What do think it means? New album question

cool kids

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like songs meant originally to be acoustic? i'd love that.

they probably have like 4 songs that they have lyrics/ riffs for....

i mean didnt they go into writing riot with 15-16 working songs and come out with 11?

so the songs theyre writing now we may not even hear, or they become completely different.

as long as the songs stay true to who they are, i dont care when they come out.

i'd wait forever for the greatest song ever made by paramore

Oh yusss acoustic stuff FTW!

it confuses me how it took them so little time (apparently) for awkif and took them so long for riot

I don't know, the song that stood out to me the most on Riot! was Let the Flames Begin, it came off as the hardest to me and if that's the level their new album may be on, I'd love it incredibly.

I love Josh's power chords for the intro and outro and I'd love to hear it be fused with their earlier sounds too. Idk, that's just me haha.

I don't know, the song that stood out to me the most on Riot! was Let the Flames Begin, it came off as the hardest to me and if that's the level their new album may be on, I'd love it incredibly.

I love Josh's power chords for the intro and outro and I'd love to hear it be fused with their earlier sounds too. Idk, that's just me haha.

Yeh I totally agree!! I would be very happy with that!!:D

I agree that RIOT! has a poppier sound... and it took me awhile to adjust to it compared to AWKIF. To me, AWKIF's sound is paramore's sound... RIOT! seemed to be produced to make a radio-friendly album. While I think that's smart, at the same time... I don't love the album like I love AWKIF, that's just me though. I understand that part of being a musician is to grow and expand your sound, and to gain a larger fanbase or else you'll plateau early. However, I felt like it didn't supply enough rough edges, y'know? It seemed overproduced because of that.

I'm glad to hear that they're going to make their next LP heavier. And I'm glad they're already talking about it because that means they're writing new material already. *ding* That's something I love to hear.

I agree that RIOT! has a poppier sound... and it took me awhile to adjust to it compared to AWKIF. To me, AWKIF's sound is paramore's sound... RIOT! seemed to be produced to make a radio-friendly album. While I think that's smart, at the same time... I don't love the album like I love AWKIF, that's just me though. I understand that part of being a musician is to grow and expand your sound, and to gain a larger fanbase or else you'll plateau early. However, I felt like it didn't supply enough rough edges, y'know? It seemed overproduced because of that.

I'm glad to hear that they're going to make their next LP heavier. And I'm glad they're already talking about it because that means they're writing new material already. *ding* That's something I love to hear.

I completely agree with you 100%. I attribute a lot of that sound to having David Bendeth produce it. I know he was great to them and everything, and I have nothing against the guy (he has posted on here before and was really nice) but I was wary from the start hearing that he was gonna produce the album. It came out dissapointing to me. He's worked with many bands who have followed the same pattern...RJA, HH, etc. While it's all good music, it's not what I expected or wanted to hear from Paramore. I'd like to see them go heavier next time, and fall back into those AWKIF roots. To me, that is where their true sound lies.

Guest texasrocker

yeah awkif is still the best. riots great and i love it but there was just something about awkif and the way i t sounded live. its was a totally different show and personally i liked it better. maybe after hearing awkif constantly since warped 05 just makes it impossible for riot to top it.

I'd be happy with a natural progression from RIOT! to be honest.

After AWKIF, the Summer Tic EP hinted that they were gonna incorporate a heavier style, with the reworked version of Emergency and all, I spoke to em about it, and Josh was laughing about having loads of underOATH style breakdowns in the new stuff, which i was fine with haha

But how RIOT! came out, i couldn't have been happier really. It has hardly left my stereo since release, and whenever the new record comes out, I'm just looking forward to seeing how the progress from here, be that focusing more on the riffs (Pessimist/Optimistic style) or the more dreamy indie pop (When It Rains) or the anthemic (crushcrushcrush).

Either ways, I'll be totally happy :)