T-shirt design development

Hey guys, I've developed the t-shirt design that won in the poll before. I tried out 4 different colour-ways to see which worked best and moved some things around. Ive also tried to make the design look a bit more 3D. I havent put the text on them because I had hand written them before and I want to try different computer fonts to see which looks best, I will post them into this thread once I have chosen them, you guys can then decide which font you like :) Anyway, heres how Ive developed the design from...

...this

Ifonlytimeflewlikeadove-1.jpg

To...

This is the colour-way I initially went for:

clock1.jpg

I liked the green face but I thought the colours were very similar to the blue background of the t-shirt.

clock2.jpg

This is what I came up with next, keeping the green face but choosing colours that would be different to the background; I also played around with the colours of the cog and other pieces in the design. However, I thought it was quite bland and the colours a little dull.

clock3.jpg

This was my next step, I wanted to choose brighter colours so blue and orange, which are complementary colours, makes it stand out a lot more than the previous. I changed the colour of the face because I liked the explosion colour and wanted to keep that so I had to change my mind about the green.

Final design:

clock4.jpg

This was what I came up with in the end, I wanted to keep the clock face bright but I thought the previous was too bright so I chose to dull the outer part down but make the inner part yellow so it had a luminosity. I decided to also keep the rest of the colours the same as they worked quite well with this. I will be putting it into photoshop to create some distressed effects on top.

Sooo what do you guys think about the final design and the way Ive developed from the black and white?

• 3 weeks later...