Newcastle Academy

Happy_Misery

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooo, i went up to the balcony at the end and some security wuman nearly killed me and my pals for recording from the front.

it was a laugh :lol: was colder up there though!

i loved the gig. i loved the venue. i totally want to go back there.

the chippy down the road was a bit dodgey though, haha! fucking nearly got posioned. god knows what the 'sausage' actually was btw.

That woman on the balcony was SOOOO evil wasn't she!!!! it sucked when NFG told us all to stand up and dance and then she stormed over with steam poofing out of her ears and yelling 'SIT DOWN OR I'LL THROW YOU ALL OUT.'

She was just Satan in human form. and she had horrible hair.

i dont think ive ever eaten at any of those chippies before. i think i did once but i was drunk i think so i probably wouldnt have noticed if it was disgusting haha

I think the Newcastle Academy problem is because it's not insulated properly (was a rush job) and it used to be an old bingo hall so it didn't really matter what it sounded like as long as you could hear the caller.

I bet they would have been amazing if they had played at that music center they just built in Gateshead :D

Yeah it used to be the Gala bingo and then it was turned into the Academy in less than a month, it was a total rush job and at one of it's first gigs (Ian Brown) the place had to be cleared because the ground floor was wobbling as they didn't put supports in :roll:

I would watch Paramore there again....though i'd watch them anywhere, but if I had my choice of a Newcastle venue it would have to be downstairs at the uni

i loved how bouncy the floor was

haha yeah me too. though i couldn't experience it this time because i had stupid balcony seating.

It wasn't that bad really... here's a video i recorded of 'Misery Business'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DYMOa52_5eQ

wobbly camerawork in parts... i was dancing a lot haha