MTV voting ((PLAN))

carom

ok so here is the thing....we have to vote for crushx3 because more people know it and it may be their first choice, so that we dont get divided giving the vote for twyg cuz crush has more chances so let's begin a CRUSHCRUSHCRUSH VOTING CAMPAIGN hahaha:hyper:

i thought i should post this.. its from MTV

The 2008 MTV Video Music Awards are fast approaching, and we're big enough to admit that WE NEED YOUR HELP! Seriously, we could just throw a dart at a list taped to a wall somewhere here at MTV HQ to determine which music videos are worthy of a prestigious MTV Video Music Award nomination. Instead, we're going to take a higher road and let you help us decide!

That's right, friends, the nominees for the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards will be influenced by YOU, the world's biggest music fans.

Here's how it's going to work:

Beginning Friday, July 18, we'll open two categories for nominee voting during FNMTV , you know, that little show that Pete Wentz hosts on MTV (Fridays at 8 p.m. ET/PT, don't miss it!). Once that happens, you will have the opportunity to choose from hundreds of eligible videos released over the last year, and you'll have until the following Wednesday at 11 a.m. ET to cast your vote. But remember, only one vote per person will be counted -- choose carefully! We'll look at who music fans have bubbled to the top as we determine the finalists, which will be announced the next Friday during FNMTV and here on vma.mtv.com. And then we'll do it again and again every week until you've had your say in eight incredibly important categories: Best Male Video , Best Female Video , Best Pop Video , Best Hip-Hop Video , Best New Artist , Best Dancing In A Video , Best Rock Video and Video Of The Year .

And get this, it doesn't end there, because we also want you to choose the winner of the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards' Best New Artist. Really! So, not only do you get to help us choose the artists who will be nominated for this awesome award, but you, and only you, get to pick the winner of that prestigious Moonman trophy.

Winners for the remaining categories will be chosen by a panel of music industry folk, music video experts and tastemakers who will write the names on cards that they'll put it into the envelopes that are opened on stage during the VMAs, Sept. 7 LIVE on MTV! We'll also consult the experts to pick the nominees and winners of a series of "professional" awards -- Best Choreography, Best Direction, Best Editing, Best Special Effects, Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction, and Best Story.

Organize your fan clubs, post pleading messages on your blog, IM your besties, alert all 460 of your Facebook "friends" and get everyone you know in the world behind your favorite videos to give them a fighting chance at winning the Moonman!

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2008/info.jhtml

i just wanted to remind everyone that you can only vote once...

CrushCrushCrush is the obvious choice overall. I think we have the nomination for Best Rock Video already. However we are behind in the Video of the Year. So everyone please vote especially for Video of the Year.

what? that doesnt make any sense tho.

by splitting the vote between TWYG and CCC, you are decreasing their chance or actually winning.

like say for agruements sake its TWYG, CCC, and the Jonas brothers or something

twyg gets 350 votes, CCC gets 400 votes but jonas gets 500

jonas wins because MTV isnt gonna add up the total votes paramore got, just the total votes a video got so even tho paramore got 750 total, it means nothing.

however.

I think you can only vote once PERIOD. See the link below...

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/2008/info.jhtml

Either way, I don't know that it matters much which video we choose - from reading that info page, it sounds to me like MTV's just taking the viewer votes into consideration in making their final choices. If Paramore gets enough votes across the two videos, I think MTV will choose one and make it a nominee.

My guess is they have a much better shot at Best Rock Video than Video of the Year, but it's worth voting for them in both. Fingers crossed!!!

yeah that is what im trying to say dont vote for twyg because ccc has way more chances! and if u are in this forum is becuase you like paramore and hell yeah you should care cause the band got really happy for the tcha they won & vma's are even better!

thats just brent's guess tho, better safe than sorry.

paramoremusic is actually very confused so im not sure, i dont post there much anymore cause they are so anal and bitchy now

That's my guess, but coordinating any kind of organized voting is pretty much impossible.

Just vote for Paramore either way and hope for the best :)

Why does it matter if they win this award or not? :???:

apart from the grammy's, the vma is one of the biggest music award show here in the u.s.

and just the fact that they have a chance of being nominated is a HUGE deal!