Favourite Movie Quote...

eatanapple1

• 2 weeks later...

well, if desperate housewives counts, this is gotta be my new favorite

"I don't know much about love...I... I dabbled in it once or twice, but it always seemed more trouble than it was worth. I told myself I wasn't missing much. But watching you all these years,how... how hard you've tried, how...how hurt you've been, but you still...keep getting back up, you dust yourself off, then you try again. Maybe I am missing something. Maybe... maybe it is worth it."

......i ended up in tears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bump :shifty:

Kay Adams: Michael, you never told me you knew Johnny Fontane!

Michael: Sure, you want to meet him?

Kay Adams: Well, yeah! Sure.

Michael: My father helped him with his career.

Kay Adams: How did he do that?

Michael: ...Let's listen to the song.

Kay Adams: [after listening to Johnny sing for a while] Tell me, Michael. Please.

Michael: Well, when Johnny was first starting out, he was signed to a personal services contract with this big-band leader. And as his career got better and better, he wanted to get out of it. But the band leader wouldn't let him. Now, Johnny is my father's godson. So my father went to see this bandleader and offered him $10,000 to let Johnny go, but the bandleader said no. So the next day, my father went back, only this time with Luca Brasi. Within an hour, he had a signed release for a certified check of $1000.

Kay Adams: How did he do that?

Michael: My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Kay Adams: What was that?

Michael: Luca Brasi held a gun to his head, and my father assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract.

Kay Adams: ...

Michael: ...That's a true story.

Guest JadeIsRad

More than one quote but deal with it xD

Y Tu Mama Tambien

"The Manifesto:

1. There is no greater honor than being a Charolastra.

2. Do whatever you feel like.

3. Pop beats poetry.

4. Get high at least once a day.

5. You shall not screw a fellow Charolastra's girlfriend.

6. Whoever supports Team America is a fag.

7. Whacking off rules.

8. Never marry a virgin.

9. Whoever supports Team America is a fag.

10. Truth is cool but unattainable.

11. The asshole who breaks any of the previous rules loses his title of Charolastra."

Luisa: "You have to make the clitoris your best friend."

Tenoch: "What kind of friend is always hiding?"

Diego 'Saba' Madero: [giving Tenoch directions with the aid of a map] "So you go this way, and then you take this road, and you..."

Tenoch: "Saba, screw off, that's a river!"

Tenoch: [buying condoms] "Where's your size?"

Julio: "In the meat section with the giant salamis."

The Science Of Sleep

Stephane: "Tonight I'll show you how dreams are prepared. Love, friendships, relationships...all those ships."

Stephane: "I like your boobs. I think they're very friendly and unpretentious."

Stephane: "Im exhausted, I think I'll wake up now."

:shifty:

why oh why have i not posted in here yet?

"The thing is, a person's life is like a TV show. I was the star of The Will Show. And The Will Show wasn't an ensemble drama. Guests came and went, but I was the regular. It came down to me and me alone. If Marcus' mum couldn't manage her own show, if her ratings were falling, it was sad, but that was her problem. Ultimately, the whole single mum plotline was a bit complicated for me."

"Christine: You will end up childless and alone.

Will: Well, fingers crossed, yeah."

"Will: I couldn't possibly think of a worse godfather for Imogene. You know me. I'll drop her at her christening. I'll forget her birthdays until her 18th, when I'll take her out and get her drunk and possibly, let's face it, you know, try and shag her. I mean, seriously, it's a very, very bad choice.

Couple: We know, I just thought you had hidden depths.

Will: No. No. You've always had that wrong. I really am this shallow."

"I'll tell you one thing. Men are bastards. After about ten minutes I wanted to cut my own penis off with a kitchen knife."

"Fiona: I mean, he's a special - very, very special boy and he's got a special soul, and I've wounded it.

Will: Oh, please, just shut up. You're wounding my soul."

"Ellie: You like rap?

Marcus: A little. It's by black people mostly. And they're pretty angry most of the time. But sometimes they just want to have sex. "

"Will: [thinking] Every man is an island. I stand by that. But clearly some men are island CHAINS. Underneath, they are connected...

Marcus: [thinking] I used to think two was not enough. But now things are great; there are loads of people... I don't know what Will was so pissed about. I don't think couples are the future. The way I see it now, we both got back-up now. It's like that thing Jon Bon Jovi said: 'No man is an island.'"

if you hadn't noticed i'm quite fond of about a boy

• Like 1

"The thing is, a person's life is like a TV show. I was the star of The Will Show. And The Will Show wasn't an ensemble drama. Guests came and went, but I was the regular. It came down to me and me alone. If Marcus' mum couldn't manage her own show, if her ratings were falling, it was sad, but that was her problem. Ultimately, the whole single mum plotline was a bit complicated for me."

"Will: I couldn't possibly think of a worse godfather for Imogene. You know me. I'll drop her at her christening. I'll forget her birthdays until her 18th, when I'll take her out and get her drunk and possibly, let's face it, you know, try and shag her. I mean, seriously, it's a very, very bad choice.

"I'll tell you one thing. Men are bastards. After about ten minutes I wanted to cut my own penis off with a kitchen knife."

"Fiona: I mean, he's a special - very, very special boy and he's got a special soul, and I've wounded it.

Marcus: A little. It's by black people mostly. And they're pretty angry most of the time. But sometimes they just want to have sex. "

"Will: [thinking] Every man is an island. I stand by that. But clearly some men are island CHAINS. Underneath, they are connected...

Marcus: [thinking] I used to think two was not enough. But now things are great; there are loads of people... I don't know what Will was so pissed about. I don't think couples are the future. The way I see it now, we both got back-up now. It's like that thing Jon Bon Jovi said: 'No man is an island.'"

^ Win!:hyper: Your awesome Kayla.

• Like 1

Guest JadeIsRad

I LOVE ABOUT A BOY. AND YOU. OBV. 8-)

Narrator: [Tobias is covered in blue paint and is walking at dusk] Tobias went to a tryout for the Blue Man Group hoping to be seen.

[Tobias is run over by Barry]

Narrator: Unfortunately, it was dusk, and he wasn't seen.

Narrator: Tobias listens to a day's worth of his own words, to see what Michael was referring to...

Tobias Fünke: [on tape] ... even if it means me taking a chubby, I will suck it up.

Tobias Fünke: Nothing wrong with that.

Tobias Fünke: [on tape] Oh, I've been in the film business for a while, but I just can't seem to get one in the can.

Tobias Fünke: It's out of context.

Tobias Fünke: [on tape] I wouldn't mind kissing that man between the cheeks.

Narrator: ...and he realized there is something distinct about the way he speaks.

Tobias Fünke: Tobias, you blowhard.

[chuckles]

Both from Arrested Development

Dan: Didn't fancy my sandwiches?

Alice: Don't eat fish.

Dan: Why not?

Alice: Fish piss in the sea.

Dan: So do children.

Alice: Don't eat children either.

Dan: I fell in love with her, Alice.

Alice: Oh, as if you had no choice? There's a moment, there's always a moment, "I can do this, I can give into this, or I can resist it", and I don't know when your moment was, but I bet you there was one.

Both from Closer

Guest JadeIsRad

Milk

Dan White: [extremely drunk, to Jack Lira] Whatever! I don't even know who you are, you just showed up out of nowhere, Latino man.

State Senator John Briggs: It's time to root them out.

Tom Ammiano: And how are you going to determine who's a homosexual?

State Senator John Briggs: My bill outlines procedures for identifying homosexuals.

Tom Ammiano: How? Will you be sucking them off?

Dan White: Society can't exist without the family.

Harvey Milk: We're not against that.

Dan White: Can two men reproduce?

Harvey Milk: No, but God knows we keep trying.

Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights

Javier Suarez: It's like dancing with my mother's ironing board.

Katey Miller: Do you have to be such a guy?

Javier Suarez: Ok.

[pauses]

Javier Suarez: Ok, I'll be the girl.

[fixes his shirt and hair to "look like a girl"]

Katey Miller: [laughs]

8-)

• 2 weeks later...