The Book Thread: What are you reading?

thebrowncoat

Just read The Lovely Bones

Man, that book is incredible.

It's about a girl who got raped and murdered, and she's telling the story about her family after her death FROM her viewpoint in heaven.

Crazy!

i read that book a few months ago

it is really good

Just read The Lovely Bones

Man, that book is incredible.

It's about a girl who got raped and murdered, and she's telling the story about her family after her death FROM her viewpoint in heaven.

Crazy!

actually made me cry, that book. and totally messed around with the way i saw my dad as a person for a couple of months, you know the whole thinking of your parents as people rather than parents ? weird man. haha. i'm so inconsiderate of my darling daddy, you mean he actually has a personality other that "dad" ?!?! no way !

Have anyone read "The curious incident of the dog in the night-time"? I really want to read it, but I just need to find it first.

Read it a while ago, about this kid with autism yes ? Very bluntly funny-without-really-meaning-to-be-funny, gets a bit deep and sludgy at points but worth a read !

Am currently reading Hold Tight by Harlan Coben. I'm pretty undecided. I think it's a good book, but at the moment it's got so many timelines and tangents i can't keep track. Damn post-modernism.

Read it a while ago, about this kid with autism yes ? Very bluntly funny-without-really-meaning-to-be-funny, gets a bit deep and sludgy at points but worth a read !

Yup, that's it. Ooh, okey. I'm gonna try to find it here, I bet I have to order it online.:nono:

actually made me cry, that book. and totally messed around with the way i saw my dad as a person for a couple of months, you know the whole thinking of your parents as people rather than parents ? weird man. haha. i'm so inconsiderate of my darling daddy, you mean he actually has a personality other that "dad" ?!?! no way !

Yes it's REALLY intense. It actually freaked my friend out because her dad died, and it made her feel like he was watching her and all of the mistakes she makes and she actually went through a panic attack.

^haha that thought totally occurred to me ! I was reading it whilst outside having a smoke and i was all like... wait oh shit, mum are you totally getting this ?!

...and then i got over it. seriously intense and makes you think, but i don't really go for the whole whatever-after-death so i got over it pretty quickly. very good book though.

Just thinking about it (for some reason) reminded me of that book My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult ? Anyone read that ? That made me cry as well. I think i've cried reading more books than when i watch movies ! I get waaaay too involved.

^haha that thought totally occurred to me ! I was reading it whilst outside having a smoke and i was all like... wait oh shit, mum are you totally getting this ?!

...and then i got over it. seriously intense and makes you think, but i don't really go for the whole whatever-after-death so i got over it pretty quickly. very good book though.

Just thinking about it (for some reason) reminded me of that book My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult ? Anyone read that ? That made me cry as well. I think i've cried reading more books than when i watch movies ! I get waaaay too involved.

I HAVE!

i fucking adore that woman

every single one of her books that i've read so far has managed to make me cry

i bought another one over the weekend that i can't wait to read

YES! I love Jodi Picoult.

Her books are incredible.

Sister's Keeper is amazing.

But her other book Vanishing Point is awesome too.

I always end up reading books about suppressed memories or things related to incidents which cause trama. I don't know why.

I also read Identical by Ellen Hopkins and that book was so..TRIPPY. I definitely did not expect the ending at all. And it is literally written like...poetry?

It's written linear and sometimes the words and paragraphs form shapes to resemble what the topic of that page was. Like tears if she's crying, or hearts if it's talking about love. It's hard to explain.

http://www.amazon.com/Identical-Ellen-Hopkins/dp/1416950052

Haven't read any more by Picoult but i keep meaning to, so good. They're making a film of My Sister's Keeper apparently. Hopefully it'll be done better than P.S. I Love you. Goddamn i loved that book i just don't think the film did it justice despite jeffrey dean morgan being in it.

Which brings me on to Cecilia Ahern, anyone ? Just all her books are amazing. And Irish. And amazing.

^ Read Vanishing Acts!

I love how Jodi writes each chapter from a different characters POV. It's awesome.

But does anyone know when Sister's Keeper comes out in theaters? I'm too lazy to check.

Haha PS I Love You is amazing.

Has anyone actually read the book for The Notebook?

I've been meaning to.

^ Read Vanishing Acts!

I love how Jodi writes each chapter from a different characters POV. It's awesome.

But does anyone know when Sister's Keeper comes out in theaters? I'm too lazy to check.

Haha PS I Love You is amazing.

Has anyone actually read the book for The Notebook?

I've been meaning to.

i will! :D

i love that too

that would be a hard story to pull off from just one point of view

and i'm pretty sure it comes out at the end of the month

i haven't read the notebook either but i've been meaning to

I have The Notebook somewhere but i don't think i've ever read it. God though that film is literally one of 3 films that make me cry every time i watch it. Every-fucking-time. Jeeez guys why all about the things that make me cry :P ?! What's a humerous novel... uhmmm....

Okay can't come up with anything funny, but whilst sifting through my mental library, anyone read anything by Kathy Reichs ? It's like, forensic mystery crimey stuff. Love it. It's what the TV series Bones is loosely based on (which, coincidentally, i also love, toootally not because of david boreanaz :shifty:)

• 2 weeks later...