First UK gig - London - was great!

Av_Rocks

I was wondering the same thing..cause for me liking Green Day thats a different story since they are really popular and have no time to hang out with fans like Paramore does..I just find it cool that I like a band that enjoys meeting fans (for now)

Hi all. Just got back from Paramore's first gig (as part of Give it a name introduces) at Carling Acadamy Islington - was great! The venue was really gd' date=' we were close to the band and it was so small.

Most people there seemed to be there for Paramore :), gd news lol. I felt a bit sorry for Drive By, cos most people left after Paramore - Drive By were alright too, i liked one of earlier songs best.. cant remember the name. Promise and the one after..or after that.. lol.

Anyway Paramore was awsome, and Hayley was like it's their first time outside of the USA and the crowd here are the best singers yet...awww.

Oh yeah it was funny too when Hayley was trying to reach some fan's hand from the stage.. and couldnt reach lol - "my arm isnt long enough!" lol.

Hayley's singing was awsome, great voice; all the guitarists were great, really gd guitar solos (and by all the bands too actually), and drumming was great too. Overall great night - best £5 i've ever spent :D.

The setlist was something like this:

All We Know

Woah

Emergency

Conspiracy

Pressure

My Heart

I've probably missed a couple off but u get the general idea. The ending with My Heart was awsome, and i think everyone had a gd time - including the band.

If u get a chance in the uk to go to one of the other "give it a name introduces" gigs.. well worth it. Also Classic Case started about 7.25pm, then Paramore went after them at around 8, then Drive By were after that. I think i missed Blackout before Classic Case but i got there in time for the main bands! (and paramore!.. loads of time - great place to put them in the line up). Just thought others might wanna know, to bear in mind for the other gigs.

Hope others who went had a gd time too.[/quote'] Um no they never played conspiracy, this was thier set list. Oh ja and they never played thier new song temporary either :( i think its cos they didnt have time, as they had some techinical diffeculties. Hayley got mobbed at the end, and yeah i felt sorry for drive by too cos everyone left after paramore. TO MOB HAYLEY lol.

This was thier list.

Intro

All We Know

Woah

Here we Go Again

Emergency

Pressure

My heart

lol they never played conspiracy. :D

It was a great gig, a really great gig. It was so funny when hayley got mobbed about 4 secruity people came and dragged her away eveuntually. Poor Hayley. Thye totally owned the stage, it was a really powerful gig. My heart was great, and so was all we know, usually she does the "all we know" bit in a low key, but she did it normally this time :D. I loved woah as well and yeah it was funny when she forgot the words to here we go again and she made us sing it :D.

It was a great gig, a really great gig. It was so funny when hayley got mobbed about 4 secruity people came and dragged her away eveuntually. Poor Hayley. Thye totally owned the stage, it was a really powerful gig. My heart was great, and so was all we know, usually she does the "all we know" bit in a low key, but she did it normally this time :D. I loved woah as well and yeah it was funny when she forgot the words to here we go again and she made us sing it :D.

Did she want to be dragged away? Or were they just trying to get her out of a big mob of people?

I was wondering the same thing..cause for me liking Green Day thats a different story since they are really popular and have no time to hang out with fans like Paramore does..I just find it cool that I like a band that enjoys meeting fans (for now)

Yeah i agree, i think if your going to see paramore or thinking about it the NOW is the right time, becuase if they are going to get REALLY big, your never gonna get the oppurtunity to see them as intamately like in a small venue, they might do wembley when most of the time the bands that perform there look like dots with the size of the veune. And yes i really advise you to see paramore NOW if your thinking about it. Theyre already big enough to get mobbed, so.......

NO lol her eyes were wide open as if she was thinking what the hell is going on here. lol

Wait - when she was being dragged away or when she was being mobbed?

She's always looked pretty comfortable in crowds to me, so perhaps the security was just being overprotective...then again, she always has some of the other band members with her, which is smart.

Of course, it was only last November when I saw them open for Simple Plan and Hayley walked up to me outside the venue and we talked for a few minutes...and no one had a clue who she was except me.

The bouncer was pretty rough with her when he dragged her away, when she was getting mobbed she was pretty casual. She told the bouncer, no its fine! LOOK! I already got my bouncer he's right here, then zac turned around and said thats me, and it was so funny. But the bouncer dragged her away nether the less....

The bouncer was pretty rough with her when he dragged her away, when she was getting mobbed she was pretty casual. She told the bouncer, no its fine! LOOK! I already got my bouncer he's right here, then zac turned around and said thats me, and it was so funny. But the bouncer dragged her away nether the less....

LOL! That's awesome. She's such a great kid :)

Zac and Josh usually are her "bouncers" when she's talking to folks after shows :) Not that Josh and Zac aren't great to talk to too, because they are...

Yeah it was such a cool evening.... :D did you go? or are you in US

No, I'm in the US. I've seen them 4 times over here. Plus, I'm probably going to see them again in May on The Rocket Summer tour and I'm definitely going to see them in June on Warped.

AWESOME! That is so cool dude, i wanted to go see them at GIAN, but theyre all booked up, say you dont have any cool paramore audio do you? :P

I have all the cool Paramore audio that's over in the Audio part of the forum...check out all the threads over there for some great stuff.

sounds like an awesome time!

sfnsd

i rly cant wait till tommorow night now :]]

so the band didnt wait at the march stand

gah i hope i cans till meet them!

what time did it finish at?

Yeah they did wait by thier merch stand for about 15 mins before hayley got dragged away. Zac hanged around about 1 min more and then they all left. :( But it was an awesome night