Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

70 points for me too, highest I've had so far 8-) Up to second now.

And yeah everyone except James started week 1 (he started week 3). Lee's gonna have some catching up to do :lol:

Edit: Bellamy apparently hit a Man Utd fan :D after the fan ran on the pitch after the game LOL http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5572522,00.html

Carling Cup 3rd Round Results:

Arsenal 2-0 West Brom

Barnsley 3-2 Burnley

Bolton 3-1 West Ham (AET)

Carlisle 1-3 Portsmouth

Leeds 0-1 Liverpool

Nottm Forest 0-1 Blackburn

Peterborough 2-0 Newcastle

Scunthorpe 2-0 Port Vale (AET)

Stoke City 4-3 Blackpool

Sunderland 2-0 Birmingham

Newcastle played their youngsters, and it showed again :???: No comeback this time after being 3-1 to Huddersfield in the last round and eventually winning 4-3. Two goals in the first 30 minutes of the game, Guthrie then got sent off (two yellow cards) in the second half.

CIS Cup was tonight too. Im just in, our match went to extra time.

Finished Motherwell 3-2 Inverness. We made heavy weather of it, but in cup games, its just the score that matters. We always make hard work against lower league teams, every year consistently. This time we just had the nerve to see it out, Ross Forbes scoring with 2 minutes left on the clock.

Good to see Aberdeen put out by Dundee 3-2. Fuck you McGhee, hope you enjoyed that ya cunt! :D

Carling Cup 3rd Round Results:

Arsenal 2-0 West Brom

Barnsley 3-2 Burnley

Bolton 3-1 West Ham (AET)

Carlisle 1-3 Portsmouth

Leeds 0-1 Liverpool

Nottm Forest 0-1 Blackburn

Peterborough 2-0 Newcastle

Scunthorpe 2-0 Port Vale (AET)

Stoke City 4-3 Blackpool

Sunderland 2-0 Birmingham

Newcastle played their youngsters, and it showed again :???: No comeback this time after being 3-1 to Huddersfield in the last round and eventually winning 4-3. Two goals in the first 30 minutes of the game, Guthrie then got sent off (two yellow cards) in the second half.

Ah well out the cup....no big loss.

Forgot to ask but are you part of the Newcastle Supporters Trust?

http://www.nust.org.uk/mission-statement

So the rumour going around is that Newcastle will go into administration by next week, they are seem to be using the pay off to Keegan tomorrow as an excuse.

Dunno what I think about that rumour but it might be true if you look at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/6227609/Newcastle-fear-Kevin-Keegan-compensation-may-bankrupt-the-club.html

I missed your earlier post Lee, nope I'm not part of the Supporter's Trust. Looks interesting though.

Hopefully Ashley isn't stupid enough to put the club into administration. If he still wants £100m he needs his head examined. Aren't Birmingham about to be sold for £80m? Logic says Newcastle should be sold for less than that. £60m would be more accurate, considering there's a £30m overdraft (or there-abouts) and there's what seems to be a £10m pay out owing to Keegan.

Just signed up for the supporters trust which seems worth it to me :D

Seems like he wants to though, go into administration the fa pays the wages and he can get rid of the club.....with the Keegan bit it might force them into administration.

Even though it's 10 points I hope it happens in a way so we can shift the fat bastard, but if he does that then his shifty mate can get the club for nowt really.

Ipswich 0-4 Newcastle :mrgreen:

As happy as I am with the win, how absolutely shit was the BBC coverage? Unbelievable commentary, they got pretty much everything wrong, no info at the start of the game as to who were on the subs bench, no indication of how much added time at half time/full time and then at the end of the game they don't even put up the Championship table :roll: I'm grateful BBC only have 6 Championship games, even if they all look like they're going to be Newcastle ones. I know the game against Middlesbrough in December is on BBC :( I don't care about the FA Cup, that's always boring :lol:

Championship Table:

1. Newcastle 22pts (+13)

2. West Brom 20pts (+12)

3. Preston NE 18pts (+7)

4. Middlesbrough 17pts (+5)

5. Blackpool 16pts (+6)

6. Sheff Utd 15pts (+4)

A quick mention for Swansea beating Sheff Utd 2-1 - and with 9 men, yes folks two more sending offs for Swansea! Wahey! :P

Only 21 points for me on FF :neutral: But 4 players are playing tomorrow, and Milner's finding some form now.

I liked the Bobby Robson stuff (brought a tear to my eyes) but they even manged to spoil that by zooming in on that fat bastard moaping in his seat.

Also why was gabby logan there? Women should be no where near football grr!!!!

Great game though but I was getting a bit over excited everytime newcastle back passed :rotfl: