Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

Rumour has it Mike Ashley is looking to invest in a Scottish club. Heard he looked at rangers and ran a mile when he seen the Debt. St mirren recently reported of two interested parties in their club one which whould "send shockwaves through scottish football". Possibly him?

Although also heard it could be Motherwell as we are one of very very few clubs, if any, that isnt in Debt.

We've been down this road before with our Current Chairmen when he first arrived and we ended up in Administration so get this cunt away from us.

If Ashley still owns Newcastle, he won't be allowed to own Rangers. Plus I'd rather not have the scrote anywhere near the pearly gates of Ibrox.

Ditto. Surely its evident he doesnt have a clue with football clubs. He cant come to Scotland and use a club like its a new toy.

Mike Ashley GTF.

Ashley looking at a Scottish club? :lol:

I'm all for it, if he sells Newcastle to buy a Scottish club instead :P

Turns out though that no one could raise £100million for Newcastle so that's good news for the Scottish fans, bad news for the Newcastle ones.

I'm guessing he can't own two clubs?

On the subject of Newcastle, Jonas Gutierrez has been guaranteed a World Cup spot in the Argentina squad so he wants to stay. Jose Enrique says he wants to finish his career at Newcastle, Steven Taylor says he wants to stay and Chris Hughton says Andy Carroll will be staying too - apparently premier league interest in him. And Steven Taylor has warned Championship teams that Newcastle have not hit their best form yet this season - which is true :P

Motherwell today sacked Jim Gannon after just 6 months. Refusal to committ to the club and being more interested in other teams managerial positions seems to be the reasons.

Bit of a shocker but im not completely surprised. His post-match interview at the weekend, along with the treatement of players and the constant changing of match selections were all starting to becoming a bit baffling along with the constant disuputes with the ref's and the media.

Sounds like the best choice for MFC and we can now look forward to an interesting January. Lets just hope the new manager gets enough time to bring in any players.

Newcastle are shit.

Were 10 points clear, soon to be only 3 clear.

Only Gutierrez made any real effort to try and get the team a winner. Two draws in two games that should have been two wins.

Yet you somehow seem to win(most of the time)!

Matt, erm.....I don't think I can sat anything to console you :mrgreen:. despite the fact we're also shit, we're somehow 4th in the league. mind-boggling.

Everyone's shit! :shifty:

I know Newcastle haven't been playing their best, but I guess that's kind of typical that they played really well first half and should have been at least 3-0 and got absolutely nothing. Gutierrez was walking through the Derby defence, Carroll with two headers, Lovekrands shoots wide, Ryan Taylor hits the bar, then misses a one on one with the keeper. Second half was the complete opposite. Absolutely awful. Steven Taylor had the only chance, a header from six yards out - a free header - headed straight at the keeper :roll:

And then everyone suddenly thinks a draw is alright, except for Gutierrez who actually made the effort. The crowd was really anxious, and I worry that if WBA close the gap to 3 points, how the Newcastle players will react to that :neutral:

Away from Newcastle, I thought Man City played really well today, Mancini impressed me :o

we're gunna fuck it up we're gunna fuck it up :/ should of had 6 points instead of 2 dropping points against shit teams is unacceptable

Naw, nobody bar West Brom have the ability to capitalis, you're guaranteed top 2.

I mean, you say you've dropped points against shit teams, but we're 4th and we lost at home to the team bottom of the league and then lost a 4 goal lead to the league's bottom team!

As long as Nottm Forest don't keep up at the pace they are currently going, you'll be fiiiiine.

lovenkrands was awful tonight he cnt hold the ball up for shit

I thought he played well, over-ran the ball once or twice now I think of it, but that shot he had was class, to turn his marker chip it up and hit it - shame it didn't go in.

What I am noticing though the more I see Newcastle, is that Danny Simpson isn't that good.