guitar solos

arrrrr x matey

Okay, first of all A7X probably aren't the best band to pick to start learning solos :P they're pretty tricky if you haven't had experience with various picking techniques, as they use alot of pinch harmonics and sweeps and just a load of junk you don't need until you're very comfortable playing guitar.

I'd suggest some Metallica songs are good for learning solos, i know they're cliché and to be honest, i really don't like many of their tunes, but damn does Kirk know his way around a guitar. First solo i learnt was from Fade To Black by Metallica, good stuff.

The way i learn solos is just to listen to them over and over to begin with, make sure it's just absolutely stuck in my head- the melody, the tempo etc. so i can replay it in my head exactly as it is so i know if i go wrong.

I then try and replay it- either straight off or get some tabs which is easier. If it's a fast solo, i pace it down first so i can understand where my fingers are supposed to go and when, and gradually make it up to speed. If there are certain parts of a solo i find tricky, i just replay that particular bit over and over until i can just do it without really thinking.

I'm a perfectionist, so s with everything it's just a case of endless and annoying practise, but hell it's worth it when you can play things the way you want them played :)

...man i talk to much.

just practise and do some scale exercises or soemthing :P

I'm learing BATH, it's a hard solo. Hell Syn only just get it righ t sometimeas. Learn to use all 4 fingers, especially the pinky! I'd suggest for A7X the best things to learn would be the Burn It Down arpeggios, Second Heartbeat solo (firts half), Clairvoyent disease solo and alot of the dual harmony stuff on COE. Seize The day isnt too hard, it just now can do the sweeps at the end. It's all bout practise!