The New Deal: Band As Brand - NY Times Article

Komomaan

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/11/arts/music/11leed.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

So, our favorite band is featured in this article from the nytimes.

I don't really know what I have to say on this. I honestly don't think Paramore is a brand. They should picked a better example. Like Green Day or something, they are way more a brand as Paramore. And I am quite big fan of GD, so it's not that I don't like the band.

so im not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but there is a pretty big article about paramore and the music buisness in the latest edition of the new york times, if you are one of the few people who dont know, the new york times is one of the biggest news papers around hah, and this totally legitimizes (thats spelled wrong) paramore! here is the link to read the online issue:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/11/arts/music/11leed.html?_r=1&ref=music&oref=slogin

It's a really interesting article...and while I initially bristled a bit at the "band as brand" headline ('cause Paramore's music means a lot more to me than some marketing tool), I thought the article did a good job looking at the business side of things and 360 deals...

And if you think about it, Paramore is a good example of a band that really is establishing their own brand...in the best sense of that word.

That's an interesting article, and I'm glad they featured Paramore. I wasn't aware that they had a 360 deal, and I really haven't studied those types of deals at school yet, but they seem really interesting.

I like how 360 deals give bands time to grow instead of just throwing them into the spotlight. It's worked for Paramore so far. I think it was a good choice to start them out that way.