Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

Liverpool are a joke. They have tried to get Kenwyne Jones from Sunderland on loan. Steve Bruce wasn't happy :lol:

Rangers' Kris Boyd is in talks with Birmingham about moving most likely in the Summer on a free transfer.

Manchester City are looking to sign Mathieu Flamini from AC Milan on loan til the end of the season.

Swansea have unbelievably made an enquiry about Cardiff's Jay Bothroyd.

Newcastle have signed Danny Simpson on a three year deal from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee (probably £1million).

Newcastle had also had an offer of around £800,000 for Portsmouth's Mike Williamson accepted and he had passed a medical, but Portsmouth are wanting more money - they paid £2million for him in the summer.

Oh yeah and ESPN is free this weekend.

2-0 win over St Mirren today.

However.. not for the faint hearted...

18845_310559890864_210454735864_4967920_4983341_n.jpg

Horrible. Had to get 7 stitches.

St Mirren are a dirty dirty bastard team. Fuck them. Our pitch is also a mess now because fox's have been on it and digging it up! :neutral:

I watched the second half of the Motherwell game, the guy who scored the first goal (forgotten his name) looked a quality player.

The guy on commentary was an idiot though I was laughing for about 5 minutes at what he said. Two players went for the ball close to the touch line and the Motherwell one went over the advertising boards. The camera shows a female steward next to him, commentator says "that was close, good thing she didn't have a cup of hot tea or she'd have spilled it"

:lol:

Aye that's Jamie Murphy. He's a bit inconsistent, but he's been playing well recently, he has alot of ability and has shades of the way McFadden played when he was with us. Runs and takes on defenders like he does. He was getting fouled constantly by St Mirren, it was a joke, im glad he scored the first goal. It was a good get it up ye.

FA Cup fifth round draw, ties to be played weekend of 13th/14th February:

Wolves/Crystal Palace v Aston Villa

Manchester City v Stoke

Derby v Birmingham

Bolton v Spurs/Leeds

Chelsea v Cardiff

Fulham v Notts County/Wigan

Reading v West Brom

Southampton v Portsmouth

NEWCASTLE United have completed the signing of Wayne Routledge on a three-and-a-half-year deal from Queens Park Rangers.

The jet-heeled wideman, who has been cleared to make his debut against former club Crystal Palace on Wednesday night, joins for an undisclosed fee from the Loftus Road club and will wear the No.10 jersey for The Magpies.

Routledge, 25, was part of the Hoops side which drew 1-1 at Gallowgate earlier in the season and caught the eye that night with a string of right-wing raids.

Pacey and direct, the Sidcup-born star first burst onto scene at Palace as a 16-year-old and helped the club to promotion from the Championship in 2004.

excellent signing that :D very pleased

Yeah I was happy about Routledge, I usually sign him on football games if I play as Newcastle :P

And GREAT NEWS for Matt, Reading have signed Khizanishvilli on loan til the end of the season :P

Swansea have signed Shefki Kuqi on a free transfer :shifty: I'm undecided on whether that is a good thing or not, Sousa seems to like him though.

What are your predictions for the champions league game ?

Honestly, I think how we play against Milan will largely be determined by how we play against City and Arsenal this week; if we can do well in those games and carry through some confidence into the next couple of weeks then I think we'll win through. Milan don't worry me as much as they used to really.

I would just like to make it 100% clear how much I hate Manchester United.

Rio Ferdinand, you are a cunt. 5 Match Ban coming your way.

And I couldn't believe the Man Utd fans with what they did to Bellamy. Coins thrown at him, then when one hits him in the back of the head and he goes down on the ground, more coins are thrown at him and two GLASS BOTTLES miss him by inches. Disgraceful.

On the plus side: Newcastle 2-0 Crystal Palace

Inter Milan 2-0 AC Milan

Have to say I loved watching Inter win that. The referee was shocking.

Inter finish with 9 men and Ronaldinho misses a penalty for AC.

:nono::nono::nono:

Honestly, I think how we play against Milan will largely be determined by how we play against City and Arsenal this week; if we can do well in those games and carry through some confidence into the next couple of weeks then I think we'll win through. Milan don't worry me as much as they used to really.

Hm kay.

I hear Ferdinand got a 5 matches suspension, that's good news for us, he's probably not going to play in the champions league game since he'll be missing competition.

I think that Man.U is a good draw for Milan, since Ronaldo left, they don't scare me that much anymore.

But there's still that devil of Rooney. :P