The Jonas Brothers

hardcore_ashlyn

They're way better than Mcfly. Honestly I saw these guys almost 3 years ago now, before the first cd even came out and I was blown away. They had hardly any instuments, only 2 guitars and a tamborine. And they were driving a van for a bus. They have came such a long way. For a band that didn't have almost any instruments they were fantastic. I got to hear them practice and everything, they did great. I'd say they were prob as good then as they are now. I don't think they're tryingt to be the next anyone. They appeal to the younger kids obviously b/c of Disney and stuff, but their talent goes far beyond that.

They're way better than Mcfly. Honestly I saw these guys almost 3 years ago now, before the first cd even came out and I was blown away. They had hardly any instuments, only 2 guitars and a tamborine. And they were driving a van for a bus. They have came such a long way. For a band that didn't have almost any instruments they were fantastic. I got to hear them practice and everything, they did great. I'd say they were prob as good then as they are now. I don't think they're tryingt to be the next anyone. They appeal to the younger kids obviously b/c of Disney and stuff, but their talent goes far beyond that.

Sam, I seriously couldnt say it better myself. They are some of the most talented kids out there.

Sam, I seriously couldnt say it better myself. They are some of the most talented kids out there.

haha, thanx. I felt like I was ranting. :D

But they're incredible. And they don't act like they're better than you just because they're famous, you know?

Yea.. and he's genuine when saying that too. I remember when we saw them and we were outside (my sister and i) and they came out and their dad introduced them before the show and said they wanted to sign autographs and stuff they were so incredibly nice. Joe was the first one I noticed and I walked up and he said "Hi, how are you?" and I was like "I'm fine" and he asked what my name was and I told him, then I asked if he would sign my little venue thing, and he was like "yea.. sure of course!" it was the best day of my life! ahaha.

:crybad:

where in america are you coming?

New York.

Yea.. and he's genuine when saying that too. I remember when we saw them and we were outside (my sister and i) and they came out and their dad introduced them before the show and said they wanted to sign autographs and stuff they were so incredibly nice. Joe was the first one I noticed and I walked up and he said "Hi, how are you?" and I was like "I'm fine" and he asked what my name was and I told him, then I asked if he would sign my little venue thing, and he was like "yea.. sure of course!" it was the best day of my life! ahaha.

Wow, that's cool. =D

By the way, yesterday, in the supermarket I saw the Jonas Brothers album at 15€.

Should I buy it ? :P

okaay, point taken. still imo, UK-wise i think theyre pitching to mcfly fans - and im sure to an extent its working.

(look at elliot minor, for example. they wouldnt be where they are now if wasnt for mcfly and their fans.)

the jonas brothers have a lot of respect fot mcfly, and recently said that theyd be thrilled to work with them one day.

and i know mcfly arent big as far as US record sales go, but they've never really tried. even without that, theyve got a strong US fanbase. i use a fan forum which must be made up of about 3/4 US fans.

and people can diss mcfly all they like - but come on, theyve had seven number one singles, two number one albums, and tom fletcher is nothing short of a pop genuis. hes written TEN number ones. and most of all - they have a fanbase that no amount of slaggers will ever break.

but yeah, as someone from the UK im sure its hard to see the jonas brothers for what they really are, due to this comparison which will forever be made in our press.

New York.

Thats not too far from me. Well, it's far. But not extremely.

Wow, that's cool. =D

hehe, yea.:D

By the way, yesterday, in the supermarket I saw the Jonas Brothers album at 15€.

Should I buy it ? :P

yea!!! you totally should! :D

I wasn't trying to diss mcfly btw. I actually kinda like them. :D

I was by no means trying to diss McFly either! And I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I love McFly. I'm just saying that I dont think the JoBros are trying to be them, they're just playing music.

haha noo! i wasnt meaning you in particular, i just ment in general terms.

(and im glad youre a fan, if nothing else. i feel totally alone with it on these forums! lol)

maybe i should have made my point clearer too. i ment more that they were perceived as the new mcfly, over here - which of coarse makes me think that they are, cause i dont know any better :P

like in music reviews thats what their dubbed as, because theyre new to our turf and mcfly are such a big deal here.

the bands'll have similarites regardless, im sure.

saw them for the second time two days ago.

hahahah them playing shania twain made my life.

they are good performers you cant deny it.

and regardless of what people say, nick can SING. i have video proof. and when he sings "a little bit longer" like wow. whatever people can say what they want, he will always be a genius for writing that song, imo.

haha noo! i wasnt meaning you in particular, i just ment in general terms.

(and im glad youre a fan, if nothing else. i feel totally alone with it on these forums! lol)

maybe i should have made my point clearer too. i ment more that they were perceived as the new mcfly, over here - which of coarse makes me think that they are, cause i dont know any better :P

like in music reviews thats what their dubbed as, because theyre new to our turf and mcfly are such a big deal here.

the bands'll have similarites regardless, im sure.

Yes, this is true, the do have many similarities, and I understand that McFly is huge in the UK, so I get where you're coming from.

and regardless of what people say, nick can SING. i have video proof. and when he sings "a little bit longer" like wow. whatever people can say what they want, he will always be a genius for writing that song, imo.

They played Shania Twain!? What song!? That must have been epic!

And yes, Nick can definitely sing, I saw them last summer and his voice just blew me away.

omg that song seriously makes me cry!

and the passion in nicks voice just makes

that song even more beautiful!

Soooo I'm pretty obsessed...with the Jonas Brothers. This obsession just happened recently though, I'm not really sure why. I've always liked them, but I wasn't in love with them or anything, but one night a few months ago I had this suuuuuper random dream, and Kevin hugged me...and then I had "Still In Love With You" stuck in my head all day...now it's an obsession. Oh, especially after Camp Rock. Holy crap. I'm addicted. I think I need help.