Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

Celtic vs Rangers today, what an advert for English Football :P

Only watched the first half, but that referee was abysmal.

FA Cup Shocker: Man Utd 0-1 Leeds. Beckford with the goal against a near enough full strength Utd. Could easily have been more goals for both sides.

harper is in great form this season but as mentioned he's playing less lethal players in the championship, so it will majorly damage his chances....the in form keeper for me this year is Joe Hart ....he should definatly be in the england squad, alongside Paul Robinson for his experience and for me it was a toss up between Ben Foster and Rob Green but due to Foster not playing i would take Green.

i honestly don't get why he aint got a chance coz he plays in championship, Joe Hart is the #1 IMO at the minute followed by steve harper, the rest are in average form.

Just because harper is playing in the league below shouldn't make him any less of a candidate.

yeah i do like harper he is good but its not the same standard....if hes been playing against mediocre players for a full season and then goes up against the likes of ronaldo, drogba and henry type of standard hes gonna be completly out of his depth IMO. next year in premiership he has a similar season without a doubt england call for me.

To be honest, if the England defence is as good as it should be then the Keeper shouldn't have to be diving all over the place saving shots from all angles. And considering England have two of the best centre backs in the world (Terry and Ferdinand) Harper should be fine.

No chance of him being #1 keeper, but #3? Yeah.

So my choice of keepers would be: Joe Hart and Paul Robinson going for the #1 jersey and David James if he's fit, if not, then go for Harper.