Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

Motherwell 1-3 Hibs.

Utter pish. Expect Hib's player Zemmama to be in trouble for doing an "Adebayor" and celebrating in front of the motherwell fans which resulted in someone throwing a lighter at him. Smart move. Idiot.

We were rank rotten today, and so goes our undefeated start to the season :(

Whey aye!!! Can't stand it myself.

Wasn't a bad match really was it? BBC did spoil it and kept mentioning the premiership and last year - still!

Pretty good match yeah, I thought the ref was a bit dodgy. Leadbitter probably should have been sent off, if not for his two footed lunge on Steven Taylor which missed and took out the corner flag, which was a yellow card minimum - and then he fouled Butt I think later too which was a yellow card offence. So either 1 red or 2 yellows.

I couldn't believe they asked Nolan why he couldn't play like that last season :roll: Unbelievable...

1 Tom 349

2 Ross [Mod] 336

3 Andrew 333

4 Lara 331

5 Matthew 320

6 Gareth 319

7 Ross 253

8 James 221

9 Lee 51

Yeah I wasn't counting on Mod Ross leap-frogging into 2nd :P

UEFA Champions League Results:

Group E:

Debrecen 0-4 Lyon

Fiorentina 2-0 Liverpool

Group F:

Rubin Kazan 1-1 Inter

Barcelona 2-0 Dynamo Kiev

Group G:

Rangers 1-4 Sevilla

Unirea 1-1 Stuttgart

Group H:

AZ Alkmaar 1-1 Standard Liege

Arsenal 2-0 Olymiacos

Coca Cola Championship Results:

Barnsley 3-1 West Brom :D

Bristol City 2-0 Blackpool

Cardiff 6-1 Derby

Crystal Palace 0-0 Sheff Wed

Doncaster 0-0 Swansea

Middlesbrough 0-1 Leicester :D

Peterborough 1-2 Plymouth

Preston 1-2 Reading

Sheff Utd 3-3 Ipswich

Watford 2-3 Coventry

Newcastle play QPR tomorrow, and could move 5 points clear at the top with a win :shifty:

And horrible news for Swansea. Ferrie Bodde who missed 3/4 of last season with knee ligament damage made his 1st league appearance on Saturday, and re-injured his knee only 9 minutes into the game :neutral: He's now out for the rest of the season... and the worse thing from a fan point of view, is that Wigan tried buying him for £5m in the summer and Swansea turned it down :neutral:

And on the subject of Swansea, Cardiff fans may be banned from the derby game due to police worries :lol:

I was watching the Fiorentina-Liverpool game, but on the red button so I saw all the Sevilla goals on the goal alert thing and the defending wasn't the best. But Sevilla are a very good side.

I had it too, it was popping up every 2 minutes in 2nd half. XD

I'm happy for Fiorentina. :) I was at 100% behind them.

They're too busy frothing from the gash about the next George Best, Paddy McCourt. :roll:

It actually does my fucking head. Teams outwith the old firm produce youngsters, or buy them from lower teams to further their career, and nothing is made of it.

Rangers and Celtic play a young player, for 1 or 2 games, and suddenly their the next Pele.

Simon Donnelly, Mark Burchill, Stephen Crainey, Scott Wilson, Barry Nicholson, Steven Pressley, and more recently John Fleck.

Its ridiculous. They end up moving to other teams in the end but the minute they make an appearance, their portrayed as amazing players and campaigned for a scotland call up.