First UK gig - London - was great!

Av_Rocks

Hi all. Just got back from Paramore's first gig (as part of Give it a name introduces) at Carling Acadamy Islington - was great! The venue was really gd, we were close to the band and it was so small.

Most people there seemed to be there for Paramore :), gd news lol. I felt a bit sorry for Drive By, cos most people left after Paramore - Drive By were alright too, i liked one of earlier songs best.. cant remember the name. Promise and the one after..or after that.. lol.

Anyway Paramore was awsome, and Hayley was like it's their first time outside of the USA and the crowd here are the best singers yet...awww.

Oh yeah it was funny too when Hayley was trying to reach some fan's hand from the stage.. and couldnt reach lol - "my arm isnt long enough!" lol.

Hayley's singing was awsome, great voice; all the guitarists were great, really gd guitar solos (and by all the bands too actually), and drumming was great too. Overall great night - best £5 i've ever spent :D.

The setlist was something like this:

All We Know

Woah

Emergency

Conspiracy

Pressure

My Heart

I've probably missed a couple off but u get the general idea. The ending with My Heart was awsome, and i think everyone had a gd time - including the band.

If u get a chance in the uk to go to one of the other "give it a name introduces" gigs.. well worth it. Also Classic Case started about 7.25pm, then Paramore went after them at around 8, then Drive By were after that. I think i missed Blackout before Classic Case but i got there in time for the main bands! (and paramore!.. loads of time - great place to put them in the line up). Just thought others might wanna know, to bear in mind for the other gigs.

Hope others who went had a gd time too.

I thought it was conspiracy yeah.. maybe it was Never Let This Go though actually.. i'll have a listen to their cd tomorro - im too tired to think about it tonight lol. Might have got the song names mixed up.

They did that thing at the end of..emergency think it was ? Those few lines of that other song.. think its been on the media section before.

yes it was awesome, they tried to meet people but the got mobbed, well hayley and josh did, i met and got sinatures from hunter, zac and jeremy and i managed to get a photo with jeremy and zac before the show as i met them in the street and walked with them to the venue, it was just so awesome altho i am now dying from all the travelling today alltogether about 12 hours, but it was deffinetely worth it and i cant wait for next saturday at give it a name

i think the setlist was:

All We Know

Woah

Here we go again

Emergency

Pressure

My Heart

oh by the way you werent alowed to take cameras in but i got mine in but i only took a few shots (security kept looking at me lol) and they where rubbish

Well hayley was signing peoples tickets n stuff and kept moving a few times..cos security told her too i think. Prob was people wouldnt move out the way once they got something signed.. i was close to herbut not close enough to get something signed lol. Hayley was kind of surrounded by fans on these stairs...then three security people took her out.... it's a pity cos she seemed to be alright signing peoples stuff.. would have been better if she stayed where she was in the first place.

Nearly got some other signatures but was trying to get hayleys one first lol.

Im not that bothered tho - it was a great gig afterall. Oh and did u see the 2nd drumstick harrisonthe2nd ? lol.. that landed just in front of me and my friends.. one friend nearly caught it!.. then just as we were about to try picking it up.. there was like a crowd of fans suddenly dived to the floor lol.. and beat us too it.

Me and my friends all had a great time yeah.. very gd gig.

i was there.. front row centre. wooop.

hayley smiled at me i think i nearly passed out from excitement. :D

You could tell how excited/shocked hayley was that EVERYONE knew the words to all the songs lol and it seemed most people were more excited about paramore than Drive By.

I only got to speak to hayley for like a minute outside the venue before she was taken away.

i think they underestimated their popularity loool

yaaay.

no pics though unfortunatly cameras werent allowed :-/

I was wondering whether to bring a camera but didnt.. and apparently u couldnt anyway so good call there lol. I think its like no professional cams but watever.

Here We Go Again was gd, thats what i meant earlier in the thread btw.. not Conspiracy lol.

I was wondering if paramore were gonna show at the merch stand.. considering the load of people who went there lol. They did kind of under estimate yup.

i was there.. front row centre. wooop.

hayley smiled at me i think i nearly passed out from excitement. :D

You could tell how excited/shocked hayley was that EVERYONE knew the words to all the songs lol and it seemed most people were more excited about paramore than Drive By.

I only got to speak to hayley for like a minute outside the venue before she was taken away.

i think they underestimated their popularity loool

yaaay.

no pics though unfortunatly cameras werent allowed :-/

Taken away? By who? Were they that mobbed? Wow...

^ hayley had to be moved 3 times cos of the amount of people.. then she was just taken out of the venue so me and my friend thought we'd just go home and wen we left haylay was standing there with Josh and one of the security guards.. i went up and spoke to her while josh walked off in the other direction then josh came back and they went.. or something like that.

it was kool though you could see they were all so pumped and happy :D

^ hayley had to be moved 3 times cos of the amount of people.. then she was just taken out of the venue so me and my friend thought we'd just go home and wen we left haylay was standing there with Josh and one of the security guards.. i went up and spoke to her while josh walked off in the other direction then josh came back and they went.. or something like that.

it was kool though you could see they were all so pumped and happy :D

haha, wow they are getting so big

I know...it's exciting and a little depressing at the same time. I'm going to miss the days when no one knew who they were...the days when Hayley could just be standing out by the van and come over to talk to you rather than the other way around :)

Ahh well...good for them - they deserve it :)

I know...it's exciting and a little depressing at the same time. I'm going to miss the days when no one knew who they were...the days when Hayley could just be standing out by the van and come over to talk to you rather than the other way around :)

Ahh well...good for them - they deserve it :)

aww same here. i'll be sad if the next time i see them. security wont allow me to talk to them

wow...

i don't really know what to say.

but things are probably going to change after they get back..

:(

Hard to say - I think it varies from area to area right now...for example, I've never seen them get the kind of fan response in DC that they get in NY or seem to be getting in the UK...

But, yeah...they're definitely getting more and more exposure...and gaining more and more fans.

At some point, though, you have to wonder if they can continue to be as open and giving with their fans...it may just become overwhelming...and/or someone will do something stupid that will make them have to reconsider. I really hope that doesn't happen...