The Starting Line

JJ Riot

Although the members of the Starting Line are still in their 20s, they are already seen as an influential band for the current crop of punk upstarts. It wasn't surprising when this writer heard Paramore guitarist Josh Farro covering "Are You Alone" acoustically at a post-Warped Tour BBQ this summer. "We were on tour with Four Year Strong, and those guys are huge Starting Line fans from back in the day who I'd never expect to like our band," Watts says, beaming. "It's totally weird to hear that stuff because I still kind of consider us a baby band and see so much room for growth for us."

So, our Joshie played 'Are You Alone'. Interesting...

• 3 months later...

The Starting Line= favorite band ever. I've seen them a few times, I got to meet Kenny at warped 2 years ago and again when they were on tour with paramore! Best moment of my life haha. not really...but it was pretty awesome.

I don't know if I can really rank their cds... I think according to my mood right now...its based on a true story, say it like you mean it, direction. My only problem with direction is that I like some of the songs more than others. There are always those few songs I just want to skip over. I don't tend to have that problem with boats or silymi. I love all of them though.

And I am absolutely in love with their cover of "I'm real" by jlo haha. So much better than the original.

I'm so sad about their haiatus too! But at least we still have Person L. Even though its kinda trippy haha.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...