Does Hayleys Voice sound a little "Robot-Like" on the MTV Live Videos???

ironwolfuk

I've only watched them on YouTube, I'm assuming your talking about the downloaded ones?

Because I didn't hear anything like that on the YouTube versions.. I even ripped the audio and didn't notice it.

But it was also 2am.. so that could have affected my hearing a bit!

It could be the video itself.. the download, I mean. Sometimes when I download a video (a big one, especially) that happens to the audio.

I can actually hear it too on that section in LTFB, but I think it's only because I'm listening for it.

We all know Hayley has a phenomenal voice live, there'd be no need to dabble with it :)

EDIT: oh my goodness i take that back, watch thats what you get on youtube, it sounds properrr messed with =/

i agree, her voice is fantastic, but maybe the pressure of a live show on MTV ment she let someone press "the magic button" on the recording.

Didnt she record the FBR+ Live vocals before the show too ? (may not be correct.. can remember hearing this a while back though)

Not knocking the band, so dont flame me, just offering a oppinion

i agree, her voice is fantastic, but maybe the pressure of a live show on MTV ment she let someone press "the magic button" on the recording.

Didnt she record the FBR+ Live vocals before the show too ? (may not be correct.. can remember hearing this a while back though)

Not knocking the band, so dont flame me, just offering a oppinion

I think the FBR+ videos were dubbed because of her having such bad throat problems which is understandable.

I think these ones may have been altered because they're going out on TV and it's MTV's policy or something.

it wouldn't have sounded good on telly without being sorted out a bit though would it? not that they are bad live or anything.. i just mean it would sound different from actually being there, and everything would be all mixed up. the drums would be echoing over her voice kinda thing. they are bound to sort it out for the tv, and it is mtv so it's a big deal and everything. i am sure all/most performances that get shown on tv are sorted out a little. it's not like they have completely edited her voice. don't think it sounds bad.

what do i know though, eh :lol: i'm just going by what my bud told me. he does sound production and crap like that.

you are so fucking dumb its no magic button here, Hayley can really sing and it is impossible that it playback just look at the mouth. about the instrument is the sound improved because it wouldnt sound good at all in the television if the intrument wasnt playing right/got the right volume.

Woah there sports fan,

This wouldn't be the first time they used a live vocal tuner for a live TV recording. Check out some of those old recordings of pressure with big John on bass, BLATANTLY auto tuned through the PA. But you wouldn't know that, because you probably are part of the mainstream craze and know little of the bands background.

oops?

enjoy your incoming post deletion.

2:40 - 3:00 is one of the better examples on Let The Flames Begin.

Tried youtube, its the same.

Sounds like that Cher song (dont know what its called, where she used a voicebox)...

still noone? or am i going crazy :smile:

just listened to it, theres no vocal tuning or any other effect getting ran thru the pa chain..

She always sounds like that on let the flames begin, mainly because she doesn't drag the notes around like a lot of untrained singers. She's singing past her second bridge as well which honestly is impressive... girl never falls out of key. :P

Woah there sports fan,

This wouldn't be the first time they used a live vocal tuner for a live TV recording. Check out some of those old recordings of pressure with big John on bass, BLATANTLY auto tuned through the PA. But you wouldn't know that, because you probably are part of the mainstream craze and know little of the bands background.

oops?

enjoy your incoming post deletion.

you are so wrong, Im far away from mainstream and that why I hate playback because it makes people doubt that they got talent and just do it for selling.

I know that they are good live and I know that Hayley can sing just like the records just watch the old acoustic sets they did.

I want a explanation what you meen with "auto-tuner"