METALLICA!

the1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Oh yeah, Metallica!

C'mon, I personally feel that along with Pantera, they are the best heavy metal band to grace the earth.

Thoughts??

Far from it, there are loads of better metal bands out there. I listed a few here.

They used to be amazing, but after Burton died, they just started going downhill.

Should never've fired Mustaine, either, he was a sick guitar player. Though, 'spose if they didn't, we wouldn't have Megadeth.

Metallica are still amazing live, though, when I saw them, they played the whole of Master of Puppets.

If you absolutely loved Cliff Burton and their really old stuff then you won't like it. From people I know, it's got mixed responses... dependant on how much people loved their stuff from the 80s.

But since you said you liked 'The Day That Never Comes' I'd say you're gonna like it.

8-)

From what Ive heard it sounds pretty good!!

But the new Trivium album will blow it away!!

:???:

Trivium are just trying to copy Metallica, and they're failling miserably.

No way, ever, in this dimension or otherwise, would Trivium ever be able to compose anything better than Metallica. I haven't heared much of Metallica's new stuff, and I don't want to offend my hearing by listening to Trivium, again, but it's like comparing Blink 182 to The Misfits, Cradle of Sh*t to Marduk or Evanesence to Epica. It's pretty much a no-brainer.

It's true that Metallica have been going downhill after the death of Burton and Mustaine being kicked out, but they'd never be worse than Trivium, and Trivium will never be better, Metallica are still too good musicians, and Trivium are still too sh*te musicians, to even compare.

Still, you've got to question your own opinion when you think that Trivium could ever be better than Metallica.

The only way that would happen is if Mustaine left Megadeth and Burton ressurected from beyond the grave and they joined Trivium.

Even then, Trivium might only be half as good as Metallica.

Current Metallica is shit.

I don't argue that Trivium will never come close to MOP/AJFA era, but Triviums output is much better than St Anger could ever be. Until I hear the new album the current state of Trivum> Current state of Metallica.

And I'm betting you dont even listen to Trivium, which makes your opinion completely uneducated.

I don't really like Metallica's new stuff, but that doesn't make it shit. They're still amazing musicians.

Metallica have got decades of experience in the musical field, I saw them a while ago and they were celebrating the Master of Puppets 20th anniversary. They can still play it flawlessly (Even without Burton) and I'm pretty sure that if they wanted, they could easily compose music that's just as good. Trivium couldn't compose anything of that magnitude.

I don't listen to Trivium, I wouldn't insult my taste in music like that, but I have listened to Trivium, and the quality of their music isn't even on par with Metallica.

I don't really like Metallica's new stuff, but that doesn't make it shit. They're still amazing musicians.

Metallica have got decades of experience in the musical field, I saw them a while ago and they were celebrating the Master of Puppets 20th anniversary. They can still play it flawlessly (Even without Burton) and I'm pretty sure that if they wanted, they could easily compose music that's just as good. Trivium couldn't compose anything of that magnitude.

I don't listen to Trivium, I wouldn't insult my taste in music like that, but I have listened to Trivium, and the quality of their music isn't even on par with Metallica.

Just because they're amazing musicians doesnt mean that they will always produce great music.

Fact is, Metallica have been far surpassed, and they are gonna be simply riding on the greatness of those albums until they end. Trivium still have the ability to make one great album, and if Metallica havent beaten their early work by now chances are they ain't gonna anywhere in the near future.

True. But what I'm saying is that there is no defination to "greatness" other than what people percieve.

e.g. I think Led Zepplin suck balls, but I constantly get told that I should worship. Their influence is definately great, but I don't think they're music is. However, I know that they are supposedly amazing due to their status, but I don't think all over bands aren't as "great" as them.