The Jonas Brothers

hardcore_ashlyn

Guest JadeIsRad
QFT.

It's ok, you'll probably grow out of them, eventually. Their target audience are pre-teens and young adolescents, neither can really be expected to look into music very deeply. That takes time.

Ok I didn't think I could be more insulted than the last thing you said but alas I am.

Everything you just said was wrong... so, so wrong.

You can hear their skill (Or lack there-of) on their instruments as plain as day, I've heared more bands that have more talent than them than I've heared with less talent. Even MCR have more talent than them. Even Fallout Boy...

They're as fake as, too, though, they pretend to care about stuff other than the money and having 14 year old girls screaming over them, they pretend to care about their fans as fans, and not as the main source of their moneys... Just like everything else Disney.

I bet they got beaten up a lot in school, y'gotta be a laughing stock to make "music" like their's. Hell, if I was in school with 'em, I'd beat 'em up.

Oh,Really?

This will probably be my last post in this thread until all this non-sense stops.

I don't want to start anything, or argue, I'm a nice person and normally get along with everyone. But some of you are starting to really push me.

They have more talent, Sincereness and over all abilities than half of today's acts. I don't care if you like them, I'm not asking you to. All I'm saying is that you seriously can't sit there and tell me they have no talent. If you do it's for one of two reasons a) you're lying or B) you have no taste in music. Rather you like them of their style of music is irrelevant to whether they're musically inclined or not. Seriously, how many of today's bands/artists can say that they been on broadway, done solo work, had #1 songs, albums, videos, one of the biggest movies in history, and a huge show, all while fighting a dibilatating disease all by the ages of 15, 18, and 20? Very few.

They've accomplished more and made more $$ in their short few years than most of the bands/acts now will ever do in their entire lives! It's obvious they're not in it just for the cash, b/c let's face it, with the profits they've made they could quit making music this second and have enough to live on until they die.

And saying stuff about them b/c they're affiliated with Disney is the lamest thing I've ever heard.They were a band way before Disney had ever even heard of them. I could list a million popular bands that I hate, but I wouldn't say they're untalented. So lay off! If you don't like them, fine. Noone is asking you to be a fan. Just respect us as fans, and human beings!

And they're not fake. I've met them several times, and they're some of the nicest people ever. They treat the fans like anybody else. And they did not get beat up in school, they went to christian school.

You don't see us spamming up other threads saying crap about the music you listen to.

And this was not directed at just your comments, but others as well.

I was wondering how long it'd be before you posted in this thread lol

By the way, totally off topic but how do you say your name. Is it like French? Sang-weee-isss?

People like different genres/bands/artists - everyone has their own opinion (and they are entitled to it) but I say don't bother trying to change people's opinions when they aren't going to be able to be changed. I mean I think certain bands are wank but I don't go telling everyone how crap they are and comparing them to the almighty John Petrucci~! Especially since if people like stuff like the Jonas Brothers, then they aren't going to like Dream Theater, Lamb of God or Dragonforce (just examples).

thank you for being respectful.

and btw, I would go see those bands and I like the jonas brothers. That's because I'm open minded and like all types of music.

if you dont happen to like the jonas brothers it doesnt mean that you have no taste in music.

and they have diabetes, you wont die from that off the bat. i dont think its a deadly disese.

wanna here some bands that are true idols?

ive got some for yah

the lead singer of circa survive was in multiple bands, he is catholic, and he was addicted to heroine and all that shit. but he got himself together went to rehab and look at him now! hes in circa and his solo album came out last month

the lead singer of jacks mannequin was in two bands, while making a cd for jacks manequin he was diagnosed(sp?) with lukemia. he made it through and hes sophmore cd is coming out soon.

there has been bands that have delt with a lot more shit than the jonas brothers have

and im sorry but i just had to say this.

Disney sees an amateur band that a lot of kids like. They don't have to have talent, becuase kids aren't usually too good at recognising talent in musicians, they just have to have an image, a group of however many brothers, fairly attractive, and Disney has the money to paste their faces and music everwhere. It's like making money and advertising at the same time. In the end, people think that because they're everywhere that they must be talented musicians. Eventually, it becomes fashion to like them. That's how they get their popularity, that's how they get their money, not through having talent. Through looks and image and being backed by the biggest corporation out there, who, no doubt, promised them fame and money, if they'd only bend to their will. Talent isn't about how much money you can make.

Seriously, get their guitarist to have a solo duel with Petrucci, get their percussionist to have a duel with Mike Portnoy, get their vocalist to try and sing something like Pull Me Under in tune, get their bassist to challenge John Myung. Dream Theater are a band with talent, they've been playing since 1985 and are still going strong with a fanbase much, much larger and more diverse than the Jonas Brothers' could ever hope to achive. Do you think the Jonas Brothers will be playing in almost 30 years time? Bands with talent last. Bands with talent are remembered and admired for decades, even after they finish. They're not thrown away once the corporation backing them up realises they can't milk anymore money from them. They can be in all the films (Camp Rock, lol, rock so camp that Boy George would be proud.), broadway and #1 songs in the mainstream charts as they want, that doesn't mean they have talent, just that they've been marketed by men in suits and ties. No one's gonna care about them 5 years after they end.

As for the diabetes, that's got nothin' to do with their musical talent, or lack of.

• Like 1

I didn't say having diabetes did have anything to do with their talent. And diabetes is serious and you can die from it. My mother has it, I'm very well educated on the disease. It takes a lot to get on stage night after night with an energy draining disease and perform.

And I never said not liking them meant you have no taste, that was misunderstood. Ive said many times how little I care if you or anyone else likes them or anyother music for that matter or not. If you don't care, then why are you here?It has nothing to do with you, it's like you're trying to convince people we shouldn't like them. You're all so deadset on having your own opinions, yet you try to change ours, or tell us were wrong.

And like I said earlier they were a band long before disney. They've only been a part of disney for 2 years now. And who cares if they will be playing 30 years from now? And comparing them to people have their age, that isn't fair.

I didn't say having diabetes did have anything to do with their talent. And diabetes is serious and you can die from it. My mother has it, I'm very well educated on the disease. It takes a lot to get on stage night after night with an energy draining disease and perform.

And I never said not liking them meant you have no taste, that was misunderstood.

And like I said earlier they were a band long before disney. They've only been a part of disney for 2 years now. And who cares if they will be playing 30 years from now? And comparing them to people have their age, that isn't fair.

andrew mcmahon played and wrote music when he had lukemia

thats fucking amazing.

people who are teenagers are amazing so age has nothing to due with their talent.

half the people who listen to them like them because of their looks.

i mean if your signed you have to have some sort of talent

i never said they werent talented.

andrew mcmahon played and wrote music when he had lukemia

thats fucking amazing.

people who are teenagers are amazing so age has nothing to due with their talent.

half the people who listen to them like them because of their looks.

i mean if your signed you have to have some sort of talent

i never said they werent talented.

that wasn't directed at you either casey.

I don't listen to them because of how they look, so I dont like being categorized with those who do.

And yes, that is amazing I'm a fan of Andrew too, and I never said that wasn't amazing.

And I'm sure his talent has improved since then too.

The jonas brothers are young, and you might think some of their songs are lame, I admit there are a few I dislike, but they will eventually grow out of the pop era and move on to better things. I bet if they were a bunch of hot girls up there singing songs half the guys in the world would be flocking to shows and wouldn't have a word to say about their songs, or anything.

i wasnt saying that you did! im sorry if i offended you.

i was just saying a lot of people like them because of their looks

it's ok. you didn't. i just hate feeling like people think that just because i like them.

I've been supporting them litterally since the beginning, I mean when they had like three songs written and a guitar and tamborine for instruments. I guess that's why I think they're so talented, I mean I've watched them over the years and seen how they have improved.

Okay guys, let's stop bashing on everyone know ...

It's been long enough now.

My post is of course meant for Sanguis Dominus.

You're making people stressed, you've crossed the limit I think, just don't say anything more that can be unpleasant.

Please ... thanks.

• Like 1

Oh,Really?

This will probably be my last post in this thread until all this non-sense stops.

I don't want to start anything, or argue, I'm a nice person and normally get along with everyone. But some of you are starting to really push me.

They have more talent, Sincereness and over all abilities than half of today's acts. I don't care if you like them, I'm not asking you to. All I'm saying is that you seriously can't sit there and tell me they have no talent. If you do it's for one of two reasons a) you're lying or B) you have no taste in music. Rather you like them of their style of music is irrelevant to whether they're musically inclined or not. Seriously, how many of today's bands/artists can say that they been on broadway, done solo work, had #1 songs, albums, videos, one of the biggest movies in history, and a huge show, all while fighting a dibilatating disease all by the ages of 15, 18, and 20? Very few.

They've accomplished more and made more $$ in their short few years than most of the bands/acts now will ever do in their entire lives! It's obvious they're not in it just for the cash, b/c let's face it, with the profits they've made they could quit making music this second and have enough to live on until they die.

And saying stuff about them b/c they're affiliated with Disney is the lamest thing I've ever heard.They were a band way before Disney had ever even heard of them. I could list a million popular bands that I hate, but I wouldn't say they're untalented. So lay off! If you don't like them, fine. Noone is asking you to be a fan. Just respect us as fans, and human beings!

And they're not fake. I've met them several times, and they're some of the nicest people ever. They treat the fans like anybody else. And they did not get beat up in school, they went to christian school.

You don't see us spamming up other threads saying crap about the music you listen to.

And this was not directed at just your comments, but others as well.

thank you for being respectful.

and btw, I would go see those bands and I like the jonas brothers. That's because I'm open minded and like all types of music.

sam, i love you! =)