Rant Thread III

thebrowncoat

omg i did that with sunglasses that i bought from urban outfitters

only 2 hours after i bought them i went to put them on and one of the..thingies that goes over your ears just snapped off!

it was the LAST PAIR they had in stock too

at all the stores around my aunts house and mine

i was gutted.

That's the whole point of being a mod, your no longer peoples friends and your seen as the enemy - even if people don't say it they think it.

Why, though? It's not the mod's fault, it's their fault. There's got to be at least one person taking care of the place, other wise it gets out of hand. Why is it so bad being a mod?

Everything i do im getting sarcastic comments or slagged off, and im fed up of it,

I used to enjoy coming on here, but i dont anymore

Assertiveness required?

That's the whole point of being a mod, your no longer peoples friends and your seen as the enemy - even if people don't say it they think it.

Disagree with this. I've modded forums before and never had problems from people. If they see you're doing a good job you get respect. But then again I've never seen a forum quite like this one before :lol:

You took the position now live by it and remember you can't please all of the people all of the time so just please yourself and do a good job.

Fully agree with this. Do the job, moderate the forums. Without sounding like a cunt and totally against the mods (the other ones) but it doesn't seem like there's a mod team at all on here. Ross wants to mod the place, but he's got no back-up or support. Just my opinion.

Fully agree with this. Do the job, moderate the forums. Without sounding like a cunt and totally against the mods (the other ones) but it doesn't seem like there's a mod team at all on here. Ross wants to mod the place, but he's got no back-up or support. Just my opinion.

Word on this, Ross needs some back up. I personally think he's doing a fantastic job, but one person (and really, it is just one person these days) cannot moderate this forum. This forum is possibly the hardest forum to moderate that i've been on, it's so disjointed and gets far more personal. So, props to Rossy, give him respect yo' he's one of the good'uns.

ANYWAY the only thing that has pissed me off today is that i bought narrow-ruled paper instead of wide-ruled. Tiny, geeky little detail, but seriously, IT'S SO DAMN AWKWARD.

Thanks for the back up folks, i can only do my best at the end of the day, and im trying so hard to keep these forums enjoyable for everyone,

My only problem with this forum is just people being too abusive and turning personal, no other forum allows it so i donno why people feel its allowed on here,