dont wear a crucifix around my neck.

My dad has one tho. I dont really kno what they're for but mostly guys wear them for some reason.

So would you say that "I think its just fine to be a virgin til marriage but you dont need to show it off in a ring." applies to Catholics wearing crucifixes? Again, if you don't wish to answer you don't have too, I just wanted to see where else that sentence could be applied.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw you answered above. :)

Exactly, that and Scientology have lost any credibility they may have had because of the volume of 'celebs' who proclaim to be members of the religion. In my eyes anyway.

So would you say that "I think its just fine to be a virgin til marriage but you dont need to show it off in a ring." applies to Catholics wearing crucifixes? Again, if you don't wish to answer you don't have too, I just wanted to see where else that sentence could be applied.

I dont believe so?

I was just saying like you dont need to show the world an accessory to show that you will be a virgin until marriage. You can remind yourself that, a ring doesn't need to help you with remembering that.

I think my dad wears a crucifix to show that he believes in god.

I dont believe so?

I was just saying like you dont need to show the world an accessory to show that you will be a virgin until marriage. You can remind yourself that, a ring doesn't need to help you with remembering that.

I think my dad wears a crucifix to show that he believes in god.

Right okay, fair enough. I can deal with that answer :) haha

Thank you for answering!

Hey guys, dont wanna be a Debbie Downer, but can we get back to the topic of this thread? Yes I'm aware that purity rings have some relavance to the JBs but seriously, I think we need to get back to what this thread is really about... their music.

They're going to be on Ellen today because it was pushed back from yesterday because of the US Open, I'm pretty excited to see them perform... probably Lovebug. Lovebug is one of my favorites off the new album and I think they sound awesome when they perform it live.

hmm. I guess you could possibley where a crucifix around your neck. I think it would seem more apropriate cause no one knows its there except for you.

It so annoying to hear celebs say WELL I GOT MY CHASTITY RING WHEN I WAS 12 AND IVE KEPT MY PROMISE EVER SINCE and blah blah blah.

STFU!! Being religious doesn't have to be shown thro a ring or anything

being religious isn't a fashion

being religious is not a trend

being religious should be something that you believe in with all your heart and you dont have to show it off to the whole world.

I 100% agree with you. Anyways since this is my first time posting in this thread I'm not a huge fan of the Jonas Brothers. I may watch them on Ellen later though since I love that show.

• Like 1

Guest JadeIsRad

They don't ear purity rings to 'show off' they wear them to remind themselves of their promise and to symbolise their beliefs. They don't have to wear them, they choose to.

:/

yes. honestly if the jb wants to wear purity rings. let them, it's their own personal choice and it doesnt affect you, so why care so much about it? if you dont like it, then dont look at it...simple as that. i think its the public who make it a big deal...not the jonas brothers themselves....even when they are asked in interviews about it, they say it's a private matter.

but yeah, anyways to get back on topic...they did really well yesterday at ellen...their dances were adorable...and i liked joe's "string shoe" move.

=)

They don't ear purity rings to 'show off' they wear them to remind themselves of their promise and to symbolise their beliefs. They don't have to wear them, they choose to.

:/

i mean its ok to do that but i dont think they need to wear a ring to remind themselves of their promises. i think they should kno their promises because this is something theyre willing to do for god and you should always kno of this promise to themselves because a ring wont do shit for that i mean you could have sex with the ring on. the ring doesnt need to be there if youre willing to make that promise to god

Okay we get it, you dont see the point, whatever. Can we just call it old news and get over it? The Jonas Brothers wear them, other people wear them, people have been wearing them before the Jonas Brothers started to wear them. They're just something that some people like. Goodness, this thread has gotten so freaking ridiculous.

I enjoyed Ellen today. I agree with you Kristine, Joe's "string shoe" move was awesome. I think I'm gonna start doing that now.

haha i know.

like ellen...im gonna steal that move from him! lol

oh and it was funny too with obama's daughter...when they showed a clip

of her mom saying i have a surprise for you and she automatically says "jonas brothers?"

hahaha

oh and it was funny too with obama's daughter...when they showed a clip

of her mom saying i have a surprise for you and she automatically says "jonas brothers?"

hahaha

That seriously made me laugh so hard.

I thought it was really cute how Joe kinda started blushing when Ellen mentioned Taylor Swift. They just seem like such a bizarre couple though. Dont get me wrong, I love Taylor, but I honestly dont think they look good together. But if they're happy, more power to them.

Okay we get it, you dont see the point, whatever. Can we just call it old news and get over it? The Jonas Brothers wear them, other people wear them, people have been wearing them before the Jonas Brothers started to wear them. They're just something that some people like. Goodness, this thread has gotten so freaking ridiculous.

I enjoyed Ellen today. I agree with you Kristine, Joe's "string shoe" move was awesome. I think I'm gonna start doing that now.

um im sorry but i had to say something.

that was just rude.

i wasnt aiming this at the jonas brothers

i was just saying i dont think they need to flaunt an accessory to show their promise to god.

i obviously kno what the fucking promise ring is for im not stupid, i just dont think its nessisary<>sp?

but you can wear it if you want.

but being religious shouldnt be shown thro a ring thats just my opinion tho.

um im sorry but i had to say something.

that was just rude.

i wasnt aiming this at the jonas brothers

i was just saying i dont think they need to flaunt an accessory to show their promise to god.

i obviously kno what the fucking promise ring is for im not stupid, i just dont think its nessisary<>sp?

but you can wear it if you want.

but being religious shouldnt be shown thro a ring thats just my opinion tho.

Okay, yes, what I said was rude, I'm sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent. However, they're not flaunting them. Actually, they get really upset when people bring it up in interviews and stuff because its a personal dicision they've made and they dont think people should be making a big deal out of it. Obviously people have very different views on them and thats cool. I personally have the same beliefs as the Jonas Brothers so I think their choice to wear the rings is cool, they arent necessary, but it is an outward expession of their beliefs. A way to display the things that they will stand up for and where their priorities are in life.

Okay, yes, what I said was rude, I'm sorry if I offended you. That was not my intent. However, they're not flaunting them. Actually, they get really upset when people bring it up in interviews and stuff because its a personal dicision they've made and they dont think people should be making a big deal out of it. Obviously people have very different views on them and thats cool. I personally have the same beliefs as the Jonas Brothers so I think their choice to wear the rings is cool, they arent necessary, but it is an outward expession of their beliefs. A way to display the things that they will stand up for and where their priorities are in life.

If you don't mind me continuing this,

If the ring is a medium to display their ability to stand up for their morals and beliefs, then why would they get "upset" when questions are asked. I understand it is a personal matter and they are not at any liberty to discuss them. But surely if you are wearing the ring to show your strength for your belief then dealing with these questions should not only be part and parcel with wearing the ring but should mean that you should be prepared to answer questions on them as well?

Again, if you have a problem with me continuing this, I wholly understand and will be cool with it. :)

No, I dont have a problem. They actually get upset because when they've explained it time and time agian. When they first started wearing them they were very open about talking about it, they actually jumped at the chance to discuss it, but now since they've told the story many times, to the same people might I add, they kinda get upset because they figured people already know the story and that the press is just using it as a ploy. They dont like their decision being used as a publicity stunt.

i wasnt exactly pointing this to the jonas brothers

i was just saying people who talk about them like every single second of the day and show them off to the world (im not saying the jonas brothers do this) annoy me. i think if youre willing to do this for god then you dont need to wear a ring to show it.

i think you should keep it to yourself

cause way back when we didnt have rings to show that, it wasnt necessary.

No, I dont have a problem. They actually get upset because when they've explained it time and time agian. When they first started wearing them they were very open about talking about it, they actually jumped at the chance to discuss it, but now since they've told the story many times, to the same people might I add, they kinda get upset because they figured people already know the story and that the press is just using it as a ploy. They dont like their decision being used as a publicity stunt.

well why dont they subsitute their rings for crucifixes around their necks cause they dont have to display them so much they can just keep them under their clothes

and techniqually no one would kno that its for that cause a lot of people wear crosses, and no one would ask them about it either so they wouldnt get annoyed

well why dont they subsitute their rings for crucifixes around their necks cause they dont have to desplay them so much they can just keep them under their clothes

and techniqually no one would kno that its for that cause a lot of people wear crosses, and no one would ask them about it either

Cause they aren't purity crucifixes, are they? ;-)

I know what you are getting at though, and I agree with you. But purity rings do, at least, show the purpose if you get me. It's identifiable in that sense. The problem with wearing a crucifix is that it is commonly associated with someone of the Roman Catholic faith. Imagine they do substitute the rings for crucifixes:

Person: "What's that?"

JB: "A crucifix"

Person: "Oh, so you're catholic"

JB: "No, it's to show that I won't have pre-marital sex."

Person: "Oh. Isn't that what those rings are for though?"

You see where I'm going with this? Changing from a ring to a crucifix will bring a whole new world of problems upon them/

Cause they aren't purity crucifixes, are they? ;-)

I know what you are getting at though, and I agree with you. But purity rings do, at least, show the purpose if you get me. It's identifiable in that sense. The problem with wearing a crucifix is that it is commonly associated with someone of the Roman Catholic faith. Imagine they do substitute the rings for crucifixes:

Person: "What's that?"

JB: "A crucifix"

Person: "Oh, so you're catholic"

JB: "No, it's to show that I won't have pre-marital sex."

Person: "Oh. Isn't that what those rings are for though?"

You see where I'm going with this? Changing from a ring to a crucifix will bring a whole new world of problems upon them/

yeah i no i was just saying.

they probably shouldnt get rid of the rings now cause everyone knows about them and theyll probably think theyve given up on that promise if you kno what im saying. haha