Singers?

DearDestruction

lol i smoke as well. normally find that my voice hits notes better when i'm halfway through a fag or just after. well weird... but yeah. only problem is that my voice strains more cos of it

You know, I find that too... Right after a cigarette my voice is totally clear which is WRONG! Haha.

Im aware of what smoking does and how it affects breathing, my breathing, I can go days without smoking however and I know if I moved to England Id just give up but here it feels like EVERYONE smokes so I see someone smoking and subconciously (sp) pick up a cigarette and smoke it. In London it repulses me unless Im drunk hah.

^ i can only give you two!

Try not to get to nervous, or you forget your lyrics (that happened to me today lol...) and also, if the instruments around you get to loud and you can't hear yourself, put your fingers in your ears and focus on your own singing! it keeps you in tune! =] . lol. Sounds stupid, but it works...

^ i can only give you two!

Try not to get to nervous, or you forget your lyrics (that happened to me today lol...) and also, if the instruments around you get to loud and you can't hear yourself, put your fingers in your ears and focus on your own singing! it keeps you in tune! =] . lol. Sounds stupid, but it works...

You should wear earplugs.

Just curious, any tips on getting a higher range ? I'm not a "singer" as such, but i do like to sing. T'would be nice if i could sing along to some of the higher stuff, rather than going a few intervals lower... I have to literally shout stuff if i want to do anything anything remotely high. Not cool, haha

^

haha,

i do that aswell,

if i cant be arsed/cant do the highest note ive ever heard in my life

(Minnie Ripperton - Loving You,

wow :neutral:)

i just sing an octave lower ;-)

and i guess practise is the only way.

go into head voice and practise scales :)

thats what i do.

...apart from i dont actually need to,

cos i sing pretty high tbh..

..and go really low. :]

so yeah, haha

but i have the brett manning CD's,

they're awesome ;-)

IF

i ever meet you,

i'll give you a copy, oui? :)

well...I cant sing for shit, my voice is very terrible to say the least, any helps on finding a "voice" ? sounds stupid...hmmp

If I were you I'd try and find a voice coach. SLS is THE BOMB fo real. You can find one at speechlevelsinging.com. I'd say a level 4 or 5 will be your best bet, they're going to have a lot more knowledge as they've been doing it a lot longer. I love my voice coach more than I can say, honestly she's incredible and I feel so blessed to have found her. Also, the Brett Manning stuff is great. If you can get his DVDs do that for sure. I'm planning on going to Nashville next year on spring break to do one of the artist development weeks with him, I just have to get it all figured out!